Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

down6061689194

Carryduff beat drumaness by 7

sabhallphadraig

Saul 1-6 Darragh Cross 1-9

HT: 1-3 to 1-3

Saul know that they didn't do enough in the first half with wind in their favour and also allowing Darragh a 1-1 to 0-0 start before getting going although there are both learning points and positives with a number of league debutants today. Darragh were more clinical late in the game when 3 unanswered points in the closing 5 mins sealed the win, having been a lot more crafty with the wind in the opening 32.5 mins.

goldenyears

Clann na Banna 1-10 - 0-6 Annaclone

Tullylish 1-10 - 0-5 Atticall

Warrenpoint 1-5 - 0-9 Ballymartin

Loughinisland 2-12 - 1-6 Shamrocks

dundrumite

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on April 05, 2010, 03:09:47 PM
Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on April 04, 2010, 04:32:33 PM
Disappointing start for us today. But Clonduff cut through our defence with ease, they have  a very young squad there and deserved their win. But the bridge will bounce back next outing.  Bridge had a lot of possesion but couldnt convert their chances! Ref was a joke too!!

Fanatic u P***K, does this sound as if i haven't accepted the defeat? Read the post properly u t**t!!!!
You are used to that standard of refereeing in Division 3!

Fiesty.. Refs are easy blamed but just like players will have stinkers, ust something I think we have to accept.

Norabeg meant to ask earlier did RGU not field in couple of reserves games?

western exile

There seems to have been a lot of low scoring games.  Was the weather that big a factor?

norabeag

Quote from: dundrumite on April 05, 2010, 08:54:53 PM
Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on April 05, 2010, 03:09:47 PM
Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on April 04, 2010, 04:32:33 PM
Disappointing start for us today. But Clonduff cut through our defence with ease, they have  a very young squad there and deserved their win. But the bridge will bounce back next outing.  Bridge had a lot of possesion but couldnt convert their chances! Ref was a joke too!!

Fanatic u P***K, does this sound as if i haven't accepted the defeat? Read the post properly u t**t!!!!
You are used to that standard of refereeing in Division 3!

Fiesty.. Refs are easy blamed but just like players will have stinkers, ust something I think we have to accept.

Norabeg meant to ask earlier did RGU not field in couple of reserves games?
Thats right.
Believe the problem is now sorted and that will not happen again

dundroma

Quote from: western exile on April 05, 2010, 09:47:31 PM
There seems to have been a lot of low scoring games.  Was the weather that big a factor?
the weather was a very big factor in the division 3 match between Dundrum and St John's 13 points shared between each team
and i say there was allot more wides hit than scores

supersub

Yeh weather was a big factor wind was wild at our pitch! Amrose was in the wars took some amount of hits from our boys today, and he still managed a goal. Ended 1-8 a piece, could have gone either way but draw was probably a fair result for a poor game! Longstone didn't look that impressive. Their no 13 took a couple of great scores, but best player on the pitch was rostrevors shaun parr, scored about 3 points but set up most of the rest! Only for him rostrevor may have struggled!

Early days and both teams have potential should be interesting to see how both progess over the year! Howd burren do?

supersub

Sorry didn't see the burren result!

marsbarkid

Does any1 know when the draw is taking place for this years club championships?

sebastion

Great to hear that Liam Doyle played a whole game,and played well I read.I would love to see him in action on Sunday for the county,I feel we could need him come NFL Final

EagleLord

Quote from: sebastion on April 06, 2010, 11:12:47 PM
Great to hear that Liam Doyle played a whole game,and played well I read.I would love to see him in action on Sunday for the county,I feel we could need him come NFL Final

Leave well enough alone..

sebastion

Quote from: EagleLord on April 07, 2010, 12:50:42 AM

explain

EagleLord

Quote from: sebastion on April 07, 2010, 12:14:48 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on April 07, 2010, 12:50:42 AM

explain

The teams doing all right as it is. Why bring him back in just for the final? Good player, could be used to steady the ship late on or something, but should not start.

goldenyears

Have it on good authority that Dan is back training with the panel