Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I'm glad to hear that no.1.

Probably the only time you boys will ever be glad to hear yis have to be in Newry for a 7pm throw-in.

No1

Too right wobbs, we might even head to Friar Tucks for a pre match meal!

The only thing is, now I have no excuse if we get beaten!!

dundrumite

Quote from: No1 on September 02, 2009, 09:59:35 AM
Too right wobbs, we might even head to Friar Tucks for a pre match meal!

The only thing is, now I have no excuse if we get beaten!!

NO 1 how do yous play on a big open pitch? Seen yous play on Dundrum quite often, which may as well be your second home. Our tight pitch seems to suit yous as your results have shown over the last number of years.

No1

Big pitch suits us OK, it gives Kerr and Sloan plenty of room to do a bit of damage (although you wouldn't think it from recent results in Newry, RGU etc)!

6th sam

Quote from: No1 on September 02, 2009, 09:37:43 AM
QuoteAround a Pound Intermediate Football Championship
Pairc Esler Friday 11th Sept 7 00
Kilclief v Darragh Cross
Ref:B Rice
Linesmen:N Cousins & A Grant

That is fantastic news for Kilclief.  Our full back gets married on Saturday 12th.  We were convinced we'd get a Saturday fixture!!

Yes,and it frees the lads up for the Bobby Dalzell fixture on the Saturday ;)

D4S

Quote from: 6th sam on September 02, 2009, 12:54:00 PM
Kilclief v Darragh Cross

That is fantastic news for Kilclief.  Our full back gets married on Saturday 12th.  We were convinced we'd get a Saturday fixture!!

I wonder if she'll let him play the night before the wedding...she'd be fairly givin out if he got injured! ::)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

THE DADGA

Quote from: downexile1 on September 01, 2009, 10:11:52 PM
Quote from: THE DADGA on September 01, 2009, 01:18:52 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 31, 2009, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: LooK_To_ThE_FuTuRE on August 31, 2009, 08:57:37 PM
carryduff senior hurlers' first game in the betsy gray cup on wednesday.... carryduff to stun ballyvarley and come out on top by 5pts.

If they play the way they did in the first half v Warrenpoint in the JHC they have every chance!
if i had to put money on it i would say carryduff will beat ballyvarley: as i said about the game against castlewellan their players just dont have the pace to stick with even an en experienced carryduff side, especially on a big field! Carryduff to win handy enough.

dadga you seem to have it in for ballyvarley ,,any reason for this??????????????????????
Ach well i wouldn say i have it in for them., personally i think they've did quite well this year compared to previous years! However, beatin severely poor Ards 3rd's teams and weakened inland teams doesnt warrant much praise. As the championship shown!

johnneycool

Quote from: D4S on September 02, 2009, 02:02:36 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on September 02, 2009, 12:54:00 PM
Kilclief v Darragh Cross

I wonder if she'll let him play the night before the wedding...she'd be fairly givin out if he got injured! ::)

He'll be better wearing the Micro hurling helmet to protect the good looks.

RedDragon

Quote from: THE DADGA on September 02, 2009, 02:12:38 PM
carryduff senior hurlers' first game in the betsy gray cup on wednesday.... carryduff to stun ballyvarley and come out on top by 5pts.

If they play the way they did in the first half v Warrenpoint in the JHC they have every chance!
if i had to put money on it i would say carryduff will beat ballyvarley: as i said about the game against castlewellan their players just dont have the pace to stick with even an en experienced carryduff side, especially on a big field! Carryduff to win handy enough.

dadga you seem to have it in for ballyvarley ,,any reason for this??????????????????????
Ach well i wouldn say i have it in for them., personally i think they've did quite well this year compared to previous years! However, beatin severely poor Ards 3rd's teams and weakened inland teams doesnt warrant much praise. As the championship shown!

i see a lot of people talking very negatively about Ballyvarley on this site recently and as a Ballyvarley man i cant see why other people would not like to see us do well. after all, its not like we have the rivalry at this side of the water that the Ards teams have!!!!

I do agree that we do suffer from having a generaly slow team though we do have about 4 boys who could keep with the fastest people in the county any day of the week, unfortunatley these lads have been more or less unavailable all year or having been playing there best. but if they would have been right come championship things would have been alot different!!!

good luck to carryduff tonite and i hope Ballyvarle can win handy  enough

niveaformen

Loughinisland beat Liatrom last night. Mickey Curran refeering, was a disaster

THE DADGA

Quote from: RedDragon on September 02, 2009, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: THE DADGA on September 02, 2009, 02:12:38 PM

i see a lot of people talking very negatively about Ballyvarley on this site recently and as a Ballyvarley man i cant see why other people would not like to see us do well. after all, its not like we have the rivalry at this side of the water that the Ards teams have!!!!

I do agree that we do suffer from having a generaly slow team though we do have about 4 boys who could keep with the fastest people in the county any day of the week, unfortunatley these lads have been more or less unavailable all year or having been playing there best. but if they would have been right come championship things would have been alot different!!!

good luck to carryduff tonite and i hope Ballyvarle can win handy  enough
Red Dragon. I would go as far as to say i know the majority of the ballyvarley boys well enough. Who are these four boys that can stick with anyone, and why have they not been playing this year???

