Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

QuoteWe play there tommorrow night No 1!!! What way is the pitch in bad shape... whats the lights like???

Lights are grand. 

Pitch is very hard and bobbly and the rain made it treacherous (Harpo was taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg after a collision).

Definitely mouldies and don't bounce the f**king ball!

True Blue

Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughinisland.

Intermediate Football
Ballymartin v Darragh Cross

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght

Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint

Premier Reserve Football (4 teams still left, choose one to win outright)
Mayobridge, Burren, Ballyholland or Clonduff

Reserve Football
Kilcoo V Castlewellan

glad im not the only 1 opting for the point in the minors. (2 of us)
i maybe looking through my blue glasses on this one but im hoping im gone before the senior match starts and away down the road celebrating what will be a surprise victory to say the least. i have saw kilcoo minors this year earlier in the championship and they impressed me immensley but im hoping they think this one is in the bag, just as mayobridge carryduff and burren did in the previous rounds against us.

we may not have the star studded players as kilcoo have but what star names we lack we do make up in team work. heres hoping that kilcoo dont white wash the whole year.
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

islandboy

SFC  Kilcoo v LOUGHINISLAND

IFC BALLYMARTIN v Darragh Cross

JFC GLENN v Teconnaught

MFC KILCOO v Warrenpoint

PRFC MAYOBRIDGE

RFC KILCOO v Castlewellan

Long Ball

Harpo has a double fracture of his right leg and is still in the Royal. A complete accident from what I hear from a collision with a Kilclief player.
Not the first time he has broke bones on the Newcastle pitch either!
Drive yer boot in her!!

Dannymcfella

Quote from: T O Hare on October 01, 2009, 01:38:58 PM
Quote from: Long Ball on October 01, 2009, 01:30:50 PM
The Newcastle pitch is by no means the worst I've played on this season-I played on it at the weekend- it was hard and a bit bare round the goals. in other places the grass was slightly long but still very playable

mouldies then???

Tom your that good you could play in flippers!

dundrumite

Quote from: county colours on October 01, 2009, 12:52:30 PM
Imagine that will be kept close to respective teams chests. Certainly anyone from either club with inside info posting on this needs shot. 
Very good odds on Loughinisland, certainly worth a punt as they seem to be coming good at the right time.
Noticed Kilcoo taking up four odd pages in the Mourne Observor and have drew plenty of attention in taking the scalps of the top three clubs (league wise anyway), whilst Louginisland almost unnoticed have crept into the final and have very little exposure in the local media.
I hope I am wrong as I have a lot of respect for what Kilcoo have achieved at underage level and as a club on the whole but there could be a Possible ambush on the cards.

Have u not seen this weeks down recorder! The island r all over it and not a mention of the magpies!
[/quote]

Credit crunch, only buy one Similar reading in both ( or so I thought  :o). Well thats my theory blew out of the water  ;D

mournerambler

Quote from: dundrumite on October 01, 2009, 06:22:31 PM
Imagine that will be kept close to respective teams chests. Certainly anyone from either club with inside info posting on this needs shot. 
Very good odds on Loughinisland, certainly worth a punt as they seem to be coming good at the right time.
Noticed Kilcoo taking up four odd pages in the Mourne Observor and have drew plenty of attention in taking the scalps of the top three clubs (league wise anyway), whilst Louginisland almost unnoticed have crept into the final and have very little exposure in the local media.
I hope I am wrong as I have a lot of respect for what Kilcoo have achieved at underage level and as a club on the whole but there could be a Possible ambush on the cards.

Have u not seen this weeks down recorder! The island r all over it and not a mention of the magpies!

Credit crunch, only buy one Similar reading in both ( or so I thought  :o). Well thats my theory blew out of the water  ;D
[/quote]

I'd say it's not the first time you've been blew out dundrumite! ;D ;D

marsbarkid

Quote from: Mourne Rover on September 30, 2009, 11:13:26 PM
SFC  KILCOO v Loughinisland

IFC BALLYMARTIN v Darragh Cross

JFC GLENN v Teconnaught

MFC KILCOO v Warrenpoint

PRFC MAYOBRIDGE

RFC Kilcoo v CASTLEWELLAN

Cheers Umpire

Johnnie99

Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughinisland.

Intermediate Football

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght

Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint

Reserve Football
Kilcoo v Castlewellan

dundrumite

Quote from: mournerambler on October 01, 2009, 09:03:13 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on October 01, 2009, 06:22:31 PM

I'd say it's not the first time you've been blew out dundrumite! ;D ;D
[/quote]

They really need to invent a giving the fingers type smiley  :D

In the Onion Bag

Konw I am not in this competition but here's what I think.

Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughinisland.  Against all form but, in finals, tradition still counts.

Intermediate Football
Ballymartin v Darragh Cross.  Com'on Sth Down

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght.  Gelnn too strong but I'll be rooting for the Anacloy lads.

Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint.  Kilcoo, too much quality and organisation in their outfit 

Mayobridge, Burren, Ballyholland or Clonduff.

Reserve Football
Kilcoo v Castlewellan. Same as for the minors game.

mournerambler

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on October 02, 2009, 12:27:05 AM
Konw I am not in this competition but here's what I think.

Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughinisland.  Against all form but, in finals, tradition still counts.

Intermediate Football
Ballymartin v Darragh Cross.  Com'on Sth Down

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght.  Gelnn too strong but I'll be rooting for the Anacloy lads.
Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint.  Kilcoo, too much quality and organisation in their outfit 

Mayobridge, Burren, Ballyholland or Clonduff.

Reserve Football
Kilcoo v Castlewellan. Same as for the minors game.

Slight contradiction of yourself there In the Onion Bag ???

Statto-Gael

Senior Football
Kilcoo v Loughinisland.

Intermediate Football

Junior Football
Glenn v Teconnaght

Minor Football
Kilcoo v Warrenpoint

Reserve Football
Kilcoo v Castlewellan

DownFanatic

I just want to wish Kilcoo the best fo luck for the SFC on Sunday. Id say most of the county will be cheering them on.

The radical rewamp of their structures during the mid 90's is now finally starting to come to fruition at Senior level.

It is remarkable that they have already won an U-16 All County title and that they have made Minor and Reserve deciders as well as the Senior one.

My only concern for the Magpies is their mental strength. So many times in the past they have choked when all expected them to prevail.

I hope McCorry has addressed this and come Sunday evening they will produce the goods.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 02, 2009, 01:22:52 PM
I just want to wish Kilcoo the best fo luck for the SFC on Sunday. Id say most of the county will be cheering them on.

The radical rewamp of their structures during the mid 90's is now finally starting to come to fruition at Senior level.

It is remarkable that they have already won an U-16 All County title and that they have made Minor and Reserve deciders as well as the Senior one.

My only concern for the Magpies is their mental strength. So many times in the past they have choked when all expected them to prevail.

I hope McCorry has addressed this and come Sunday evening they will produce the goods.

Thanks very much Down Fanatic. Hope we can do it. Motivation for this one wont be a problem as our love for loughinisland is similar to your own.  :)