Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: eyeswideopen on August 17, 2009, 05:58:09 PM
Am i the only one on here who fancies Bosco to beat Glenn?

Nope.  I also think Bosco will pull off that old town hodoo over Glen even thongh Glen are a much better side

The Worker

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 17, 2009, 10:17:29 PM
Quote from: eyeswideopen on August 17, 2009, 05:58:09 PM
Am i the only one on here who fancies Bosco to beat Glenn?

Nope.  I also think Bosco will pull off that old town hodoo over Glen even thongh Glen are a much better side

Really couldnt see it, if Glenn play against bosco the same way the did against us in the 1st round dont think Bosco will get close!

No1

QuoteWere Kilclief playing tonight? Any result??

No game.  Shamrocks got the game put back AGAIN.

Probably no bad thing for us after the tanking the RGU gave us on Friday night.

mournerambler

Will the comments on here regarding the lingo of your supporters in the last round be relayed to the Kilclief faithful for the Attical game No1?

thewobbler

Any foul mouthedness from Kilclief's support in round one was both understandable and acceptable, for after all it was the Shamrocks they were playing.

Seriously though, Kilclief's support are not a patch on the likes of Longstone or Downpatrick for aggression and foul mouthedness. At most clubs there are just a couple of indviduals responsible for most of the bad name, but not there.

No1

QuoteWill the comments on here regarding the lingo of your supporters in the last round be relayed to the Kilclief faithful for the Attical game No1?

I wasn't in the country for that particular game so that's why I didn't comment.  It was a shame to hear about it, especially when the club is currently running a "Respect" campaign. 

There are a few lads who follow us that you couldn't take to the spuds, they are serial offenders and constantly let themselves down.  However, what do you expect from a pig but a grunt? 

I think it is unfair to blame the club for the behaviour of a few empty hoors.  It's no excuse but by all accounts the behaviour of the Shamrocks players in the second half contributed greatly to the horrible atmosphere.

I'd agree with wobbler aswell, there are plenty of supporters around the county much worse than ours and in greater numbers.  Ever been to Ardtole?  :o

norabeag

Quote from: thewobbler on August 17, 2009, 11:24:32 PM
Any foul mouthedness from Kilclief's support in round one was both understandable and acceptable, for after all it was the Shamrocks they were playing.

Seriously though, Kilclief's support are not a patch on the likes of Longstone or Downpatrick for aggression and foul mouthedness. At most clubs there are just a couple of indviduals responsible for most of the bad name, but not there.
Shocked :o

umpire

Good Old Days!!

1981 Senior Football final in Newcastle.

Burren 0.11  Saval 0.11
Replay; Burren 1.10 Saval 2.6

Burren's team in drawn game.
Declan Murdock;
Seamus Murdock, Frankie McGovern, Gerard Murdock;
Kieran McConville, Pat Murtagh, Willie McMahon;
Paddy O'Rouke, Tommy McGovern;
Pat McKay, Brendan McGovern, Jim McGreevey;
John (shorty) Treanor, Seamus (buster) Fegan, Vincent McGovern.

One of the subs, Frank (Mitchell) McClorey.

Saval's team
Paddy McAvoy (bosco manager)
Gerry McCarthy, Francis Dobbins, Johnny Murtagh;
Raymond Cull, Mick McCarthy, Charlie Cunningham;
Seamus Sands, Cathal Digney;
Gerry Quinn, Frank Digney, Mick Sands;
Damian Digney, Jarlath Digney, Donal Dobbins.

Saval at that time was the 'Cinderella club of Down' they played delightful fast open football with Cathal Digney as one of outstanding player in Ireland. In the replay, Saval put up a brave fight but they lost Cathal Digney to a heavy robust tackle in replay game and they also lost Donal Dobbins before replay through being injured.

Will Saval get their revenge this Friday???

That was Burren's 2nd Senior title.. Their first was in 1966.

meatsy86

Hardly a robust tackle umpire, more like an act of dirt by a burren team that had set out to do one thing that day, take cathal digney out of the game. watch the game this friday night no doubt they'll be tryin to do the same again.

Tomorrow is another day

No. 1 --

How many times have Shamrocks got that game put back? And what were / are their reasons??

Seems like no other club couldget away with that amount of postponments

No1

Second time they have got it put back. 

No reason given, the county board simply informed us it wasn't to be played. 

I couldn't see us getting the same leeway.

5 Sams

Quote from: Tomorrow is another day on August 18, 2009, 09:32:51 AM
No. 1 --

How many times have Shamrocks got that game put back? And what were / are their reasons??

Seems like no other club couldget away with that amount of postponments

SWINE Flu.
The Aristocrat Years

spiritof91and94

ACPRL Division 2:
Bredagh 1-9, Warrenpoint 0-11, Venue: Bredagh, ;
Carryduff 2-15, Annaclone 2-9, Venue: Carryduff, ;
Tullylish 0-11, Saval 0-11, Venue: Tullylish, ;
Longstone 0-5, Downpatrick 0-0, Venue: Longstone, ; - is this for real?

meatsy86

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on August 18, 2009, 02:49:59 PM
ACPRL Division 2:
Bredagh 1-9, Warrenpoint 0-11, Venue: Bredagh, ;
Carryduff 2-15, Annaclone 2-9, Venue: Carryduff, ;
Tullylish 0-11, Saval 0-11, Venue: Tullylish, ;
Longstone 0-5, Downpatrick 0-0, Venue: Longstone, ; - is this for real?

this is more likely than not that Downpatrick failed to field as they did again us this year and the same scoreline was printed for that match.

southdown

Or maybe the Stone decided to defend their lead? ;)