Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meatsy86

anyone know wat the hell is wrong wit the down website haven't been able to get on this 2 days.

CĂșig huaire

It was working ok earlier, though it seems to have been Down since the news of Ross`s departure broke.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

So there it is, Ross is out. Suppose its only a matter of time before they appoint a new man to get slated all over again, and the fun continues. I dont suppose Mick O'Dwyer would be available would he? He has taken good young teams in Kildare, Laois and Wicklow to new heights, why not Down? He hasnt had a go in Ulster yet. And at least he couldnt be called useless, stupid, niave, or any other name for that matter, by people in Down, because hes arguably the best gaelic football manager theres ever been?

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: T O Hare on July 28, 2009, 06:38:31 PM
Quote from: guevara on July 28, 2009, 02:29:41 PM

That ref is a liabilty and should not be allowed to referee...

that is one point that im sure everyone can agree on, its amazing hes still about, year after year!

Town Gael

What's the full story with Ross- I thought the meeting last week simply asked him to re-apply?

guevara

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on July 29, 2009, 10:08:29 AM
Quote from: T O Hare on July 28, 2009, 06:38:31 PM
Quote from: guevara on July 28, 2009, 02:29:41 PM

That ref is a liabilty and should not be allowed to referee...

that is one point that im sure everyone can agree on, its amazing hes still about, year after year!

I agree lads he's poor but at the end of the day it isn't his fault its The County Boards. Surely it is them who decide who is fit to referee games & who isn't? You can't blame the man for making himself available.........
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Irelands32

I see in todays IN that Jamie O'Reilly is away on a three week trial to Aussie Rules team Richmond Tigers.

He's lucky the scouts were at the Mayo U21 semi final as its the only decent game i've seen him play. Fair play to the lad though hope he makes it.

down6061689194

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 28, 2009, 10:01:20 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 28, 2009, 09:57:36 PM
Carryduff v Kilcoo minor match tonight was posponed,  Swine Flu?

There is 5 kilcoo lads on Down minors so id imagine this is why.

Drumanness & Darragh matches off too. Club sec. called the game off without reason so I assume its orders from above.

niveaformen

Irelands32 from what I hear the scouts were at the U-21 Tyrone game to watch Murney and McCumiskey but he caught their eye and they returned to watch him in the Ulster Final were they were impressed. You obviously haven't seen him play very much if that's the only decent game you've seen him play

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: niveaformen on July 29, 2009, 07:28:02 PM
Irelands32 from what I hear the scouts were at the U-21 Tyrone game to watch Murney and McCumiskey but he caught their eye and they returned to watch him in the Ulster Final were they were impressed. You obviously haven't seen him play very much if that's the only decent game you've seen him play

Ive seen him play reguraly and if he makes it at Aussie rules then there is hope for us all.

niveaformen

Mid Down Gael when have you seen him regualrly play? If you had you would have known he averages 5 - 6 points a game for Loughinisland, but I suppose you could do much better yourself

miss mess

sorry umpire.  Loughisland -v- Warrenpoint

niveaformen

miss mess if I were you I wouldnt be so sure about that result

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: niveaformen on July 29, 2009, 07:35:16 PM
Mid Down Gael when have you seen him regualrly play? If you had you would have known he averages 5 - 6 points a game for Loughinisland, but I suppose you could do much better yourself

Every Down game this year, Against Loughinisland reguraly and when i go and watch Loughinisland in championship games. Ahy he scores 5-6 points whenever seamus ohare is not there to hit the frees. In last years run to championship final he was average. Mark Valentine, Ben Orielly, John McCarthy and Ryan Stranney where much more prominent in the islands run to the final against Rostrevor, Downpatrick, Burren and the Bridge. To be fair he was only used as a sub in the first two rounds due to injury. He is a decent club player who made the Down panel even though failed to make the Queens sigerson squad. The day the aussie scouts where watching was the best i ever seen him.

niveaformen

Granted he was average in the run to the championship final last year,but was being played in corner forward, when he is much more effective at centre half or full. He's more than a decent club player, sure against Kilcoo (where I presume your from judging from previous post) he always is double marked by Mackers and Choc, and still manages to score around 3 points. He was on the sigerson panel in his first year at uni and pulled out of it this year. Ask anyone who plays with him or watches his preformances throughout the league and they will tell you he deserved to get scouted. Just a quick point at the end to say the aussie scouts originally spotted him against Tyrone and then again at the Ulster final, not against Mayo as stated in the press