Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6th sam

Quote from: When We Win on November 16, 2009, 12:41:34 PM
This isnt an personal attack on a player. I think in general he is a good footballer and with a bit of toning could be close to county panel but i see no pointin hiding the facts of what went on with the individual on the pitch. I could have went and watched the Loughinisland game but i chose this one as i heard they played two entertaining games earlier in the year. To say he knows he done wrong would be fine if he had accepted the the red card in the first instance. But he purposely walked some 15 yards to get involved with another player who had nothing to do with the first incident. Then he walked another 15 yards to another player who again had nothing to do with the incident to attack again. This was not in an instant. It was over about 40 seconds. To walk around in this manner is totally unacceptable. Where in the gaa does it say thuggary is accepted. People can get seriously hurt in this manner therefore you deserve to be named and shamed. From Charlie's post it doesnt seem this is a one of from him. Maybe he will sort his head out for next year.

As for the line, it is a comical addition to my post on an afterthought. It runs with the theme of I'm a celebrity which started last night and the Celebrity Bainstor obviously.

When other players were named on this forum for striking once, i didnt see anyone asking for the posts to be removed. My son was at the game with me and this is not the sort of imagery i want him seeing at a football match. Incidents like this should not be hiden.

There is disciplinary procedure to deal with anybody's indiscretions in the GAA,naming anybody in a derogratory manner is bang out of order-but I wouldn't suggest for one minute that we should ask for your cloak of anonymity to be removed-so that you could be named and shamed.I would merely suggest that you be careful about future personalised posts!

dundrumite

Quote from: When We Win on November 16, 2009, 09:47:05 AM
Went to watch the Glassdrumman match yesterday. Our celebrities were extremely poor and sluggish all over the park. It really was a case of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" for yourg C. Harrison. He runs the ball well for Glass usually but yesterday he never got a kick. And to wrap things up he resorted to a half assed headbutt attempt. After seeing red he went on a rampage throwing at lease another two misdirected punches whilst, as i can only assume,he lost his sense direction to the dug-outs. So to summarize he was pretty useless. His fighting was as useless as his overall play. If the referee report is worded right he should be having quite a good rest until his next match in Div. 3. No need for such behaviour in football especially since there was still plenty of time to get a result. He let his club down badly. Overall the game was not the most fluent but what else could you expect from football at this time of the year. The referee did very well and got most of the decission correct including the two reds to Glassdrumman.

In addition 2/3 of your post focuses on the same individual, whilst only affording one line to the actual game itself. Look not condoning violence here, and it is not something that children should be seeing at a game. However, to me your post seems like a personal attack. When individuals on a voluntary basis are giving up their time to play they don't need to be embarrassed by being branded useless on a set day or called a wa@@er on a world wide public forum( granted you didn't call him that).
Yes I got the comical sunesque line, too be fair I was cringing more than anything, but we are all different, with different tastes.

dundrumite

Quote from: charlieTully on November 16, 2009, 12:08:45 PM
Went to watch the Glassdrumman match yesterday. Our celebrities were extremely poor and sluggish all over the park. It really was a case of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" for yourg C. Harrison. He runs the ball well for Glass usually but yesterday he never got a kick. And to wrap things up he resorted to a half assed headbutt attempt. After seeing red he went on a rampage throwing at lease another two misdirected punches whilst, as i can only assume,he lost his sense direction to the dug-outs. So to summarize he was pretty useless. His fighting was as useless as his overall play. If the referee report is worded right he should be having quite a good rest until his next match in Div. 3. No need for such behaviour in football especially since there was still plenty of time to get a result. He let his club down badly. Overall the game was not the most fluent but what else could you expect from football at this time of the year. The referee did very well and got most of the decission correct including the two reds to Glassdrumman.

he is a total w..ker, when the main man stevie parsons held him scoreless in drumgath two years back he headbutted the umpire.

