Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: When We Win on November 20, 2009, 10:31:32 AM
How about a trip to the morgue and pick at random. Good luck finding someone in Down capable of running the country.Personally I wouldnt attack Mr Bell's committment but to run an organisation like a county board successfully you need to have some sense of corporate leadership. Is there no business men on in the county who wants to get away from the nagging wife that could run the county.

Seamus Walsh is a decent man too but this chairman needs to be someone dominant and forceful. I would vote for Barrak Ob.

Mary Mc Aleese is doing a good enough job, besides she has another two years in office.  :D

Barrack may be that dominant forceful figure but may have trouble convincing those in the "deep south" for votes. 

Indeed Fairplay, how do you make the chairman's job entertaining and a bit of craic ? Maybe the new "yawn" chairman could take a couple of these suggestions on board, Plant woopie cushions on members off the committee's seats, have them suck on helium balloons when discussing St Patrick's Park  ???. If you want some "yawn free" craic go to the empire comedy club and let the committee of this county try their best at running Down GAA.

dundrumite

Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 03:09:32 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on November 20, 2009, 12:51:13 PM
How about a trip to the morgue and pick at random. Good luck finding someone in Down capable of running the country.Personally I wouldnt attack Mr Bell's committment but to run an organisation like a county board successfully you need to have some sense of corporate leadership. Is there no business men on in the county who wants to get away from the nagging wife that could run the county.

Seamus Walsh is a decent man too but this chairman needs to be someone dominant and forceful. I would vote for Barrak Ob.

Mary Mc Aleese is doing a good enough job, besides she has another two years in office.  :D

Barrack may be that dominant forceful figure but may have trouble convincing those in the "deep south" for votes. 

Indeed Fairplay, how do you make the chairman's job entertaining and a bit of craic ? Maybe the new "yawn" chairman could take a couple of these suggestions on board, Plant woopie cushions on members off the committee's seats, have them suck on helium balloons when discussing St Patrick's Park  ???. If you want some "yawn free" craic go to the empire comedy club and let the committee of this county try their best at running Down GAA.

Did I strike a raw nerve there Dundrumite? Lighten up and maybe get some comedy yourself in the Empire(wherever that is?)

Not a raw nerve, just ignorant posters that contribute mere sh@@e, without thinking about what they are writing need to be challenged. If you care to look at the two words after the Empire that should give you a rough indication as to what it is.

charlieTully

Quote from: dundrumite on November 20, 2009, 04:35:09 PM

Did I strike a raw nerve there Dundrumite? Lighten up and maybe get some comedy yourself in the Empire(wherever that is?)

Not a raw nerve, just ignorant posters that contribute mere sh@@e, without thinking about what they are writing need to be challenged. If you care to look at the two words after the Empire that should give you a rough indication as to what it is.

you are a real yawn dundrumshite. it has to be said. a real bore, i bet you were a prefect in school.

dundrumite

Quote from: charlieTully on November 20, 2009, 05:03:48 PM

you are a real yawn dundrumshite. it has to be said. a real bore, i bet you were a prefect in school.

Look I am not going to get drawn into a war of words with the president off the I love Stevie Parson fanclub. Perhaps when you have fully gone through puberty someday you will post something witty or enlightening or yawn free.

fairplay

I didn't ask what it is,I asked wherever it is?

dundrumite

Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 05:20:16 PM

Touche, my bad. Its 40-42 Botanic Avenue Belfast.

dundrumite

Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on November 20, 2009, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 05:20:16 PM

Touche, my bad. Its 40-42 Botanic Avenue Belfast.

I must pay it a visit some time I'm in the smoke for an evening.

Must say we have gone off on a real tangent here, but its actually a fookn great night out.

Brick Tamlin

conormac

Its well seen the season is over.  This thread has gone to pieces.  GAA board lads not a board to post pure thripe and slag each other off.

Any word on potential new county players?

fairplay

Quote from: conormac on November 20, 2009, 06:48:08 PM
Its well seen the season is over.  This thread has gone to pieces.  GAA board lads not a board to post pure thripe and slag each other off.

Any word on potential new county players?
Anybody in mind yourself?

Brick Tamlin

Good luck to former Warrenpoint footballer Daragh Mc Meel who lines out at full back for Charlestown Sarsfields of Mayo in the Connacht club championship final this sunday when they tackle Corofin of Galway. Match to be shown live on TG4.

mournerambler

Anybody got the result from tonight's match?

13aside

match in injury time Leitrim 5pts up-not quite over

13aside

Leitrim win by 6 and retain division1 status for 2010

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Gaelic Life should be good 2mro morning. A big interveiw with wee James in it.