Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

Be interesting to see if there are any repercussions of his incompetence because at the end of the day if you or I made c-ck-ups in our professional careers I'd say our respective employers would quite rightly have something to say about it, why should he be any different than the ordinary five eigth on the street?

norabeag

Quote from: mournerambler on November 14, 2009, 06:57:24 PM
Be interesting to see if there are any repercussions of his incompetence because at the end of the day if you or I made c-ck-ups in our professional careers I'd say our respective employers would quite rightly have something to say about it, why should he be any different than the ordinary five eigth on the street?
He was not paid secretary then but was the paid county administrator at the time

Bitta-Banter

Division 2 relegation play-off in Ballykinlar:
Darragh Cross 2-9 Glasdrumman 1-7

DownFanatic

Glasdrumman are relegated to Division 3.

Saval hammered Loughinisland.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: CĂșig huaire on November 14, 2009, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: 13aside on November 14, 2009, 10:41:28 AM
Has Eamon McAneaney been appointed as senior team manager at the 'bridge for next year?

Yes Eamon McAneaney is to take over the reins next year at the bridge! I think he will be a good man for us! He's taking a wealth of experience to this job! As for Mid Down Gael saying the bridge are finished, think your way off the mark. Bridge still a very young team and a few more coming in! We will be back!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on November 15, 2009, 04:23:32 PM
Quote from: CĂșig huaire on November 14, 2009, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: 13aside on November 14, 2009, 10:41:28 AM
Has Eamon McAneaney been appointed as senior team manager at the 'bridge for next year?

Yes Eamon McAneaney is to take over the reins next year at the bridge! I think he will be a good man for us! He's taking a wealth of experience to this job! As for Mid Down Gael saying the bridge are finished, think your way off the mark. Bridge still a very young team and a few more coming in! We will be back!

Did i say yous where finished? quote me where i said that. All i gave was an opinion that yous were gonna loose in down sooner or later after so long at the top.

Lecale2

Down results. Are Loughinisland down?

ACFL Div 3 Relegation Play Off
Drumaness 0 14  St Pauls 1 05
Div 2 Final
An Riocht 1 14 Ballyholland 2 07
ACFL Div 1 Relegation Play Off
Loughinisland 0 07 Saval 1 13
ACFL Div 2 Relegation Play Off
Darragh Cross 2 09 Glasdrumman 1 07

When We Win

Went to watch the Glassdrumman match yesterday. Our celebrities were extremely poor and sluggish all over the park. It really was a case of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" for yourg C. Harrison. He runs the ball well for Glass usually but yesterday he never got a kick. And to wrap things up he resorted to a half assed headbutt attempt. After seeing red he went on a rampage throwing at lease another two misdirected punches whilst, as i can only assume,he lost his sense direction to the dug-outs. So to summarize he was pretty useless. His fighting was as useless as his overall play. If the referee report is worded right he should be having quite a good rest until his next match in Div. 3. No need for such behaviour in football especially since there was still plenty of time to get a result. He let his club down badly. Overall the game was not the most fluent but what else could you expect from football at this time of the year. The referee did very well and got most of the decission correct including the two reds to Glassdrumman.

thewanderer

mc aneaney with mayobridge that will cost them a small fortune. Do they really need to go outside the club if the players are good enough surely someone within could take them especially in this financial environment. ps he cant guarantee success ;)

imagine

Quote from: When We Win on November 16, 2009, 09:47:05 AM
Went to watch the Glassdrumman match yesterday. Our celebrities were extremely poor and sluggish all over the park. It really was a case of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" for yourg C. Harrison. He runs the ball well for Glass usually but yesterday he never got a kick. And to wrap things up he resorted to a half assed headbutt attempt. After seeing red he went on a rampage throwing at lease another two misdirected punches whilst, as i can only assume,he lost his sense direction to the dug-outs. So to summarize he was pretty useless. His fighting was as useless as his overall play. If the referee report is worded right he should be having quite a good rest until his next match in Div. 3. No need for such behaviour in football especially since there was still plenty of time to get a result. He let his club down badly. Overall the game was not the most fluent but what else could you expect from football at this time of the year. The referee did very well and got most of the decission correct including the two reds to Glassdrumman.
I suggest you edit this--the young fella I'm sure knows he did wrong but I don't see the need to personally attack him here.  East Down neutral?  Hardly.

maldini

Harrison deserves all he gets for acting a thug on the football field when his team were beaten.

he let his club down badly, derek davis wudnt hav stood for that sort of behaviour!

charlieTully

he is a total w..ker, when the main man stevie parsons held him scoreless in drumgath two years back he headbutted the umpire.

dundrumite

Answer me one question.... Why the need for such a nonsense line? :o
The post in general is extremely heavily weighted and very personal towards one named individual by somebody who is sitting behind a pseudonym. Would agree with imagine on this.

When We Win

This isnt an personal attack on a player. I think in general he is a good footballer and with a bit of toning could be close to county panel but i see no pointin hiding the facts of what went on with the individual on the pitch. I could have went and watched the Loughinisland game but i chose this one as i heard they played two entertaining games earlier in the year. To say he knows he done wrong would be fine if he had accepted the the red card in the first instance. But he purposely walked some 15 yards to get involved with another player who had nothing to do with the first incident. Then he walked another 15 yards to another player who again had nothing to do with the incident to attack again. This was not in an instant. It was over about 40 seconds. To walk around in this manner is totally unacceptable. Where in the gaa does it say thuggary is accepted. People can get seriously hurt in this manner therefore you deserve to be named and shamed. From Charlie's post it doesnt seem this is a one of from him. Maybe he will sort his head out for next year.

As for the line, it is a comical addition to my post on an afterthought. It runs with the theme of I'm a celebrity which started last night and the Celebrity Bainstor obviously.

When other players were named on this forum for striking once, i didnt see anyone asking for the posts to be removed. My son was at the game with me and this is not the sort of imagery i want him seeing at a football match. Incidents like this should not be hiden.