Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitehair

Quote from: norabeag on August 08, 2009, 07:52:29 PM
Banbridge would be the worst of the lot but it is the way some of their players get on as well. Very like Laverty last nite

Some of their posters on here being the main culprits! ;)

Lecale2

Do you play Shamrocks on Wednesday Whitehair?

supersub

any word of point and l'island?

D4S

Quote from: bridgegael on August 08, 2009, 02:57:16 PM
kilcoos win last night was no shock!!!  one facile win over the 'bridge and people were jumping on the 'ford bandwagon and not giving kilcoo a chance.  lets go back a year and lots of people were tipping kilcoo for the chanpionship. this year they have had injuries and not their bes year in the league. ford were a second div team and nobody was even considering them for championship.  league form counts for nothing,  kilcoo are all round better team.

and on the matt fitzpatrick issue,  see in todays irish news, matt says 'bridge will be looking to the likes of decky rooney'  decky hasn't played for the seniors for 3 years!!!!!

What about him stating that the ballymartin v drumgath intermediate championship match was a derby game..............I think theres about 20-25 miles between the clubs! Any word on wpoint l'island?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

down6061689194

Quote from: Cúig huaire on August 08, 2009, 11:41:11 AM
I`d have King on the county panel, also the 2 Brannigans. That was a bit of a shock last night, not the best game of football I ve ever seen, but Kilcoo wont be complaining.

I'd have him starting. He's superior to lynch, and ambrose seems to be a better half forward.

Lavertys aggression wasnt in the spirit of the game. Rugby tackling a man then diving when it gets a bit physical.

supersub

Lecale2

Results
Warrenpoint    0-7   1-9   Loughinisland
Shamrocks    1-6   1-11   Kilclief

DownFanatic

An Riocht beat Banbridge by 9

waitingforsam

Quote from: amallon on August 07, 2009, 02:08:10 PM
Sorry for the mess last night Spirit but needs must.  On Club Down our website is up and running so if anyone is interested it can be found at www.clubdown.com

You can download a membership form direct from the website and send it into the county office.  We have membership packages to suit most pockets, become a member for £10/Month or a Partner for £40/Month.

We also have a race day at Down Royal coming up on the 28th August which costs £75 per person or £750 per table.  

I know times are tough but I'm sure there are plenty of GAABoarders who could be members or partners of Club Down.  Now is the time to show the colour of your money lads.

Fair play AMALLON
Been waiting since '94

Nailed On

Glenn beat St Michaels in the JFC by 16, the minors from Glenn played very well.

Was 1-07 to 0-06 at the break, Glenn pulled away in second half.

Mid Down Gael

The Finn and Dromara drew in junior championship.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 08, 2009, 02:27:27 PM
He got involved Ricy McMenimin style. Laverty is that type off player but a damm good one. If fords so called 'stars' had have been as influential as him then the result may have been different. Enjoy them sour grapes spirit. Take your beating, Kilcoo played yous off the park in second half. One point from a free is all yous could muster and a penalty in injury time.

What sour grapes?
did i question your teams win?
In truth we had the game won in the first half and didnt show for the second but the hungrier team won through and good luck to them. Laverty is annoying but very effective.
Hard to see where our season will take us now, it will be interesting to see who succeeds Pete when he gets the Down Job.

NedFlanders

Was at all 3 SFC games over thursday, friday and saturday. The standard of refereeing in the county is crap, the fella morgan who done the kingdom game yesterday was a disgrace, wouldnt let him referee a u8 game

TORGAEL

IFC Result

Ballymartin 0-13
Drumgath  1-09

supersub

not much feedback on here from the point match.. Anyone at it? Who played well for either side? Was dan playing?