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 01, 2009, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on September 01, 2009, 10:13:37 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on September 01, 2009, 10:00:06 PM
St. Johns certainly flying and beating the top team twice in a season is certainly no mean feat.
Bryansford beat Clonduff 2-12 to 2-08

Strange season, we beat them twice  ::) go figure

Very odd season for Bredagh. You's have made the playoffs the past two years and I definitely thought that Bredagh would have been the team to make a real stab at the playoffs this year again.

That was a bad defeat at home to Saul. Whats happened the squad Square Ball? I see that a lot of young lads have made the step up. Maybe just a case of inexperience?

No idea what happened DF, they were up for it, the better team won so no excuses offered
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

umpire

1997 Senior football final
(Possible finalist in 2009)
Burren 2.10 Clonduff 0.12

Burren team
Gary Walsh
Brendan McKernan, Joe Magee, Ronan McGovern;
Leo Magee, Ciaran Doyle, Garnett McFerran;
Sean Ward, Gavin Murdock;
Paul McGovern, John Treanor, Rory Mussen;
Jimmy McAlinden, Tom Fegan, Aidan McGivern;

Clonduff
Johnny McAleavey;
Paul McConville, Paul Shields, Martin McAvoy;
Eugene O'Hagan, Paul McShane, Tony Wilson;
John Morgan, Plunkett McConville;
Jayme Farrell, Ross Carr, Paudie Matthews;
Shane Ward, Daniel McPolin, Sean Curran

Previous meetings of Down Senor football semi finalists

Burren 0.10 Kilcoo 2.5

Burren team
Mark Rocks;
Ronan McGivern, Ciaran Doyle?, Brain Murphy;
Aidan McGivern, Ciaran Byrne, Ronan McGovern 0.1;
Sean Ward,  Gavin Murdock 0.3;
Eoin McCartan, Brendan McKernan,  J. McGovern 0.1;
Paudie Bradley 0.2, James McCartan 0.2, PJ McAlinden 0.1;
Subs used
John Treanor, Declan Rooney and Chris McGovern.

James Kane;
Kevin Morgan 0.1, Aidan Brannigan, Brian O'Hanlon;
Conor Morgan, Sean O'Hanlon, Gerard McAvoy;
Terry O'Hanlon, Dominic McAvoy 0.1;
Anthony Devlin, Emmett Devlin, Mark Brannigan 1.3
Conor Lavery, Martin Johnstone, Gary McAvoy 1.0;
Subs used
Donal Kane, Barry Morgan, Niall McAvoy and Jerome Johnstone

dundrumite

Quote from: umpire on September 02, 2009, 11:38:23 PM
1997 Senior football final
(Possible finalist in 2009)
Burren 2.10 Clonduff 0.12

Burren team
Gary Walsh
Brendan McKernan, Joe Magee, Ronan McGovern;
Leo Magee, Ciaran Doyle, Garnett McFerran;
Sean Ward, Gavin Murdock;
Paul McGovern, John Treanor, Rory Mussen;
Jimmy McAlinden, Tom Fegan, Aidan McGivern;

Clonduff
Johnny McAleavey;
Paul McConville, Paul Shields, Martin McAvoy;
Eugene O'Hagan, Paul McShane, Tony Wilson;
John Morgan, Plunkett McConville;
Jayme Farrell, Ross Carr, Paudie Matthews;
Shane Ward, Daniel McPolin, Sean Curran

Previous meetings of Down Senor football semi finalists

Burren 0.10 Kilcoo 2.5

Burren team
Mark Rocks;
Ronan McGivern, Ciaran Doyle?, Brain Murphy;
Aidan McGivern, Ciaran Byrne, Ronan McGovern 0.1;
Sean Ward,  Gavin Murdock 0.3;
Eoin McCartan, Brendan McKernan,  J. McGovern 0.1;
Paudie Bradley 0.2, James McCartan 0.2, PJ McAlinden 0.1;
Subs used
John Treanor, Declan Rooney and Chris McGovern.

James Kane;
Kevin Morgan 0.1, Aidan Brannigan, Brian O'Hanlon;
Conor Morgan, Sean O'Hanlon, Gerard McAvoy;
Terry O'Hanlon, Dominic McAvoy 0.1;
Anthony Devlin, Emmett Devlin, Mark Brannigan 1.3
Conor Lavery, Martin Johnstone, Gary McAvoy 1.0;
Subs used
Donal Kane, Barry Morgan, Niall McAvoy and Jerome Johnstone

Is Mark Brannigan the guy that transfered to Drumgath?There definitely was a Brannagain that transfered but not sure if it was Mark. As my da would say he was a good un, if it the same fella I am talking about.

No1

I am making no more comments on our full back as he is an animal and I'd prefer to keep my limbs intact!!  His wife to be has three brothers on the squad so I'd say she is under severe pressure to let him line out!

Anyone got any idea when the Reserve Championship semi finals are scheduled for or even what the draw is?