Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I hear Hoops beat Atticall 6 to 4. It's in Downpatrick's hands now. If they beat Darragh Cross, they're in the promotion spots.

John Martin

Glenn were beaten by 10points by moville today in the Ulster Junior Championship.
Any results from division 3 yet?

gaaaddict

St Johns & Ardglass drew
Tullylish beat Teconnaught
Drumaness beat St Pauls

John Martin

Cheers addict. Not what I wanted to hear but it'll have to do.

5 Sams

2nd div play off semi is in Newcastle next Sunday at 3pm. Harps will play Downpatrick if they beat Darragh Cross on Thurs night...if they dont it will be Kilclief.
The Aristocrat Years

Long Ball

Castlewellan beat Kilcoo in the RFC today- 1-06 to 1-05. Should have been by at least 10 more but 21 wides from the Town shows their domination but innacuracy. Time for the Red (Grey) Devlin to call it a day by the way
Drive yer boot in her!!

Blue Island

Quote from: mournerambler on October 17, 2009, 10:30:50 PM
Have to agree with you there rosskarr, Bryansford have been taken by the hand throughout this process, I think it's time for the County Board to realise that Bryansford are taking the p-ss out of them & that the County Board should buy out the remainder of Bryansford's contract which i'd guess isn't big rent.
At the end of the day a first Division club that doesn't own their own ground in the year 2009 shows, in my view a serious lack of ambition or maybe even laziness within that club, without showing disrespect to the Bright club who I think are 2nd from bottom of Division 4, they have a setup that a lot of clubs would be proud of mainly due to the drive, foresight & ambition of the committee & it's members.
It's time for Bryansford to stand on their own two feet & if that means a move to Donard Park then so be it

How is Bryansford taking the piss? Maybe they are,I don't know, but what is the Ford's crime? You appear to know something many of us do not. Its seems to me they invested a lot of money in St Patrick's park and were "cajoled" into moving outside the town. At the time I thought it was a disastrous decision, because teams with a big town influence are better served having grounds in the town and not out of sight and out of mind.

I believe many in Bryansford were of the same opinion and reluctantly agreed to move. It seems to me that they are being made scape goats here for economic matters beyond their control. If memory serves me right, this whole move/idea had nothing to do with the Ford.

behind the wire

Quote from: Long Ball on October 18, 2009, 08:45:16 PM
Castlewellan beat Kilcoo in the RFC today- 1-06 to 1-05. Should have been by at least 10 more but 21 wides from the Town shows their domination but innacuracy. Time for the Red (Grey) Devlin to call it a day by the way

Is the red devlin paul devlin's father?

An Riocht beat clann na banna by 19 points. with the fixture practically meaningless it was played like a friendly, no bookings, in fact there wasnt even a bad tackle in the game (apart from when marty clarke forgot he was back playing gaa and dragged a clann player down by the waist. the whole crowd and players burst out laughing)

An Riocht were without Brendan McVeigh and John Clarke, damage would probably have been much greater if clarke had been playing. marty clarke scored about 7 points but never looked like getting out of 2nd gear. he never wasted a ball. looking forward to seeing him in a down jersey soon.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

mournerambler

Quote from: Blue Island on October 18, 2009, 09:14:11 PM
Have to agree with you there rosskarr, Bryansford have been taken by the hand throughout this process, I think it's time for the County Board to realise that Bryansford are taking the p-ss out of them & that the County Board should buy out the remainder of Bryansford's contract which i'd guess isn't big rent.
At the end of the day a first Division club that doesn't own their own ground in the year 2009 shows, in my view a serious lack of ambition or maybe even laziness within that club, without showing disrespect to the Bright club who I think are 2nd from bottom of Division 4, they have a setup that a lot of clubs would be proud of mainly due to the drive, foresight & ambition of the committee & it's members.
It's time for Bryansford to stand on their own two feet & if that means a move to Donard Park then so be it

How is Bryansford taking the piss? Maybe they are,I don't know, but what is the Ford's crime? You appear to know something many of us do not. Its seems to me they invested a lot of money in St Patrick's park and were "cajoled" into moving outside the town. At the time I thought it was a disastrous decision, because teams with a big town influence are better served having grounds in the town and not out of sight and out of mind.

I believe many in Bryansford were of the same opinion and reluctantly agreed to move. It seems to me that they are being made scape goats here for economic matters beyond their control. If memory serves me right, this whole move/idea had nothing to do with the Ford.

One example of this would be the fact that they never owned a pitch of their own but were tenants of a ground belonging to the CB which I would say is set in about 6 acres with one pitch & they now want three pitches set in 16 acres????

gorm agus bui

Quote from: mournerambler on October 18, 2009, 09:46:42 PM

One example of this would be the fact that they never owned a pitch of their own but were tenants of a ground belonging to the CB which I would say is set in about 6 acres with one pitch & they now want three pitches set in 16 acres????
and then increasing the monthly rental they get from Co Board from £1k to £2k amonth for gym facilities apparently

mournerambler

It's not for gym facilities, it's for the use of a hall, the CB own the equipment & Bryansford also make use of it.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: mournerambler on October 18, 2009, 09:54:12 PM
It's not for gym facilities, it's for the use of a hall, the CB own the equipment & Bryansford also make use of it.
Was trying to be gentle on them ;)

mournerambler

Quote from: wobbller on October 18, 2009, 10:01:23 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on October 18, 2009, 09:46:42 PM

Word has it that the reason for the rent increase is down to  the fact that Pete Mc Grath was asked to do an interview for the Down job,which he apparently did. He then doesn't get the job and Bryansford behave by throwing the toys out of the pram in support of their current manager.
   We'v really got no equal when it comes to the pure sh.t that goes on.

That would explain their no show in the 'Parade of Clubs' on County Finals day then, how bloody childish of them if the Pete McGrath story is true.

Blue Island

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was owned by the Annesley family and not the county board and Bryansford were joint tenants. Perhaps spirit can enlighten us.

An Cloch Scoilte

Thurs 22nd 7 30
ACFL Div 2
Darragh Cross v Downpatrick(J Killen)
Fri 23rd Oct 7 30 Pairc Esler
Div 1 Semi Final
Bryansford v Kilcoo(C Brannigan)
Sat  24th Oct 4 00
ACFL Div 2
Annaclone v Ballymartin(D Moore)
ACFL Div 3
Glenn v Dundrum(D Kearns)
Sun 25th Oct 3 00
ACFL Div 1 Relegation Play Off
Clonduff
Liatroim v Saval(B Rice)
ACFL Div 2 Relegation Play Off
Rostrevor
Shamrocks v Glasdrumman(L Smith)
ACFL Div 3 Relegation Play Off
Loughinisland
Drumaness v Teconnaught(G Brannigan)
ACFL Div 2 Semi Final 5 00
Newcastle
Ballyholland v Downpatrick/Kilclief(G Corrigan)