Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

Quote from: wobbller on August 07, 2009, 10:47:36 PM
Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 07, 2009, 10:31:01 PM
I  probably shouldn't bother, but I note that The Gael has just written off the most successful Down manager in our history in the same way as he has dismissed the credentials of every other potential candidate for the county vacancy. Is there any possibility that The Gael might ever tell us who, in his opinion, should actually get the job ?

Ignore the rantings of that lunatic although in three years of Club Management Peter hasn't had a victory in the Championship.
didn't he get club championship success with Cooley Kickhams before that?

Lecale2

Didn't he win the league with An Riocht?

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: western exile on August 08, 2009, 12:01:22 PM
I  probably shouldn't bother, but I note that The Gael has just written off the most successful Down manager in our history in the same way as he has dismissed the credentials of every other potential candidate for the county vacancy. Is there any possibility that The Gael might ever tell us who, in his opinion, should actually get the job ?

Ignore the rantings of that lunatic although in three years of Club Management Peter hasn't had a victory in the Championship.

no

western exile

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on August 08, 2009, 12:22:02 PM
Quote from: western exile on August 08, 2009, 12:01:22 PM

no
The posters were pointing out that he has not won a recent Down club championship game.
In 2004, with Cooley Kickhams he won several championship games bringing them to the County Final for the first time in 14 years where they lost to St. Patricks. If my memory is correct...

guevara

What was Lavery doing that was such a disgrace?? Wasnt at the game so just enquiring??

Quote from: wobbller on August 08, 2009, 12:12:35 AM
Quote from: norabeag on August 08, 2009, 12:05:01 AM
Thought ref was very good as were Kilcoo in 2nd half.
Lavery is an annoying wee p***k.
Aidan Brannigan though was magnificent.

Lavery's aggression may well be something that Down have been lacking this past few years.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Mid Down Gael

He got involved Ricy McMenimin style. Laverty is that type off player but a damm good one. If fords so called 'stars' had have been as influential as him then the result may have been different. Enjoy them sour grapes spirit. Take your beating, Kilcoo played yous off the park in second half. One point from a free is all yous could muster and a penalty in injury time.

bridgegael

kilcoos win last night was no shock!!!  one facile win over the 'bridge and people were jumping on the 'ford bandwagon and not giving kilcoo a chance.  lets go back a year and lots of people were tipping kilcoo for the chanpionship. this year they have had injuries and not their bes year in the league. ford were a second div team and nobody was even considering them for championship.  league form counts for nothing,  kilcoo are all round better team.

and on the matt fitzpatrick issue,  see in todays irish news, matt says 'bridge will be looking to the likes of decky rooney'  decky hasn't played for the seniors for 3 years!!!!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: bridgegael on August 08, 2009, 02:57:16 PM
kilcoos win last night was no shock!!!  one facile win over the 'bridge and people were jumping on the 'ford bandwagon and not giving kilcoo a chance.  lets go back a year and lots of people were tipping kilcoo for the chanpionship. this year they have had injuries and not their bes year in the league. ford were a second div team and nobody was even considering them for championship.  league form counts for nothing,  kilcoo are all round better team.

and on the matt fitzpatrick issue,  see in todays irish news, matt says 'bridge will be looking to the likes of decky rooney'  decky hasn't played for the seniors for 3 years!!!!!

Typical Matt, has not got a clue.

Dangerous Person

I take it Gubber didn't have much to celebrate last night then!! ;D

dundrumite

Quote from: Dangerous Person on August 08, 2009, 06:25:39 PM

Obviously not if they got beat  :o

Kilclief beat Shamrocks by 1-11 to 1-06. Going on the Kilclief first half performance they will be very hard to stop in the IFC. The second half turned very niggly and at times threatened to boil over. Just a note on the Kilclief support, to say they were over enthusiastic would be the under statement of the century.

DownFanatic

Kilclief thoroughly deserved their win. They played some nice slick football and had some great outlets in their forward line especially Ciaran Sloan and Ricky Kerr. Jonathan Hanvey and Matthew Johnston dominated midfield which helped as well.

To me, Shamrocks look like a team with Division 3 written all over them. They seem to rely on a core of a players while those on the fringes look lightweight and inexperienced.

Just on a more sour note. The majority (notice I didn't say the minority) of Kiclief support were a disgrace. Their language and behaviour infront of a lot of young supporters was vile. Opposition players, linesmen, the referee - you name it, they had a go at it and in the most disgusting manner possible.

idontbelieveit

[quote author=DownFanatic link=topic=25.msg614883#msg614883 date=1249754167
Just on a more sour note. The majority (notice I didn't say the minority) of Kiclief support were a disgrace. Their language and behaviour infront of a lot of young supporters was vile. Opposition players, linesmen, the referee - you name it, they had a go at it and in the most disgusting manner possible.

[/quote]

I totally agree with you. I have been at 3 Kiclief matches all year and home/away there screaming/yelling at the referee, taunting opposition players and getting in the faces of opposition supporters. Its just not Kiclief however, Ive seen it from Saul, Ardglass Banbridge and Glasdruman. Always F***ing and "Get em off". I have actually sent a complaint to the county board about one of those clubs supporters! Sends out the wrong message which we want to get across to the next generation and ruins the match for all! Another aspect of what is wrong with Down football.

norabeag

Banbridge would be the worst of the lot but it is the way some of their players get on as well. Very like Laverty last nite

BRIDGE LAD

Dangerous Person

Quote from: dundrumite on August 08, 2009, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Person on August 08, 2009, 06:25:39 PM

Obviously not if they got beat  :o

I'm just making reference to him acting like a total pr**k after he scored a goal against the Bridge. Glad to see them cocky feckers getting put in their place. :D