we're here for a good time, not a long time

When We Win

Quote from: dundrumite on November 20, 2009, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 05:20:16 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on November 20, 2009, 04:35:09 PM
Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 03:09:32 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on November 20, 2009, 12:51:13 PM
Quote from: When We Win on November 20, 2009, 10:31:32 AM
How about a trip to the morgue and pick at random. Good luck finding someone in Down capable of running the country.Personally I wouldnt attack Mr Bell's committment but to run an organisation like a county board successfully you need to have some sense of corporate leadership. Is there no business men on in the county who wants to get away from the nagging wife that could run the county.

Seamus Walsh is a decent man too but this chairman needs to be someone dominant and forceful. I would vote for Barrak Ob.

Mary Mc Aleese is doing a good enough job, besides she has another two years in office.  :D

Barrack may be that dominant forceful figure but may have trouble convincing those in the "deep south" for votes. 

Indeed Fairplay, how do you make the chairman's job entertaining and a bit of craic ? Maybe the new "yawn" chairman could take a couple of these suggestions on board, Plant woopie cushions on members off the committee's seats, have them suck on helium balloons when discussing St Patrick's Park  ???. If you want some "yawn free" craic go to the empire comedy club and let the committee of this county try their best at running Down GAA.

Did I strike a raw nerve there Dundrumite? Lighten up and maybe get some comedy yourself in the Empire(wherever that is?)

Not a raw nerve, just ignorant posters that contribute mere sh@@e, without thinking about what they are writing need to be challenged. If you care to look at the two words after the Empire that should give you a rough indication as to what it is.
I didn't ask what it is,I asked wherever it is?

Touche, my bad. Its 40-42 Botanic Avenue Belfast.

After the whole 'Dirt-Gate' scandle a few posts back, I wonder how this comment managed to slip through without being noticed. It's a shocking term. Such bad england. Oops  ;D

maldini

Quote from: Leg End on November 22, 2009, 11:54:57 PM
did the 2nd division relegation playoffs not go ahead today

no shamrocks got the match put back a week as some of their players were on a weekend away in england

match is this sunday at 2 in ballykinlar

fairplay

Quote from: When We Win on November 23, 2009, 09:35:51 AM
How about a trip to the morgue and pick at random. Good luck finding someone in Down capable of running the country.Personally I wouldnt attack Mr Bell's committment but to run an organisation like a county board successfully you need to have some sense of corporate leadership. Is there no business men on in the county who wants to get away from the nagging wife that could run the county.

Seamus Walsh is a decent man too but this chairman needs to be someone dominant and forceful. I would vote for Barrak Ob.

Mary Mc Aleese is doing a good enough job, besides she has another two years in office.  :D

Barrack may be that dominant forceful figure but may have trouble convincing those in the "deep south" for votes. 

Indeed Fairplay, how do you make the chairman's job entertaining and a bit of craic ? Maybe the new "yawn" chairman could take a couple of these suggestions on board, Plant woopie cushions on members off the committee's seats, have them suck on helium balloons when discussing St Patrick's Park  ???. If you want some "yawn free" craic go to the empire comedy club and let the committee of this county try their best at running Down GAA.

Did I strike a raw nerve there Dundrumite? Lighten up and maybe get some comedy yourself in the Empire(wherever that is?)

Not a raw nerve, just ignorant posters that contribute mere sh@@e, without thinking about what they are writing need to be challenged. If you care to look at the two words after the Empire that should give you a rough indication as to what it is.

After the whole 'Dirt-Gate' scandle a few posts back, I wonder how this comment managed to slip through without being noticed. It's a shocking term. Such bad england. Oops  ;D

Shocking indeed.

dundrumite

Quote from: fairplay on November 23, 2009, 10:40:25 AM
Quote from: When We Win on November 23, 2009, 09:35:51 AM

Shocking indeed.

ooops, again my bad  :o

dundrumite

Quote from: maldini on November 23, 2009, 09:57:45 AM
Quote from: Leg End on November 22, 2009, 11:54:57 PM
did the 2nd division relegation playoffs not go ahead today

no shamrocks got the match put back a week as some of their players were on a weekend away in england

match is this sunday at 2 in ballykinlar

Was that a stag weekend? Might lend some more support to the conspiracy theory off a poster here, (NO1 maybe?).

No1

It is my opinion that Shamrocks have had more hurling and football fixtures postponed/cancelled/put on hold this season without a valid reason than any other club in the county.

If that makes me a conspiracy theorist then fair enough!

I'd love to know what they have on the county board.

