Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Anyone know of any new lads called up for the county/trials?!

No1

Ciaran Sloan and Ricky Kerr from Kilclief nominated for trials as far as I know.

6th sam

Quote from: No1 on November 04, 2009, 11:36:49 AM
Ciaran Sloan and Ricky Kerr from Kilclief nominated for trials as far as I know.

Two great players,No.1,have proved on their quality on many occasions,Kilclief's performances this season,have obviously been noticed.What about D.Ritchie,always thought he was a quality defender ,with loads of pace and bravery,is he not worth a trial?

5 Sams

Quote from: No1 on November 04, 2009, 11:36:49 AM

Is that the guy that scored from everywhere against us when youse beat us down there No 1 or was that Ricky....whoever it was it was a mganificent display of shooting from all angles.
The Aristocrat Years

No1

That's our Rosie alright 5 Sams (not to be confused with the man mountain who used to do goals for Rostrevor)!

Whether or not they show up for trials is a different matter, big stag on this weekend!

6th Sam, Donie is injured at the minute so he wouldn't do himself any justice.  He'd be perfect for a trial match though, never parts with the f**king thing!!

thewobbler

No.1, do you fellas have a stag every weekend?

Donegal Danny

Lads what is the weather like up around Newry? If this weather keeps up do you think the Marshes will be fit for a game on Sunday? Will the Intermediate game be played before? If newry isn't fit what and where is plan B. Is Newcastle the second county ground? How do you feel about moving the game to Armagh since it was fit for  games last sunday?

Cúig huaire

Weather is fine at the minute, though there has been a lot of rain since Sunday. If it stays dry from now to Sunday it should be ok, if not then it could well be Newcastle. I prefer Newcastle, better pitch and it can take a lot more rain. Though Newry has improved a lot since it was relaid.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

5 Sams

Quote from: Cúig huaire on November 04, 2009, 01:43:21 PM
Weather is fine at the minute, though there has been a lot of rain since Sunday. If it stays dry from now to Sunday it should be ok, if not then it could well be Newcastle. I prefer Newcastle, better pitch and it can take a lot more rain. Though Newry has improved a lot since it was relaid.

We played in Newcastle a fortnight ago and in Newry a week before that again...the two pitches don't compare Cuig.....Newry is far and away the best surface I have seen in years......ok Newcastle might handle more water but no pitch would have survived last weekends monsoon.
The Aristocrat Years

Cúig huaire

I have to admit I havent played on Newry since it was redone  ;) but in my day it was an awful pitch. I wasnt aware than Ballyholland had a Masters team  ;D

No1

QuoteNo.1, do you fellas have a stag every weekend?

:D

Feels like it sometimes right nuff! 

This is the first one in years that hasn't clashed with a fixture.

5 Sams

Quote from: Cúig huaire on November 04, 2009, 02:11:48 PM
I have to admit I havent played on Newry since it was redone  ;) but in my day it was an awful pitch. I wasnt aware than Ballyholland had a Masters team  ;D
:D :D

Oh alright then...from the sideline it looks the part....
The Aristocrat Years

Cúig huaire

I thought maybe you were back playing again. Ballyhollands secret weapon. Marty Clarke wouldnt get a sniff.

Is anyone going to this book launch in St Colmans this evening. I got tickets in the post yesterday but know nothing about it.

cokers

Quote from: No1 on November 04, 2009, 02:20:09 PM
QuoteNo.1, do you fellas have a stag every weekend?

:D

Feels like it sometimes right nuff! 

This is the first one in years that hasn't clashed with a fixture.

Whos stag is it Elvis? Chins by any chance?

No1

QuoteWhos stag is it Elvis? Chins by any chance?

That's the one Fat Hair.  You'll be missing a clinker, 50 going at the last count.  :o

I'll have a couple of ice cold bottles of Harp in your honour!!