I think someone is developing a man crush  :-*

goldenyears

so does anyone know where that leaves promotion/relegation div1 & 2?

do shamrocks & d cross play off now? what about saval??

lfdown2

afaik a liatroim win v loughinisland this weekend leaves the other 2 down.

guevara

Quote from: dundrumite on November 16, 2009, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 16, 2009, 12:08:45 PM

he is a total w..ker, when the main man stevie parsons held him scoreless in drumgath two years back he headbutted the umpire.

I think someone is developing a man crush  :-*

A terrific footballer on his day, who I rate very highly but as some of the posters on here have alluded to already this isn't an isolated incident.
Whenever he tends not to have it his own way he resorts to indiscipline.
Against Warrenpoint a few years ago he done same wasnt getting decisions he wanted & was being held scoreless, then spat out the dummy & shouldve walked, although ref realised the game was over & let him off!

This thing crops up again & again in our game & its widespread because players know in GAA you can get away with a headbutt etc whereas in other sports it would be stamped out immeadiately.
Discipline procedures are in place but too often the culprits get away unpunished & to be honest its one of the issues in our game I detest!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Blue Island

Quote from: lfdown2 on November 16, 2009, 01:56:16 PM
afaik a liatroim win v loughinisland this weekend leaves the other 2 down.

You are correct. I am sure there was plenty of your boys at the match yesterday and they will hardly be trembling at the thought of playing us at the moment.

lfdown2

not sure, i know a few were at the kilcoo match, shocking results for ye's was surprised!

When We Win

Any game i am at from now on i will name a player who is resorting to thugery thus providing continuity through all my posts.

Starting with yesterday i would name the Glass no 13 who got sent off straight after. Two Darragh Cross players came close. One for a kick out and one for a high challange. These were early in the game and at this stage i didnt decide this would be a course of action i would need to take so no names or numbers there.

I'l compose a list and keep you all updated of Down's bad boys.

I just dont feel bad about my post now that i see other people making reference to similar incidents involving said individual who will be referred to as Mr X for discreationary reasons. No one can defend a player who throws out time again, and shows no remorse..... Why would this time be any different. I played hard as a footballer and was never known to pull out of a tackle but i never had to punch someone to get the better of them. If the outplayed me i shook hands after the game and said well done. I am sure the Cross player does no need me to defend him but he was there to play football and has another game to play next week, so how can he retaliate without suffering the same fate. I am sure if he wanted to box they could do this elsewhere on an even platform.

mournerambler

Quote from: When We Win on November 16, 2009, 06:03:06 PM
Any game i am at from now on i will name a player who is resorting to thugery thus providing continuity through all my posts.

Starting with yesterday i would name the Glass no 13 who got sent off straight after. Two Darragh Cross players came close. One for a kick out and one for a high challange. These were early in the game and at this stage i didnt decide this would be a course of action i would need to take so no names or numbers there.

I'l compose a list and keep you all updated of Down's bad boys.

I just dont feel bad about my post now that i see other people making reference to similar incidents involving said individual who will be referred to as Mr X for discreationary reasons.
No one can defend a player who throws out time again, and shows no remorse..... Why would this time be any different. I played hard as a footballer and was never known to pull out of a tackle but i never had to punch someone to get the better of them. If the outplayed me i shook hands after the game and said well done. I am sure the Cross player does no need me to defend him but he was there to play football and has another game to play next week, so how can he retaliate without suffering the same fate. I am sure if he wanted to box they could do this elsewhere on an even platform.

Take your head for a sh-te :D

In the Onion Bag

Take your head for a sh-te :D

Second that.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Thought that wee outburst may have started a discussion, something..like, who are the well-renowned hard men if you like, in Down club football?..not nessecarily bad boys/dirty players as such, (as we wouldnt want to single out players for negative reasons), just like the hard hitters..Any ideas? Im sure there is one in every club?

Statto-Gael

Anyone any ideas why the county website (downgaa.net) has ground to a halt in terms of news updates? Results are still being updated but no news changes since Nov 7th!

Banna Man

In my opinion the down website is crap take a look at other county websites and you will see.  :-[

13aside

Have the relegation issues been sorted out at the bottom of div.2 or is there still 1 game to go?