Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Down All County Football League Final - OFF

The Down All County Football League Final between Bryansford and Mayobridge fixed for tonight has been called off tonight due the pitch in Newry being unplayable due to the heavy rainfall over the last number of hours.

orangeman

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on October 30, 2009, 02:19:07 PM
An Riocht won by virtue of them being expected to win.

National newspapers were covering the event to get a photo of Marty Clarke in action and lifting the trophy so to facilitate this and get some good PR for a while the County Board arranged a sham game. An Riocht duly defeated a Shamrocks U-14 team (who were training at the time) dressed up in Ballyholland look a like jerseys provided by Sean Og, and presented the trophy after 5 minutes of action to the great satisfaction of everyone in the world.

What ????????????

T O Hare

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 30, 2009, 04:59:15 PM

The Down All County Football League Final between Bryansford and Mayobridge fixed for tonight has been called off tonight due the pitch in Newry being unplayable due to the heavy rainfall over the last number of hours.

Newry cant be that bad!!!! Think of the conditions Mayobridge played Kilcoo in!!!!! Can our county ground not hold a game after a few hours of rain!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: T O Hare on October 30, 2009, 05:38:35 PM

Newry cant be that bad!!!! Think of the conditions Mayobridge played Kilcoo in!!!!! Can our county ground not hold a game after a few hours of rain!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say its off due to the fact their is an ulster club double header on sunday planned for newry and fear off tonigts game ruining the pitch for this. I thought the bridge would be happy for it to be off after the memories off the Kilcoo game in Hilltown which should never have went ahead.

T O Hare

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 30, 2009, 05:50:36 PM

I would say its off due to the fact their is an ulster club double header on sunday planned for newry and fear off tonigts game ruining the pitch for this. I thought the bridge would be happy for it to be off after the memories off the Kilcoo game in Hilltown which should never have went ahead.

Its not raining now !!!! I am more pissed off as i booked a holiday to Eygpt on Thursday.. Was booked so i would not miss a game!!!! Hope the games on five fm :)

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: T O Hare on October 30, 2009, 05:56:27 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 30, 2009, 05:50:36 PM

Its not raining now !!!! I am more pissed off as i booked a holiday to Eygpt on Thursday.. Was booked so i would not miss a game!!!! Hope the games on five fm :)

Thats disapointing. I thought it could have been switched to Burren before cancelling it or even the possibility off playing the ballymartin v cookstown game on sunday in Burren or Saval avoiding the need for a double header. Was lookin forward to a good game tonight myself.

Cúig huaire

The rain hasnt been that bad, could they not have moved the game?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 30, 2009, 06:08:00 PM

Pitch failed an inspection at 4.30pm. When will the rematch be - Benny will be away next weekend with Ulster - midweek and toss for venue if Newry needs protected.

T O Hare

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 30, 2009, 11:31:31 PM

Pitch failed an inspection at 4.30pm. When will the rematch be - Benny will be away next weekend with Ulster - midweek and toss for venue if Newry needs protected.

I don't think a division one final should be played mid-week!!!! Leave it to the following Friday ;) ;)

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T O Hare on October 31, 2009, 12:22:15 PM

I don't think a division one final should be played mid-week!!!! Leave it to the following Friday ;) ;)

Confirmed - Next Friday 8.30pm in Newry - how will they cope without you Tommy ::)

waitingforsam

Drumgath beating Glenn in Div 3 promotion semi 2-17 to 0 -09

less than 10 mins left, remarkable scoreline

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on October 30, 2009, 09:42:20 AM
CCC decisions following meeting on Wed 28th
ACFL Div 3 League Final
Fri Nov 6th Pairc Esler 7 00
Tulylish v Drumgath/Glenn(E O Hare)
ACFL Division 1 Relegation PlayOff
Fri Nov 6th  Pairc Esler 8 30
Liatroim v Saval(G Corrigan)
Sunday Nov 8th
Rostrevor 2 00
Shamrocks v Glasdrumman(G Tumelty)
ACFL Div 2 Final
Thurs Nov 12th Pairc Esler 7 30
An Riocht v Ballyholland(D Moore)

EXTRA TIME OF 10 Mins EACH WAY WILL BE PLAYED IN THE EVENT OF A DRAW IN ANY OF ABOVE GAMES
Been waiting since '94

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: messy gael on October 31, 2009, 04:21:50 PM
Drumgath 2 - 18     Glenn   0 - 11

Drumgath where very impressive. Jack Lynch, Colm Maginn, Mark Connelly, Packie Downey, Peter Hynes and Stephen Parsons where excellent. How Parsons was not on Down minor team this year i will never no. A classy young player. Downey was the man of the match with 5 or 6 great scores from play and great workrate at centre half.

T O Hare

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 31, 2009, 02:25:28 PM

Confirmed - Next Friday 8.30pm in Newry - how will they cope without you Tommy ::)

I really don't know how they will?? :) The advantage is with you's now :D

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

I agree!;)