Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 02, 2009, 02:22:50 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 02, 2009, 01:22:52 PM
I just want to wish Kilcoo the best fo luck for the SFC on Sunday. Id say most of the county will be cheering them on.

The radical rewamp of their structures during the mid 90's is now finally starting to come to fruition at Senior level.

It is remarkable that they have already won an U-16 All County title and that they have made Minor and Reserve deciders as well as the Senior one.

My only concern for the Magpies is their mental strength. So many times in the past they have choked when all expected them to prevail.

I hope McCorry has addressed this and come Sunday evening they will produce the goods.

Thanks very much Down Fanatic. Hope we can do it. Motivation for this one wont be a problem as our love for loughinisland is similar to your own.  :)

why the lack of love for loughinisland mid?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: lfdown2 on October 02, 2009, 03:27:46 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 02, 2009, 02:22:50 PM
I just want to wish Kilcoo the best fo luck for the SFC on Sunday. Id say most of the county will be cheering them on.

The radical rewamp of their structures during the mid 90's is now finally starting to come to fruition at Senior level.

It is remarkable that they have already won an U-16 All County title and that they have made Minor and Reserve deciders as well as the Senior one.

My only concern for the Magpies is their mental strength. So many times in the past they have choked when all expected them to prevail.

I hope McCorry has addressed this and come Sunday evening they will produce the goods.

Thanks very much Down Fanatic. Hope we can do it. Motivation for this one wont be a problem as our love for loughinisland is similar to your own.  :)

why the lack of love for loughinisland mid?

Few incidents in games in recent years have caused it. Id rather not elaborate any further.

6th sam

Similarly,I have great admiration and respect for the magpies,they have superb footballers in every position.I am very envious of their collective work ethic and their success at all levels.

As a fellow East Down man,however,I don't share your antipathy towards Loughinisland.They have a tiny population,but have a GAA ethos unmatched by any other clubs in their area,and have always produced great footballers for county teams.

Both clubs are to be admired for getting to this stage.The novel pairing,the East Down rivalry,the chance to see past,current and future Down stars in action,plus the GAA125 spectacle ,should make it a great day out on Sunday.I rarely miss a county final,but to be honest this particular match up couldn't be more attractive.Looking forward to a cracking final!

fitzroyalty

Pangurban

Minus15

Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughinisland.

Intermediate Football
Ballymartin v Darragh Cross

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght

Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint

Premier Reserve Football (4 teams still left, choose one to win outright)
Mayobridge, Burren, Ballyholland or Clonduff

Reserve Football
Kilcoo v Castlewellan

13aside

what a lot of drivel 6th sam everybody knows that the 'island don't care where they trawl their players from.....

Long Ball

Paddy O'Rouke is the new Armagh manager- Thank God!!! Let's hope he makes as big a mess of them as he did of us!
Drive yer boot in her!!

Long Ball

Paddy O'Rourke is the new Armagh manager- Thank God!!! Let's hope he makes as big a mess of them as he did of us!
Drive yer boot in her!!

Square Ball

Quote from: Long Ball on October 02, 2009, 09:03:42 PM
Paddy O'Rouke is the new Armagh manager- Thank God!!! Let's hope he makes as big a mess of them as he did of us!

that came out of the blue, never heard his name mentioned
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Long Ball

He was short listed and Pete wasn't!
Drive yer boot in her!!

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: Minus15 on October 02, 2009, 07:09:52 PM
Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughisland.
Intermediate Football

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght

Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint

Reserve Football
Kilcoo v Castlewellan

Long Ball

Drive yer boot in her!!

Bitta-Banter

Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughinisland.

Intermediate Football

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght

Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint

Reserve Football
Kilcoo v Castlewellan

tirnaog