Darragh Cross v Downpatrick

Junior Football
Ballykinlar v Teconnaught
Aghaderg v St Pauls
Bright v Dromara
St John Bosco v Glenn

gorm agus bui

Quote from: thewobbler on August 17, 2009, 11:24:32 PM
Any foul mouthedness from Kilclief's support in round one was both understandable and acceptable, for after all it was the Shamrocks they were playing.

Seriously though, Kilclief's support are not a patch on the likes of Longstone or Downpatrick for aggression and foul mouthedness. At most clubs there are just a couple of indviduals responsible for most of the bad name, but not there.
What you basing this on Wobbler?
Is there history between you and RGU.Dont find them as bad as a few of your neighbours.
In fairness to Kilclief there was not much foul language from them on Friday. Dumbstruck more like I hear.
Some of the mates were telling me that Kilclief came in with ghetto blaster booming from the changing rooms, barged their way into a group of DPK players warming up and then played like a U 12 girls team.

No1

QuoteIn fairness to Kilclief there was not much foul language from them on Friday. Dumbstruck more like I hear.
Some of the mates were telling me that Kilclief came in with ghetto blaster booming from the changing rooms, barged their way into a group of DPK players warming up and then played like a U 12 girls team.

That would be a fair enough summary.  Congratulations to your club on a fine victory.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: No1 on August 18, 2009, 08:53:03 PM
QuoteIn fairness to Kilclief there was not much foul language from them on Friday. Dumbstruck more like I hear.

That would be a fair enough summary.  Congratulations to your club on a fine victory.
We actually got hammered on Friday for the record

No1

Fair enough, know the feeling!   ;D

Attical V Kilclief in the IFC has been changed to Tuesday night in Dundrum. 

I assume to give our dual players an extra couple of days after tomorrow nights hurling game.

umpire

Miss Mess,

Nearly all your selection are in bold.
Please try again.

Dundroma

Your last 2 selections are all in bold
Bright v Dromara
St John Bosco v Glenn.

stiff breeze

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 18, 2009, 08:55:37 AM
Hardly a robust tackle umpire, more like an act of dirt by a burren team that had set out to do one thing that day, take cathal digney out of the game. watch the game this friday night no doubt they'll be tryin to do the same again.

I doubt they will try the same this friday night, cathal digney hung up the boots years ago!

mournerambler

Quote from: stiff breeze on August 18, 2009, 11:44:26 PM
Hardly a robust tackle umpire, more like an act of dirt by a burren team that had set out to do one thing that day, take cathal digney out of the game. watch the game this friday night no doubt they'll be tryin to do the same again.

I doubt they will try the same this friday night, cathal digney hung up the boots years ago!

Very good stiff breeze  ;D ;D ;D

meatsy86

pretty smart eh? ya know wat i meant like!!!

stiff breeze

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 19, 2009, 12:44:10 AM

pretty smart eh? ya know wat i meant like!!!

Maybe they will have a go at rony instead.

Bacon

Newry Democrat Intermediate Hurling Championship

Wed 19th Aug
Downpatrick 6 45
Liatroim v Kilclief

The winner of this semi will win the  IHC. Kilclief have got the act together under Growler (why did Ballygelget let him go?) and have had some impressive wins in the league. Liatroim beat Portaferry last week but hadnt a match for 6 weeks before. These two have met in the championship 4 years running and Liatroim won them all. I think Kilclief can turn in round this year - maybe after a replay.

Sun 23rd Aug
Castlewellan 4 45
Bredagh v Ballela

Ballela have a limeted squad but have been takin there hurling seriously this year. They played 8 or 9 matches in the South Antrim as well as a good run to the Ulster league final and the confidence is there. Bredagh have gone back this year. Danny Hughes is hard to replace and theyve leaked goals. They have some great young forwards but Ballela will sneak it by 2 pts IMO

Newry Democrat Junior Hurling Championship

Wed 19th Aug
Ballela 6 45
Ballyvarley v Castlewellan
Ballyvarley v Castlewellan is put back to 26th at 6.45 in Ballela. Castlewellan had a good win over Clonduff in their Ulster semi final on Monday but Ballyvarley are going really well in Div 2 and should win by 3 or 4 points.

Sun 23rd Aug
Castlwellan 3 00
Carryduff v Warrenpoint

Warrenpoint have been getting hindings in Div 1 but they really should win the JHC this year. This is Carryduff's first year and while theyve got better with each game theyre still a long way of competing with the Point. The point by 12.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

johnneycool

Quote from: Bacon on August 19, 2009, 08:54:57 AM

Wed 19th Aug
Downpatrick 6 45
Liatroim v Kilclief

The winner of this semi will win the  IHC. Kilclief have got the act together under Growler (why did Ballygelget let him go?) and have had some impressive wins in the league. Liatroim beat Portaferry last week but hadnt a match for 6 weeks before. These two have met in the championship 4 years running and Liatroim won them all. I think Kilclief can turn in round this year - maybe after a replay.

Sun 23rd Aug
Castlewellan 4 45
Bredagh v Ballela

Ballela have a limeted squad but have been takin there hurling seriously this year. They played 8 or 9 matches in the South Antrim as well as a good run to the Ulster league final and the confidence is there. Bredagh have gone back this year. Danny Hughes is hard to replace and theyve leaked goals. They have some great young forwards but Ballela will sneak it by 2 pts IMO

Wed 19th Aug
Ballela 6 45
Ballyvarley v Castlewellan
Ballyvarley v Castlewellan is put back to 25th at 6.45 in Ballela. Castlewellan had a good win over Clonduff in their Ulster semi final on Monday but Ballyvarley are going really well in Div 2 and should win by 3 or 4 points.

Sun 23rd Aug
Castlwellan 3 00
Carryduff v Warrenpoint

Warrenpoint have been getting hindings in Div 1 but they really should win the JHC this year. This is Carryduff's first year and while theyve got better with each game theyre still a long way of competing with the Point. The point by 12.

Probably not too far away there bacon as I'd agree with you on most predictions there. Whoever wins the Liatroim, Kilclief game will take the intermediates and Ballyvarley will take the juniors.
The biggest pity is the withdrawal of Newry, what is going on down there as they haven't seemed to have fulfilled a fixture in the better part of a month? Any idea?

As for Growler, even Jesus found it hard to be a prophet in his own land  ;D ;D ;D