Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: John o connor on April 19, 2010, 09:16:21 PM
Was at the Shamrocks Tullylish game other night was talkin to  fella who knows Brian Mc Iver said they are hearing big things about young fella from Magheralin called Mc Straw could nt be true ? Wee James is hardly lookin at division 4 < anyone hear anything ?

Great HIT!!! LOL

dundrumite

Quote from: When We Win on April 19, 2010, 09:14:13 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on April 17, 2010, 12:17:33 AM
The bank in Darragh Cross is a great place for watchin matches... Stewards, you know who you are...
Dundrum beat by 5 by Darragh..

Iconic event was great steam.. Well done to organising committee. Brilliant...

Is there something you need to get off your chest DF. What way did you'se play and how did the star McCom play. I heard that you took a healthy lead but it fell apart.

Relax horse, think its an in joke with fellow posters on this from the DC direction. We played well for first 20 mins but unfortunately didnt sustain it. Couple of sucker punch goals in the later spell of first half wiped a 6 point lead to bring it level pegging at half time. "The star Mc Com" as you put it did rightly. Darragh won't be far away when all is said and done come October play off time. Strong around the middle and have six forwards who all know where the nets are, a rarity in division three.

John o connor

Seems i was set up the other night at the Shamrocks v Tullylish game about the young fella Mc Straw from Magheralin  ;) very good  :D turns out he is at bit of a local hero who likes a pint and some one set the romour mill in motion , i should have known better . Wats next bringin in players from the FINN !!!!

ballela-angel

Does anyone have a link to the special Down ceremonies associated with the GAA Congress in Newcastle this past week end?
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

marsbarkid

Quote from: John o connor on April 20, 2010, 07:13:16 PM
Seems i was set up the other night at the Shamrocks v Tullylish game about the young fella Mc Straw from Magheralin  ;) very good  :D turns out he is at bit of a local hero who likes a pint and some one set the romour mill in motion , i should have known better . Wats next bringin in players from the FINN !!!!
[/quote

Mind your manners John.

mournerambler

Quote from: marsbarkid on April 21, 2010, 05:50:31 PM
Quote from: John o connor on April 20, 2010, 07:13:16 PM
[/quote

Mind your manners John.

Yeah John don't be slagging of players from Castlewellan II's  ;)

John o connor

forgot they were your reserve reserves

cabra_harps

Any scéal on the C'ship draws being made?? And... just to throw a bit controversy into the mix, I've got a feeling it's gonna be Clonduff's year! ;) First round against the 'Bridge lets hope - always nice to get an easy first round.

T O Hare

Quote from: cabra_harps on April 22, 2010, 05:47:48 PM
Any scéal on the C'ship draws being made?? And... just to throw a bit controversy into the mix, I've got a feeling it's gonna be Clonduff's year! ;) First round against the 'Bridge lets hope - always nice to get an easy first round.

Any word  on the famous harps being resurrected!!  :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Catch the high ball

Castlewellan 0.15
Clonduff 1.13
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

5 Sams

Any word of the games being switched to Thurs next week cos Down are away??
The Aristocrat Years

souljaboy

daragh cross beat drumgath 1 8 to 6 points, good start to the year for daragh
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

Mid Down Gael

dundrumite

Quote from: Catch the high ball on April 22, 2010, 09:03:55 PM
Castlewellan 0.15
Clonduff 1.13

Castlewellan must be kicking themselves. 14-8 up and playing the better football with no more than 8 mins left. Hit a post with a goal bound effort and let in a sucker punch goal with literally the last kick of the game.

cabra_harps

Aye, a return to the Fifties, O Hare. Ach I think we'll leave it for the time being, see how the Cabra contingents lookin in another few years!  ;)