Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: meatsy86 on April 26, 2010, 11:17:49 AM
Can anyone tell me wat the correct final score was in the an riocht v kilcoo game last thursday night, I'm hearing kilcoo won by 10 but down website says 4.

An Riocht 1-13 Kilcoo 4-10

Oldhacker

Bredagh's u14 victory at the weekend was a great achievement, and could prove to be a significant day for Down hurling, but it was hardly the first time the A Feile title had left the Ards since the competition started.  There are a few elderly figures in and around Kilkeel who can remember winning the inaugural event in 1971.

BREANDRUM

Apologies Oldhacker. First time in 39 years!

johnneycool

Quote from: Oldhacker on April 26, 2010, 04:00:02 PM
Bredagh's u14 victory at the weekend was a great achievement, and could prove to be a significant day for Down hurling, but it was hardly the first time the A Feile title had left the Ards since the competition started.  There are a few elderly figures in and around Kilkeel who can remember winning the inaugural event in 1971.

Well done Bredagh, a lot of good work going on in the leafy suburbs of South Belfast and it'll be good to get another competitive team up to senior level in the coming years.

Breandrum,
  you better avoid Lecale2 with that ill thought out statement.

cabra_harps

Quote from: downredblack on April 25, 2010, 10:50:05 PM
I was sitting at the top of the steps entering the lower Cusack and a few boys tried to bring pints in and were quickly ran by the stewards , In saying that two balloons were allowed down to their seats and they were just about able to walk . I think one of the same boys then proceeded to get sick in his seat . Nightmare for those around them especially those with kids .

Aye, same thing happened near me. Two alco Armagh boys say down couple of rows in front and got sick. Almost as bad as the sickening result. Had good seats though, 310. Bit more close to midfield would have been perfect. Dan Gordon's not at the races though, thought Conor Laverty did well, despite size and all that.

supersub

Rostrevor beat the bridge this evening, think there was 4 or 5 in it!

No hoper

Rostrevor 1. 12 Mayobridge 0. 11

Mid Down Gael

Is the 2010 club championship draw on tonight can anyone confirm?

Square Ball

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on April 26, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
Is the 2010 club championship draw on tonight can anyone confirm?

Not sure MDG, the minor one is tomorrow night with the prelim games if needed on the 4th of May
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thegael

Wise up it is only May on Saturday surely the draw would do in July or so.

Our County Board have a lot of important things to do so the draw for the championship is way down the list of priorities!!

the gael takes no prisoners!!

Lecale2

The championship draws will be held in the Canal Court when the new sponsor for the football championships is confirmed. The sponsors expect a bit of PR for their investment.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Lecale2 on April 26, 2010, 10:49:01 PM
The championship draws will be held in the Canal Court when the new sponsor for the football championships is confirmed. The sponsors expect a bit of PR for their investment.

Typical off county board, cant get a sponser brfore end off April. To try and get more money out off Powerade in these times is a bit crazy. Im sure they where pumping a right few pound in but obviously not enough.

EagleLord

I cant get my head round the atitude of some supporters, 'the aim of this year was to get promoted, and we have done that, so the NFL final is a bonus'.. I really cant get my head around it. Even Ross said it last year, the old, 'aw well it doesnt matter that we didnt win the div 3 title, we wanted promotion and we got it. We are happy enough to get beat by Tipperary'. FFS! And James said the same in the run-up to the game yesterday, in the papers and all, we wanted div1 football and we acheived that a few weeks ago so we are happy to be in the final as a bit of a bonus'. Bit of a bonus?? Its a title! Its a medal! A national medal for playing in a Down jersey! Of the top of my head I think Benny is the longest serving Down player? 10years? and What has he got to show for it?..nothing.. When the chance comes along to win silverware, why not take it. Down played brilliant this year, unbeaten, why not go all out for the title, I bet lads on that team would love a medal to show for it. Last year ticked me off more though, it almost seemed that Ross wasnt fussed on winning div3 because its just a div3 titlle. As if it is beneath Down. Its a big deal for Tipp to win it, but we arent bothered with it atal. If the right applications were made, the majority of lads on the panel would have back to back national league winners medals. The fans crave it too, look at how much a big deal the mckenna cup was to supporters, how it gave the whole place a lift. Really disapointed me to hear Down supporters say that. And a manager! Is that not a terrible attitude to have? or is it just me? Im sure Clarke, Coulter, Rodgers would all rather their 'honours list' included 2 national league titles in it, you cant write, 'got promoted 3 times in national league' as an honurs won...

Mourne Rover

We all hope Dan McCartan not suspended for Ballybofey, but he must be a serious doubt and we need to have other options. Brannigan has not looked the part to date, so switching Garvey into the full back line may have to be tried. Rafferty should be back but the game will probably be too soon for Howard. Hanna was only given half a match in the league at wing forward, but he could also come into the reckoning at wing back. Liam Doyle would be a huge boost, but James has reported that his progress has been slower than expected. Paul Murphy at his best would be an automatic choice, but he seems to be struggling as well. Is there a serious hope that Doyle or Murphy will be available ?

Pangurban

The Gael takes no prisoners, perhaps he might be an option, though his persistent negativity would probably lower morale within the squad