Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cúig huaire

Quote from: mournerambler on October 27, 2009, 10:27:55 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 16, 2009, 04:02:41 PM
Quote from: When We Win on October 16, 2009, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: mournerambler on October 15, 2009, 09:39:49 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 15, 2009, 01:00:08 PM
Down County Board have received planning permission on the proposed new home of Bryansford GAC.
This will be interesting.

Are you sure about that spirit, I thought it still had to go to the next council meeting?

Yeah, I think the groups decision has to be ratified by the council meeting but either way its looking like they are going to have a bloody nice set up in a couple of years.

Council should be a formality as there is no objections on file and all the stumbling blocks have been overcome ;D

If this weeks Mourne Observer is anything to go by, it would appear that Mr Wells & Mr Poots have other ideas on this, which to be honest is out & out bigotry of the highest order & they need to be exposed in every possible way for the bigots that they are.

This gets a mention in todays Irish News. Planning permission is now "on hold" thanks to Wells and Poots. The SDLP are describing it as "democracy by SMS".  Wells now says that the PSNI traffic branch are objecting.
Could someone with access to the Irish News online post the article.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

islandboy

Anyone heard how the ccc meeting went last night on the balls up over the relegation play offs in div 1 and 2?

maldini

i heard that shamrocks and glassdrumman are not replaying this sunday and it'll be sunday 8th instead with the losers to play darragh cross on the 15th

i wud assume its the same with the saval-liatroim match

theyre making a balls-up of the whole thing

islandboy

yeah i just heard the liatroin/saval game is fixed for the same day but they are refusing to play. at this time of the year its a disaster. it all may end up with none of the three teams being relegated- which would suit us obviously

norabeag

I thought I read earlier in the thread that the BHolland /An Riocht game is down for Thursday 12th.
I see Good Ole Matt in the Irish News has been doing a preview for it as if it is on tonight
He's getting worse. His ramblings in the Recorder are shocking

Blue Island

The county board hierarchy must really looking forward to the end of this year. The debacle with Pete McGrath, whilst not as bad as Armagh's is em barrising to say the least. The County chairman now publicly saying he preferred Pete, is a Pontius Pilate act if every there was one. His publicly expressed views will hardly endear himself to the new management team.

It seems the situation with regards to the selection process could have been handled better and McGrath deserved better, but he would have retained much more sympathy if he was to hold his Counsel. He was very good at measuring his words whilst he was manager and that was a great strength that he had, but his constant reports to the press are in danger of making it look like he is more annoyed that he just did not get the job, rather than being annoyed at the process.

The county board now also have to fix the shambles of the relegation battle in divsion one and two. Liatroim and Saval have stated they are not playing in any forced replay. It will be interesting to see if any team turns up on Sunday. Division two may follow suit. If this goes to appeal, which is a distinct possibility, there is two possible outcomes. One, there will be no relegation playoffs or alternatively, Saval and Liatroim will be forced to replay. Considering such an appeal process could take a while, we now have the possibility of playing football some time circa Christmas. Groan.

Mid Down Gael

If Brendan Rice had have stopped giving Liatroim handy frees and playing 4 minutes injury time to help them salvage a draw then there would have been no problem. Danny Hughes was fouled all day with no protection from Rice yet Liatroim lay down and where awarded easy frees.

johnneycool

Quote from: Blue Island on October 29, 2009, 03:10:24 PM
The County chairman now publicly saying he preferred Pete, is a Pontius Pilate act if every there was one. His publicly expressed views will hardly endear himself to the new management team.

Sure what would he know anyway!!

[/quote]

The county board now also have to fix the shambles of the relegation battle in divsion one and two. Liatroim and Saval have stated they are not playing in any forced replay. It will be interesting to see if any team turns up on Sunday. Division two may follow suit. If this goes to appeal, which is a distinct possibility, there is two possible outcomes. One, there will be no relegation playoffs or alternatively, Saval and Liatroim will be forced to replay. Considering such an appeal process could take a while, we now have the possibility of playing football some time circa Christmas. Groan.
[/quote]

Maybe Liatroim would fit in a hurling game this weekend as they've about four or five games outstanding.

