Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Down County Board have received planning permission on the proposed new home of Bryansford GAC.
This will be interesting.

stpauls

for anyone that is interested, though i doubt there won't be to many, see below for the Div 3 Relegation playoff draw:

Relegation Playoffs Div 1 2 & 3  Sun 25th Oct   Sun 1st  & Sun 8th Nov

Div 3 Relegation Draws made tonight as follows

Teconnaught v Drumaness Oct 25th
St Pauls v Loser Game 1 Nov 1st
St Pauls v Winner Game 1 Nov 8th

Times and venues confirmed later

Minus15

st pauls what happens in the event of a draw in the first game?

gorm agus bui

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on October 15, 2009, 10:48:06 AM
When do Darragh Cross play Downpatrick?
Next Wednesday I have heard, but that is after the agreed date for the end of the leagues so according to bye law the league positions on Sunday shouldstand as final.

dundrumite

Quote from: stpauls on October 15, 2009, 01:03:02 PM
for anyone that is interested, though i doubt there won't be to many, see below for the Div 3 Relegation playoff draw:

i was under the impression it was Teconnaught v Drumaness with the winner safe, and the loser playing Drumaness with that loser getting relegated?

Tomorrow is another day

Quote from: gorm agus bui on October 15, 2009, 01:14:08 PM
Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on October 15, 2009, 10:48:06 AM
Next Wednesday I have heard, but that is after the agreed date for the end of the leagues so according to bye law the league positions on Sunday shouldstand as final.

Thats mad!!!!

Because the outcome of that game determines who finishes 3rd!!! Surely not

stpauls

Quote from: Minus15 on October 15, 2009, 01:11:35 PM
st pauls what happens in the event of a draw in the first game?

no idea Minus, i would presume it is classed as a draw, ie 1 point. the team who finishes top of the mini league are the team that stays up!! so if there is 2 teams level at the end of the 3 games, i would say they would have a winner takes all game to stay up.

Tomorrow is another day

According to the Hoops Website the 3rd place question could be held over until Wed 21st Oct if they win on Sunday.....  Heres what it says..

The next few weeks sees a very tense yet interesting situation.
There are many permutations possible in the melting pot that is Division 2.
The only things that are definite so far are that An Riocht and Ballyholland are in the play off positions whilst Carryduff are automatically relegated.Also in the play off for relegation are Shamrocks and Glassdrumman
The Hoops have their fate in their own hands. Win their two remaining games and they grab the final play off spot.
However if they lose them they may end up in relegation play offs
First up is a home fixture against promotion chasing rivals Attical on Sunday 18th.
On Wednesday 21st RGU play Darragh Cross at a neutral venue but likely to be Newcastle due to the necessity to get the game played irrespective of it being a home game for Darragh

No1

QuotePosted by: Tomorrow is another day 
Insert Quote
Quote from: gorm agus bui on Today at 01:14:08 PM
Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on Today at 10:48:06 AM

Thats mad!!!!

Because the outcome of that game determines who finishes 3rd!!! Surely not

That can't happen, it's unfair to all of the other teams who can make third spot.

As far as I am aware:

An Riocht are in the final, Ballyholland play the third placed team for the other spot in the final and the winner of the final is the only team to get promoted.  Top three teams all play senior championship next year.

Is that all correct?

stpauls

Quote from: dundrumite on October 15, 2009, 01:16:55 PM
Quote from: stpauls on October 15, 2009, 01:03:02 PM

i was under the impression it was Teconnaught v Drumaness with the winner safe, and the loser playing Drumaness with that loser getting relegated?

dundrumite, see below for the email we got from Sean Rooney on the procedure:

It is a round robin situation say for example the team that loses the first game loses the second game then they would be down. Then the two winners play and the loser of that would go down also as that would be then end of the round robin series, but they is the simple scenario maybe not work as easy as that. In the round robin situation you get two points for a win and one for a draw we will have to see how it develops.
Sean O Ruanaidh

see also the official ruling in the bye-laws:

The teams that finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the bottom of Divisions 1, 2 and 3 after the ordinary round stages will play off with 2 of these 3 teams also being relegated in this year. (A draw will be made for the 1st play-off game and the loser of this game will play the 3rd team.)"

minus, this also confirms my theory above!!

Tomorrow is another day

No. 1  - the Wed 21st game is lunacy by the county board - storing up a massive issue for themselves

Say you guys win on Sat - giving you 24 points and Downpatrick win v Attical giving them 22 then does their game on Wed count or not as they are outside the cut off date

6th sam

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on October 15, 2009, 02:23:56 PM
No. 1  - the Wed 21st game is lunacy by the county board - storing up a massive issue for themselves

Say you guys win on Sat - giving you 24 points and Downpatrick win v Attical giving them 22 then does their game on Wed count or not as they are outside the cut off date

There was a precedent set for this before,I can't remember the exact details ,but I think we had to play 4 games in 10 days prior to the cut-off point,including a 6pm friday throw in at the far end of the county,followed by a Sunday morning throw-in.The county board allowed us no leeway at all.We happened to win all four games,scraping into the playoffs, much to the shock of the county board.I can understand No.1's frustration,as all final matches should be simultaneous to ensure fairness.In view of Darragh's IFC final,the RGU match couldn't have been played until this week,but shouldn't have been allowed to go into next week.

No1

There is absolutely no reason why the game couldn't be played tomorrow night. 

It would be unfair on the RGU right nuff but f**k them anyway!  :D

DownFanatic

League table for O Neills Down SFL Division 3

Team P W L D P+ P- P+/- Pts

Tullylish  21 15 3 3 338 234 104 33
--------------------------------------------------
Glenn  21 16 3 2 309 215 94 33
Drumgath  21 14 5 2 260 235 25 30
---------------------------------------------------
Dundrum  21 11 6 4 297 232 65 26
Bredagh  21 12 8 1 312 235 77 25
St Johns  21 11 7 3 259 257 2 25
Ardglass  21 9 9 3 296 248 48 20
Saul  21 8 10 3 243 278 -35 19
---------------------------------------------------------
Teconnaught  21 7 12 2 215 227 -12 16
St Pauls  21 5 14 2 222 318 -96 12
Drumaness  21 4 16 1 237 301 -64 9
--------------------------------------------------------
Aghaderg  21 1 20 0 160 368 -208 2

Remaining Fixtures:

Round 22:
Ardglass  - - St Johns   
Glenn  - - Dundrum - Off as Glenn play in Ulster JFC on Sunday
Drumaness  - - St Pauls   
Bredagh  - - Drumgath   
Teconnaught  - - Tullylish     
Saul  - - Aghaderg 

Blue Island

Quote from: stpauls on October 15, 2009, 02:16:56 PM

see also the official ruling in the bye-laws:

The teams that finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the bottom of Divisions 1, 2 and 3 after the ordinary round stages will play off with 2 of these 3 teams also being relegated in this year. (A draw will be made for the 1st play-off game and the loser of this game will play the 3rd team.)"

minus, this also confirms my theory above!!

On reflection, I am sure the county board would have preferred to have the winner of the first game playing the 3rd team, rather than the loser. If the winner of the first game won the second game against the 3rd team, the relegation playoffs would be over in two games. As it is we now have a scenario where at least three games are required. Surely common sense can prevail. Obviously, if you do not abide by the bylaws possible appeals arise, but could the three teams involved not agree to a rule amendment.

Hopefully so, playoffs are a bleeding curse at this time of the year.