Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: dodgy umpire on October 20, 2009, 04:46:39 PM
st.pauls, havent been on in a while so apologies for late response. i was merely repeating what i had been told from a st.pauls man, i was not out to stir the pot.

no worries mate!! i suppose i am just touchy after the way the season has panned out, and to be honest, i couldn't blame the manager if he moved on the way we have played in some games this season.  :'(

Square Ball

Prediction league

a big thanks to Umpire for running this again this year and well done to Bacon for winning it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tomorrow is another day

anyone know when and where the Darragh Cross v Downpatrick game is on this week?

Lecale2

Quote from: Square Ball on October 20, 2009, 05:32:10 PM
Prediction league

a big thanks to Umpire for running this again this year and well done to Bacon for winning it

Yeah fair play to you Umpire. There was a load of work involved in that.

Trevor Hill

Prediction league

X2

souljaboy

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on October 20, 2009, 07:57:08 PM
anyone know when and where the Darragh Cross v Downpatrick game is on this week?

Thursday in downpatrick
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

In the Onion Bag

Anyone got tonight's U16 Final Result?  Com'on Kilcoo.

umpire

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 20, 2009, 08:55:34 PM
Prediction league

Thank you. its was fun.

16 entered in prediction league last year.
64 this time around.

umpire

Prediction League,

Paul Welsh, Sport Editor of Newry Reporter will contact the top five leaders  Bacon, DownFanatic, Mid Down Gael, off the laces and thewobbler by PM

Don't get too excited,

I will take this opportunely to congratulate the top five leaders, and also to all contestants who took part in this competition, yep we all do better next year!!

Once again, i like to thank Paul Welsh for his kind offer in providing the prizes

off the laces

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 20, 2009, 08:55:34 PM
Prediction league

yeah well done umpire and will look forward to next year already.
Keeps 'er' straight

Donegal Danny

What about Kilcoo how are their preparations going for Ulster, i know St Eunan's are training hard and putting in a big effort. Heard the Kilcoo captain was carried off near the end against Ulster on Monday night.Michael Murphy was the star of the show scoring 1-4 before being rested for the 2 half.

razor

Quote: Anyone got tonight's U16 Final Result?  Com'on Kilcoo.

Kilcoo Under 16's got well beat last night by Burren.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Donegal Danny on October 21, 2009, 10:25:13 AM
What about Kilcoo how are their preparations going for Ulster, i know St Eunan's are training hard and putting in a big effort. Heard the Kilcoo captain was carried off near the end against Ulster on Monday night.Michael Murphy was the star of the show scoring 1-4 before being rested for the 2 half.

Yeah we lost our influential captain to an ankle injury which looks like will end his season. Team playing well in Down but last 3 games against Saval, Warrenpoint and Castlewellan have been no benefit as the opposition in each case have been poor. Had a good workout against the provinces finest stars on Monday night though. Letterkenny will pose a mighty test but with a bit off luck we will not be far away and hopefully gain our first taste off glory in Ulster.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 20, 2009, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on October 20, 2009, 04:46:39 PM
st.pauls, havent been on in a while so apologies for late response. i was merely repeating what i had been told from a st.pauls man, i was not out to stir the pot.

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 20, 2009, 02:55:49 PM
Quote from: supersub on October 20, 2009, 02:40:06 PM
Is it true that the u21/20 competition in down starts next week? Anyone know the format this year?

Also congrats to the two down girls who got camogie all stars this week!

An absolutely pointless competition in my eyes. Entry fee is astronomical and most teams only get two games.

The last thing players in this age group want to be doing now is training for a competition that will inevitably stretch out to the end of January.

if they didnt want to play they wouldnt. a good competition that allows those who want to play football at this time of year to do so, and give them some preparation for joining the seniors later on

Most of the fellas in this age group don't want to play. Thats why the majority of clubs in the county don't field teams in it and why around half the teams in this year's competition will be amalgamations which will probably rely on Minor players to makeup the bulk of their squads.

Most players in the U18 - U20 bracket are coming off a season where they will have played in at least two grades of the following: Senior, Premier Reserve and Reserve football. A good few players will also be involved in Ulster and Down playoff campaigns not to mention a lock of lads who will be trialing and playing for Fresher teams and Ryan Cup teams.

And lest we not forget the Minors who have been going since the tail end of 2008 with their colleges, who have been playing with their Minors all year and in some cases had runouts or extended game time with their Seniors and Reserves.

i accept what your saying but while lads are turning out to train and play (which they are or there would be no competition) then they should be given the opportunity to. Boys playing on freshers teams are training twice a week and have ample time to play u20s with all their free time, surely more beneficial than sitting in the bot ?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

conormac

Hello there folks - having been reading the down pages for quite a while now but have never posted anything before.  So here it go's.  I am living in England and love to read about the goings on back home, especially but the local football.  A question for A.Mallon or Bridge Lad, would it be possible to write up a report on the kingdom and bridge friendly on Thursday evening.  Am interested to see how we fair out aganist a division 1 team