Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikeflyer30

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 06, 2010, 06:06:29 PM
Quote from: supersub on February 06, 2010, 05:45:52 PM
As far as I am aware there has been a cut in the panel and I'm not sure about the others but I know one player in that named 24 is no longer on the Down panel.

Yeah find it very strange Sean was cut. I reallly had high hopes for him. Although monk was not playing well, he should be ahead off Dan McCartan. Mickey Magee and Stevie Toner also not selected while Darren Cunningham left earlier in week.
How many players did he have in the Mc Kenna cup squad I seen saxon,magee,parr,toner it must have been a big cut

supersub

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 06, 2010, 06:06:29 PM
Quote from: supersub on February 06, 2010, 05:45:52 PM
As far as I am aware there has been a cut in the panel and I'm not sure about the others but I know one player in that named 24 is no longer on the Down panel.

Yeah find it very strange Sean was cut. I reallly had high hopes for him. Although monk was not playing well, he should be ahead off Dan McCartan. Mickey Magee and Stevie Toner also not selected while Darren Cunningham left earlier in week.
Quote from: True Blue on February 06, 2010, 06:09:42 PM
supersub

did sean walk or was he cut?

Yeh a lot of people had high hopes for him too, great player still think he is worth a place in the panel, superb talent. Maybe he'll get another chance down the line. Monk also can count himself unlucky, as he has been a stalwart for down over the last 5 or 6 years!

Blue Shaun was definately cut, along with Martin Cole and a few others.

Square Ball

So, the proposed start to the ACFL is the 5th of April.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

supersub

Square Ball

Quote from: supersub on February 06, 2010, 08:18:04 PM
Easter Monday if I am correct?

you are indeed Supersub, so its a dry Easter weekend for the boys, but probably a very messy Monday

supersub

Hmmm maybe so, but there most likely will be a match that friday with training inbetween for most so Easter may be ruined haha

Square Ball

there is indeed a game that Friday

supersub

Good time to start regardless - is this a definate date?

Square Ball

Quote from: supersub on February 06, 2010, 08:29:23 PM
Good time to start regardless - is this a definate date?

think they are just proposed dates at the minute.

dundroma

Bitta-Banter

supersub

Lecale2

Sounded like a very good performanace.

cokers

Great result today. Any reports lads?