Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: Dubh driocht on October 11, 2009, 08:18:26 PM
Bredagh and Kilcoo had a hard-fought draw today in the All County Minor league.After the demolition job Kilcoo did on the 'Point last week and a heavy defeat that Bredagh shipped in Mayobridge in the first round of the ACML, this was a superb Bredagh performance, considering they rested their 4 key under 16s in advance of Wednesday night's replay between the same teams in the ACU16 s/f.It took a last minute point from Darragh O'Hanlon to rescue the Magpies and leaves the group interesting. It is very strange that Bredagh had no representation on the minor panel as there were at least 6 players today who should have been there.

To completely understand your point you'd need to have the names of the six players that were on the panel that shouldn't have been to allow your six a place.

DownFanatic

Ive the bunting up, the kerbs painted, the flags on the gable walls and the sheep decorated as I prepare to become the first ever man to retain the Down Championships Prediction League  ;D

wobbller

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 13, 2009, 12:13:56 PM
Ive the bunting up, the kerbs painted, the flags on the gable walls and the sheep decorated as I prepare to become the first ever man to retain the Down Championships Prediction League  ;D

Never mind the fame and the plaudits that will surely come your way.Did you make any money at the Bookies with your predictions?

DownFanatic

Quote from: wobbller on October 13, 2009, 12:26:13 PM

Never mind the fame and the plaudits that will surely come your way.Did you make any money at the Bookies with your predictions?

In a word - no.

wobbller

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 13, 2009, 12:52:39 PM
Quote from: wobbller on October 13, 2009, 12:26:13 PM

In a word - no.

Oh dear!  Maybe next year.

Cúig huaire

Any news on the managerial merry-go-round for 2010? Who is going where, who is staying put?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Mid Down Gael

Division 1 result from last night in Newry

Kilcoo 2-16 Saval 0-6.

amallon

Sorry lads our camera man couldn't make the Junior and Int finals so we won't have highlights.

Mid Down - What were the celebrations like in Kilcoo?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 13, 2009, 10:43:25 PM
Any news on the managerial merry-go-round for 2010? Who is going where, who is staying put?

heard there is to be a change at st.pauls
The Boys in Red and Black are back

CHB1

Bit of news going about that Frank Dawson is interested in taking Mayobridge next year.  Dont know how true this is though. 

Has anyone else heard this?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: amallon on October 14, 2009, 10:12:36 AM
Sorry lads our camera man couldn't make the Junior and Int finals so we won't have highlights.

Mid Down - What were the celebrations like in Kilcoo?

Absolutly wild. It went on well into the week with few men not out to work until Thursday while some made a week off it in the pubs. It was a great week for us and you would have thought drink was going out off fashion. Its a great feeling winning a county senior championship as you know to well. 

CHB1

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 14, 2009, 09:36:38 AM

Kilcoo 2-16 Saval 0-6.

Some result for Kilcoo last night.  Who showed up well last night Mid Down?

stpauls

Quote from: dodgy umpire on October 14, 2009, 10:38:00 AM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 13, 2009, 10:43:25 PM

heard there is to be a change at st.pauls

that is the first i heard of it!! you would probably be best waiting until you know more before making statements like that, or at least waiting until the season is actually over!!

NedFlanders

Rumour has it theres to be a few changes. Dawson leaving the stone (No Supprise), and the chance of a new Mayobridge manager?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: CHB1 on October 14, 2009, 11:41:43 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 14, 2009, 09:36:38 AM

Kilcoo 2-16 Saval 0-6.

Some result for Kilcoo last night.  Who showed up well last night Mid Down?

Just a good all round team performance with Conor Laverty, Paul Greenan and Anthony Devlin particulary outstanding. We where without Aidan Brannigan while Nial Morgan, Barry Kane and Brian OHanlon where rested.