The Ballyholland boys will agree that they are a horrible shower anyway.   ;D

When We Win

Why did Darragh Cross even accommodate the match being put back a week? I mean if half your team plays on county squads then z league game must still go on. Yet if half the team want to go on a piss-up to that England hole then the game is cancelled. Why?!? If i were on the fixtures panel and to save myself the grief, i would set the fixture and say to the teams the game has to be played, even if they both dont want to.
Its a case of the tail wagging the dog in Down because nothing the County Board do has any backbone or substance. There was a deadline date set for games to be played, not met. There was a byelaw set to govern the playoffs, screwed up there. A few boys want a holiday, no bother lads, sure play on Christmas Day.
I agree with No 1. A complete shower them Shamrocks. Just play the fricking game. The Ulster Final is on next week, maybe they will want to go and watch that then head to the outlet for a bit of Christmas shopping........

mournerambler

Quote from: When We Win on November 18, 2009, 04:50:46 PM
Spelling is the least of my worries. I have a job so i generally use this as a little bit of RnR. I dont sit with it open all day to register a new post. Sometimes, can you believe, i dont look at it for a few days at a time. The down side i suppose of having a life and a job  :) Actually these smilies are quite addictive. The spelling hasnt stopped you responding in the past anyway so it is just another wee complaint in your empty world. You better make sure every post you have ever made has perfect spelling as i intend to go through them all just to a pinnicikety c* n t houre  8)

Did you get paid off When We Win?
After two posts in the same working day from the 'neutral Darragh Cross supporter' who professes to having a life & a job (I'm also fortunate to have both despite your assumptions) this would appear to be the case & given your chastising of myself last week it does pay to practice what you preach!

DownFanatic

AMallon, could you check your PM please.

When We Win

Quote from: mournerambler on November 23, 2009, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: When We Win on November 18, 2009, 04:50:46 PM
Spelling is the least of my worries. I have a job so i generally use this as a little bit of RnR. I dont sit with it open all day to register a new post. Sometimes, can you believe, i dont look at it for a few days at a time. The down side i suppose of having a life and a job  :) Actually these smilies are quite addictive. The spelling hasnt stopped you responding in the past anyway so it is just another wee complaint in your empty world. You better make sure every post you have ever made has perfect spelling as i intend to go through them all just to a pinnicikety c* n t houre  8)

Did you get paid off When We Win?
After two posts in the same working day from the 'neutral Darragh Cross supporter' who professes to having a life & a job (I'm also fortunate to have both despite your assumptions) this would appear to be the case & given your chastising of myself last week it does pay to practice what you preach!

As i previously quoted your a right auld pernicikety sack. I would hardly rate my two previous posts as obsessive gaaboard stalking (my word for what your thinking). First post was this morning when i got into the office after a weekend of 'working for free' helping friends, and i thought i would just check out the craic of the weekend. Second post was during my lunch break after a two hour meeting. Some people say you are allowed to relax during this time and use it as you will. Bit different from your instant replies to messages. Maybe you have to much time on your hands hoovering the house!!! Is this board the only time your allowed to have an opinion in your life and the fact that its not verbal, it gives you the moral high ground of thinking your right.

As for the Darragh Cross bit, i have seen more carryduff games this year than Darragh games. In fact i have seen more St. Galls games being a previous club. None of my posts have been bias towards them. And given that i live in the area i think it does no harm to follow the club my kids will attend. Can i have permission to go to the next play of match. I might even have something to say about it if allowed!!!

I know what the rambler bit in your name stands for now. I originally though it was cause you liked walking on the mournes, but now i know its because you enjoy walking on them with the rambling of complete sh1te coming out.

Cant believe you wait impatiently to give of about my two posts and you just cant wait until a day comes when i do a few posts together that would make your comment worthwhile. Sorry about the spelling but if there is a three year old near you they will be able to explain the gist of this post!!! Pull yourself together you unhappy sod. Im heading home now. Hopefully you approve.

Where do we get them??? By the way your post doesnt read two well. The bit after the bracket seems to get lost in your thought trial. Back to the drawing board  8) (wee icon here for you)

mournerambler

When We Win, I quite enjoy the aggresiveness that you try to put across through your daft posts, to be honest I think you should have the name rambler integrated into your handle, i've never read as much sh-te & you have the balls to say that I am a 'rambler' on this board.
I look forward to another multiple paragraphed daft reply from you when your on lunch after another busy meeting.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: fairplay on November 22, 2009, 11:20:14 PM
    Looking at your own contributions on here  and you're not too bad at giving grief yourself along with a bit of sniping .

Outside of scandalous refereeing performances, I tend to refrain from criticising volunteer members of the association.

I'm sure you can of course bring up some posts to support your case...?
i usse an speelchekor

When We Win

Quote from: mournerambler on November 23, 2009, 07:11:40 PM
When We Win, I quite enjoy the aggresiveness that you try to put across through your daft posts, to be honest I think you should have the name rambler integrated into your handle, i've never read as much sh-te & you have the balls to say that I am a 'rambler' on this board.
I look forward to another multiple paragraphed daft reply from you when your on lunch after another busy meeting.

And he takes the bait blah blah blah. Dumbass.

Bitta-Banter

Quote from: No1 on November 23, 2009, 01:39:06 PM
It is my opinion that Shamrocks have had more hurling and football fixtures postponed/cancelled/put on hold this season without a valid reason than any other club in the county.

If that makes me a conspiracy theorist then fair enough!

I'd love to know what they have on the county board.

The Ballyholland boys will agree that they are a horrible shower anyway.   ;D

Match called off last sunday without Darragh Cross' permission. Reason given was that Shamrocks players were goin to the races in England.Not a club function or anything,just a day on the beer. Can anyone on here imagine ringing the county board and sayin you cant play that day because the players are goin on the piss?Also heard a rumour that Shamrocks couldn't play this week cos their players had to steward at ulster club final,haha