Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extra time

two clarkes, big jamie colgan and brendy mac from An Riocht

Brick Tamlin

Frank Dawson has indeed replaced Barton at Burren.
I think he will do well there.

im guessing the 6 Burren men on county are:
1 Ciaran Mc Govern.
2 Declan Rooney
3 James Mc Govern.
4 Kevin Mc Kernan.
5 Our Daniel?
6 AN OTHER?

Eartotheground

Any word if theres many bryansford players

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on December 01, 2009, 07:41:56 PM

1 Ciaran Mc Govern.
2 Declan Rooney
3 James Mc Govern.
4 Kevin Mc Kernan.
5 Our Daniel?
6 AN OTHER?

Gerard McCartan

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Eartotheground on December 01, 2009, 07:44:34 PM
Any word if theres many bryansford players

Timmy Hanna, Conor Maginn and Stephen Toner

Eartotheground

DownFanatic

1 Ciaran Mc Govern.
2 Declan Rooney
3 James Mc Govern.
4 Kevin Mc Kernan.
5 Our Daniel?
6 AN OTHER?

McCartan is only in the job two minutes and idiots like you have already started the nepotism theories.

It was the same with Aidan Carr. He's only there because his dad his the manager. Heard that type of bollocks time and time again.

Unfortunately, your one of the Down supporters who probably want us to fail and no doubt when Dan McCartan gets his first taste of action you will be playing your nepotism card again.

Arsehole.

P.S - Anyone have a picture of the 1987 Down All Ireland Minor team. Need it ASAP.

norabeag

When is asap
There is a good colour photo in RGU clubrooms I think

The Worker

Quote from: DownFanatic on December 01, 2009, 08:39:57 PM

1 Ciaran Mc Govern.
2 Declan Rooney
3 James Mc Govern.
4 Kevin Mc Kernan.
5 Our Daniel?
6 AN OTHER?

McCartan is only in the job two minutes and idiots like you have already started the nepotism theories.

It was the same with Aidan Carr. He's only there because his dad his the manager. Heard that type of bollocks time and time again.

Unfortunately, your one of the Down supporters who probably want us to fail and no doubt when Dan McCartan gets his first taste of action you will be playing your nepotism card again.

Arsehole.

P.S - Anyone have a picture of the 1987 Down All Ireland Minor team. Need it ASAP.

Well said. Daniel is def. worth his place in the squad.

DownFanatic

Quote from: norabeag on December 01, 2009, 08:59:52 PM
When is asap
There is a good colour photo in RGU clubrooms I think

The next few days would be grand, tomorrow would be superb.

Also, anybody have pictures of the Red High's 1977 All Ireland B winning team and the St Malachys, Castlewellan, 1982 All Ireland Vocational Schools champs and the Down Junior team of 1946 that won the All Ireland JFC?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: The Worker on December 01, 2009, 09:01:01 PM

1 Ciaran Mc Govern.
2 Declan Rooney
3 James Mc Govern.
4 Kevin Mc Kernan.
5 Our Daniel?
6 AN OTHER?

Arsehole.

Time will tell weather he is good enough. He had a poor enough year for Burren but if he can rediscover his tight marking strengths from his QUB days then he will be an addition. Against us 3 times this year he strugged badly. I hope he delivers as the Down defence needs improvement. I really think Ross shouldnt have dropped Daniel after 2008 as he done ok. Maybe he lost confidence from this.

Eartotheground

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on December 01, 2009, 09:24:23 PM
Quote from: The Worker on December 01, 2009, 09:01:01 PM

1 Ciaran Mc Govern.
2 Declan Rooney
3 James Mc Govern.
4 Kevin Mc Kernan.
5 Our Daniel?
6 AN OTHER?

Arsehole.

Time will tell weather he is good enough. He had a poor enough year for Burren but if he can rediscover his tight marking strengths from his QUB days then he will be an addition. Against us 3 times this year he strugged badly. I hope he delivers as the Down defence needs improvement. I really think Ross shouldnt have dropped Daniel after 2008 as he done ok. Maybe he lost confidence from this.

In fairness the defence has been a real weak link this past 5years or so, why not give him a chance.... who are the kilcoo one's

Brick Tamlin

sorry if that came across as a pisstake or being a smart arse but i wasnt intending to be. im dead serious, I think Dan should be on the panel no quiestions asked.
Just dont go jumping down my f*ckin throat because i referred to him as Our Daniel.

By the way, im no arsehole.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on December 01, 2009, 10:47:53 PM
sorry if that came across as a pisstake or being a smart arse but i wasnt intending to be. im dead serious, I think Dan should be on the panel no quiestions asked.
Just dont go jumping down my f*ckin throat because i referred to him as Our Daniel.

By the way, im no arsehole.

Thats that cleared up then. Just try to be a bit more clear about your points. They can be easily misconstrued  ;D