Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: marsbarkid on February 12, 2010, 04:42:52 PM
Quote from: stpauls on February 12, 2010, 01:49:58 PM
Quote from: Johnnie99 on February 12, 2010, 01:39:08 PM
Quote from: stpauls on February 12, 2010, 11:32:54 AM
i am presuming that there is a mistake in that proposed fixture list, as it states that Div 4 teams have rounds 19-22 to play, when there is only 9 teams in the league, which would mean if each team were to play each other twice, then there would only be 18 rounds of games, with 1 team having a bye every round!! am i right in saying this?

Would it not be 16 games?

yeah, we would play 16 games but we would also have 2 rounds were we don't play a game, due to having a bye week.

That would leave our league season over on the 30th July  :o with the championship 2 look forward 2 the nxt wknd. It will be a long off-season for any Div 4 teams put out in the 1st rd of the chship!! Any word yet of any sections or fixtures sorted out yet for the EDRFL?

to be honest MBK, that may not be a bad thing , with having the last 3 seasons run into October for us, it would be a welcome change!

down6061689194

EDRFL to run paralel to ACPRL?

And I dont's see ACPRL Round 1.

stiff breeze

what way are the promotion and relegation play offs working this year. Cant imagine they will be the same as last as that would leave only 8 teams in div 1.

Town Gael

Does anyone know the 9 subs for tonight's game?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Town Gael on February 13, 2010, 09:48:45 AM
Does anyone know the 9 subs for tonight's game?

Same as last week, Declan Alder, Conor Laverty, Peter Fitzpatrick, Paul Greenan, Mark Poland, Stephen Kearney, Aidan Brannigan, Paul Murphy and Kevin Duffin.

13aside

Went to the match in Pairc Esler last night,great turn-out of fans with the stand full and 800-1000 supporters on the terrace side of the pitch.Down deserved their victory if only for their intensity and desire.Down began the game strongly but were pegged back to 6pts to 5 pts at half-time with an improving Meath mid-field.A couple of early Down wides in the second half and an escape when Meath got a point that might have been a goal set up a storming finish with the Down pressure payng off with late points for the win.McVeigh was assured in goal and well supported by Rafferty,Colgan and Garvey, at mid-field Ambrose had some good moments and kicked 2 brilliant points.The forwards worked tirelessly throughout,with running,tackling and score-taking all vital ingredients.Further improvement last night management/players-- Well done!! 

dodgy umpire

Quote from: 13aside on February 14, 2010, 08:16:21 AM
Went to the match in Pairc Esler last night,great turn-out of fans with the stand full and 800-1000 supporters on the terrace side of the pitch.Down deserved their victory if only for their intensity and desire.Down began the game strongly but were pegged back to 6pts to 5 pts at half-time with an improving Meath mid-field.A couple of early Down wides in the second half and an escape when Meath got a point that might have been a goal set up a storming finish with the Down pressure payng off with late points for the win.McVeigh was assured in goal and well supported by Rafferty,Colgan and Garvey, at mid-field Ambrose had some good moments and kicked 2 brilliant points.The forwards worked tirelessly throughout,with running,tackling and score-taking all vital ingredients.Further improvement last night management/players-- Well done!! 

While this is true i felt we were second best at midfield last night. Kalum King is a great big strong player and its obvious why he is in there but i thought last night Fitzpatrick would have been the better option. Anyone know my McKernan came off? He was shouting to the sideline that he could last untill half time, just wondering if he picked up an injury?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

marsbarkid

Quote from: down6061689194 on February 12, 2010, 06:15:22 PM
EDRFL to run paralel to ACPRL?

And I dont's see ACPRL Round 1.

Last yr they both started on sun 29th march, this yr ACPRL starts on 7th march, not sure if EDRFL will start so early. Would like 2 get some definite feedback from the East Down Board with regards 2 sections + starting date so we can go ahead and organise a couple of friendlies (preferably with teams from the other section) in the 2 weeks prior to the starting date.

marsbarkid

Quote from: stpauls on February 12, 2010, 04:47:21 PM
Quote from: marsbarkid on February 12, 2010, 04:42:52 PM
Quote from: stpauls on February 12, 2010, 01:49:58 PM
Quote from: Johnnie99 on February 12, 2010, 01:39:08 PM
Quote from: stpauls on February 12, 2010, 11:32:54 AM
i am presuming that there is a mistake in that proposed fixture list, as it states that Div 4 teams have rounds 19-22 to play, when there is only 9 teams in the league, which would mean if each team were to play each other twice, then there would only be 18 rounds of games, with 1 team having a bye every round!! am i right in saying this?

Would it not be 16 games?

yeah, we would play 16 games but we would also have 2 rounds were we don't play a game, due to having a bye week.

That would leave our league season over on the 30th July  :o with the championship 2 look forward 2 the nxt wknd. It will be a long off-season for any Div 4 teams put out in the 1st rd of the chship!! Any word yet of any sections or fixtures sorted out yet for the EDRFL?

to be honest MBK, that may not be a bad thing , with having the last 3 seasons run into October for us, it would be a welcome change!

RE: st.pauls I think use would b hotly tipped (+ rightly so) 2 finish in the top 3 in Div 4 this yr + progress to the latter rounds of the Junior Championship. So u may be playing into October this yr again!! ;)

down desperado

i see a few counties began their leagues today, i think its strange that we have to wait 7 or 8 weeks for our first league game. I seem to be in the minority but i reckon the first week of march would be an ideal time to begin the season, this years fixture program looks like being chaotic again at the end of the year, lessons never seem to be learned.

Tomorrow is another day

Point taken - so I have deleted my comment. I suggest you do likewise.

But it is out there  in the public domain now due to the Sunday World - not my post.

By the way the INM who own the Sunday World have a history of never letting the truth get in the way of a salacious story

mournerambler

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on February 15, 2010, 09:59:32 PM
Point taken - so I have deleted my comment. I suggest you do likewise.

But it is out there  in the public domain now due to the Sunday World - not my post.

By the way the INM who own the Sunday World have a history of never letting the truth get in the way of a salacious story

Comment deleted TIAD
AFAIK that rag never published any story on the topic you're referring to, you ought to be careful what you post.

Tomorrow is another day

OK - I never buy or read that paper.

But I was approached by a Fermanagh Gael today who told me chapter and verse and quoted the Sunday World. Lets move on in everyones interest

mournerambler

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on February 15, 2010, 10:13:12 PM
OK - I never buy or read that paper.
But I was approached by a Fermanagh Gael today who told me chapter and verse and quoted the Sunday World. Lets move on in everyones interest

Agreed, we need to focus on the positives for a change, as for the rag we are both in agreement on, after it's Northern editor got a bit of a slap outside Belfast City Hall last year, I laughed when I heard someone say that the newspaper headline should read 'sc**bag attacked by thugs'  ;D

downredblack

Little snippet from last weeks program

John Clarke made his league debut in 2002 , over the course of the next 7 league and Championship campaigns he played in 74 out of 78 games . He notched up his 50th appearance for Down 2 weeks ago against Kildare .
Some level of consistency , long may it continue .