Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitta-Banter

If I see a preview or match report where Matt Fitz is the reporter then I dont read it.I remember he always used to say before Down Championship games that the Down defence was 'sound',when it has long been the weak area of the team.
He builds both teams up then says that one team should progress.I see in the Recorder this week he says that the whole of East Down is talking about the Ardglass/Carryduff game!!!hahaha.
Not so long ago he he stated that Kilcoo/Drumaness was the tie of the round in the East Down U-16 championship,a game that Kilcoo won by over 50 points.Could go on,but dont need to,mans an idiot,it also really annoys me that the Irish News employ him.

Mid Down Gael

Saweys in Castlewellan taking senior championship bets for championship outright and first round games.

FAVOURITES OUTRIGHT

Bridge 2/1
Ford 4/1
Burren 4/1
Castlewellan 6/1
Kilcoo 13/2

Hope the stone dont make me sweat too much tonight. Only after sticking £100 on them at 4/6 to beat Liatroim.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 06, 2009, 06:23:30 PM
Saweys in Castlewellan taking senior championship bets for championship outright and first round games.

FAVOURITES OUTRIGHT

Bridge 2/1
Ford 4/1
Burren 4/1
Castlewellan 6/1
Kilcoo 13/2

Hope the stone dont make me sweat too much tonight. Only after sticking £100 on them at 4/6 to beat Liatroim.

Think Stone will win but I wouldnt of risked 100 on them. I dont think it would be considered a shock if Liatroim beat them. This game will probably go down to the wire.

goldenyears

Doing this on mobile so hope its accepted

Longstone        
Bryansford v Kilcoo draw
An Riocht
Loughinisland v Warrenpoint draw
Castlewellan
Mayobridge
Rostrevor
Burren

Intermediate Championship
Carryduff
Glasdrumman
Shamrocks v Kilclief draw
Ballymartin
Dundrum
Atticall
Downpatrick
Darragh Cross

Junior Football Championship

Dromara
Glenn
Teconnaught

In the Onion Bag

Good luck MDG, you a braver man than me.

fred the red

Liatriom v Longstone        
Bryansford v Kilcoo
Clann na Banna v An Riocht
Loughinisland v Warrenpoint
Castlewellan v Saval DRAW
Mayobridge v Annaclone
Clonduff v Rostrevor
Ballyholland v Burren

Intermediate Championship

Ardglass v Carryduff
Glasdrumman v Drumaness
Shamrocks v Kilclief
Ballymartin v Drumgath
Dundrum v Saul
Bredagh v Atticall
Downpatrick v Tullylish
Darragh Cross v St Johns

Junior Football Championship

Dromara v Aughlisnafin
St Michaels v Glenn
Mitchels v Teconnaught

down6061689194

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on August 06, 2009, 05:58:12 PM
Not so long ago he he stated that Kilcoo/Drumaness was the tie of the round in the East Down U-16 championship,a game that Kilcoo won by over 50 points.

Any need ;) :P

And whats worse about Matt is that his stuff goes in the Irish News, I'd imagine there would be someone on here at every game, so a bief report from them, and then compiled by an editor would surely be of Better use to such a paper?
I don't know how you would go about removing him from the paper, maybe a few quality articles from GAA Board.

Bitta-Banter

IFC in Darragh Cross :
Carryduff 1-6 Ardglass 1-10
Ardglass went down to 14men about half way through the first half, one of their men got a straight red for kicking a Carryduff boy. Carryduff led 1-5 to 0-4 just after half time but Ardglass got a lot of dubious refereeing decisions, and Carryduff had a man sent off half way through the 2nd half,didnt actually see the incident. Ardglass deserved their win in the end, scoring 1-6 without reply. Carryduff very poor in the 2nd half, no real target up front.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 06, 2009, 07:11:19 PM

Brave but stupid. Ah well only a hundred. Hopefully get it back before weekends out. Liatroim deserved there victory, a foolish Barry Kelly cost the stone again. Miceal McCartan is some player. He was outstanding.

Out in Front

What was the score in the Liatroim v Longstone game?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Out in Front on August 06, 2009, 09:25:05 PM
What was the score in the Liatroim v Longstone game?

Longstone 0-13 Liatroim 0-14

mournerambler

If tonight is anything to go by, it'll be close to dark when tomorrow night's game is finished in Clonduff with the 7:45 throw-in & thought Liatroim deserved their victory tonight over Longstone but I expected to see a bigger turn out for the first senior championship game.

DownFanatic

Barry Kelly sent off after a couple of minutes. Longstone got back in to it by halftime.

The 2nd half Liatroim's defence held stern while Miceal McCartan was simply outstanding in midfield. Patrick Pearse McCartan and Aidan O'Prey superb up front.

Liatroim will not win this Championship but they will give a good account of themselves in the quarter finals.

Liatroim 0-14  Longstone 0-13

Im shocked at that Carryduff/Ardglass result. Never seen that coming. The Duff must have fageted out in the face of intimidation  :D

mournerambler

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: wobbller on August 06, 2009, 09:47:08 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 06, 2009, 09:20:33 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 06, 2009, 07:11:19 PM

Brave but .......... stupid. Ah well only a hundred. Hopefully get it back before weekends out. Liatroim deserved there victory, a foolish Barry Kelly cost the stone again. Miceal McCartan is some player. He was outstanding.

Can you please remove this uncalled for term,please?

Apologies wobbller