Cúig huaire

According to todays Irish News, Ballyholland play An Riocht tonight. I wonder will they send a reporter to cover the game?  ::)
Its not like they dont read this board.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

lfdown2

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 29, 2009, 03:22:37 PM
If Brendan Rice had have stopped giving Liatroim handy frees and playing 4 minutes injury time to help them salvage a draw then there would have been no problem. Danny Hughes was fouled all day with no protection from Rice yet Liatroim lay down and where awarded easy frees.

Let you go the last time you came out with this shite but persisting with it is just sad, dont think he was particularily good for either side and in the second half saval had quite a few 'injuries'. hughes was well marked and didnt hear much complaining from the saval crowd!

Bitta-Banter

Quote from: norabeag on October 29, 2009, 02:38:36 PM
I thought I read earlier in the thread that the BHolland /An Riocht game is down for Thursday 12th.
I see Good Ole Matt in the Irish News has been doing a preview for it as if it is on tonight
He's getting worse. His ramblings in the Recorder are shocking

He will be givin out next week in the recorder that nobody informed him the game was off.I see the An Riocht defence is 'sound' and Ballyholland are a "well balanced" outfit.Classic Matt.For years there he said the Down defence was "sound" too.

Maiden1

Quote from: islandboy on October 29, 2009, 01:57:10 PM
yeah i just heard the liatroin/saval game is fixed for the same day but they are refusing to play. at this time of the year its a disaster. it all may end up with none of the three teams being relegated- which would suit us obviously

That's bollox, I don't agree with this new thing where teams look through the rule books for any technicality to avoid the playoffs, if a mistake is made in good faith (e.g. in this case the ref did not know to play extra time) then the teams involved should come to an agreement and just replay the matches.  This could drag on for months now if this ends up going to court.  I think there should be a rule in the county where if there is any ambiguity about a rule then a committee comes to a decision and that is the end of it.  Drumgath a couple of years back avoiding the relegation playoffs on a technicality, and there has been a few county footballers get off from a suspension because the ref had the wrong colour pen (I made that bit up), I know it is important to the teams involved but it is still a game of football.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Maiden1 on October 29, 2009, 04:47:21 PM
Quote from: islandboy on October 29, 2009, 01:57:10 PM

That's bollox, I don't agree with this new thing where teams look through the rule books for any technicality to avoid the playoffs, if a mistake is made in good faith (e.g. in this case the ref did not know to play extra time) then the teams involved should come to an agreement and just replay the matches.  This could drag on for months now if this ends up going to court.  I think there should be a rule in the county where if there is any ambiguity about a rule then a committee comes to a decision and that is the end of it.  Drumgath a couple of years back avoiding the relegation playoffs on a technicality, and there has been a few county footballers get off from a suspension because the ref had the wrong colour pen (I made that bit up), I know it is important to the teams involved but it is still a game of football.

Very well said. And in reality these teams are always close to relegation especially Liatroim who hang on by skin off their teeth every year. So all 3 teams should get on with it starting on sunday and forget about mistakes and technacalitys.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: lfdown2 on October 29, 2009, 03:54:07 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 29, 2009, 03:22:37 PM

Let you go the last time you came out with this shite but persisting with it is just sad, dont think he was particularily good for either side and in the second half saval had quite a few 'injuries'. hughes was well marked and didnt hear much complaining from the saval crowd!

You mustened have seen the Saval management teams reaction then i guess. It even resulted in one off their selectors being kicked by a fontenoy official.

mournerambler

Was just thinking of all those who have won All-Irelands with the county & not got the same amount of 'fame' that others have, we've all read so much & rightly so about the Paddy Mo's, Sean O'Neills, Greg Blaney's & Micky Linden's etc over the years, now it's time to pick those who havn't been talked of as much as the others.
Here's my selection

1.Eddie McKay
2.George Lavery
3.Brian Burns
4.Pat Rice
5.Eamon Burns
6.Willie Doyle
7.Kevin O'Neill
8.Barry Breen
9.Jarleth Carey
10.Ross Carr
11.James McCartan (snr)