Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: goldenyears on November 09, 2009, 01:53:58 PM
lads surely this is wrong? can anyone clarify?

take div2 - shamrocks have now beaten glassd - that means glassd are relegated

shamrocks now play d cross in 1 off game to decide who stays up and who goes to div3 with carryduff and glassd

am i way off the mark? ???

Darragh Cross  Glasdrumman  Ballykinlar 15/11/2009 14:00 Peter Brannigan Relegation Play Off

See Maiden1's post above
Don't Panic

maldini

shamrocks now play d cross in 1 off game to decide who stays up and who goes to div3 with carryduff and glassd

if glassdrumman beat darragh on sunday then they will hav to hope darragh beat shamrocks the following week so all 3 teams will have 1 win each

if darragh win on sunday glassdrumman go down and the darragh shamrocks game will be a 1 off match to stay up

Maiden1

Quote from: maldini on November 09, 2009, 02:30:53 PM

if glassdrumman beat darragh on sunday then they will hav to hope darragh beat shamrocks the following week so all 3 teams will have 1 win each

if darragh win on sunday glassdrumman go down and the darragh shamrocks game will be a 1 off match to stay up

I don't think it is as simple as that.  If all 3 teams win 1 then scoring differences will come into it.

By my reckoning Teccoughaught are relegated from 3 even though they won 1 and lost 1 as there score difference is -4, irrespective of how the last match finishes up between Drumaness and St Paul's.  If Drumaess lose by less than 4 they will stay up.  If St Paul's win by 4 or more they will stay up.

As it stands

Played     Points   Score Difference
Drumaness          1             2           +5
Teccougnaught   2             2           - 4
St Paul's             1             0           - 1
There are no proofs, only opinions.

6th sam

Quote from: Maiden1 on November 09, 2009, 03:59:34 PM

I don't think it is as simple as that.  If all 3 teams win 1 then scoring differences will come into it.

By my reckoning Teccoughaught are relegated from 3 even though they won 1 and lost 1 as there score difference is -4, irrespective of how the last match finishes up between Drumaness and St Paul's.  If Drumaess lose by less than 4 they will stay up.  If St Paul's win by 4 or more they will stay up.

As it stands

To my knowledge,score difference in playoffs is irrelevant.This used to be the case but was changed maybe 5 years ago.

Maiden1

Quote from: 6th sam on November 09, 2009, 08:54:59 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on November 09, 2009, 03:59:34 PM

As it stands

To my knowledge,score difference in playoffs is irrelevant.This used to be the case but was changed maybe 5 years ago.

It wasn't changed in division 3 last year when Tecconaught stayed up on points difference.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

andunabu

[/quote]

Sorry 6th Sam.  Newry Bosco were relegated on points difference last year.  3 way playoffs DO NOT WORK!! 

Lecale2

QuoteConor Laverty struggling with a back injury

I'd say he's struggling with one of the worst beards I've ever seen!

DownFanatic

Any word on a starting date for the East Down U-13 League? It was supposed to start this Sunday I think.

I hope im proved wrong but I hope to f**k that they have graded this year's competition.

dundrumite

How did that minor league final go tonight?

kb

Just wondering has anyone heard of any managerial exits in any of the leagues as the season draws to a close?

razor

Burren beat Kilcoo by 4 points last night in the All-County Minor Football League Final last night.

DownFanatic

Quote from: kb on November 11, 2009, 02:34:26 PM
Just wondering has anyone heard of any managerial exits in any of the leagues as the season draws to a close?

I hear Bredagh are unsure whether or not they will keep Kevin Blaney on.

;) ;)  ;)

down6061689194

St.Pauls & Tecconaught down.

Drumaness won by 6 or 7.

Some great frees from Donal Kennedy got Drumaness through. Late goal put Stpauls 1-3 to 7 up at HT.

StPauls didnt score into the wind 2nd half and drumaness pulled away.

CĂșig huaire

Will tomorrow nights game between Ballyholland and An Riocht go ahead with the amount of rain we are having ?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

down6061689194

Pitch was grand tonight. Bit rough towards the end.