Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 19, 2009, 01:13:04 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on June 19, 2009, 11:46:50 AM
Quote from: Pangurban on June 18, 2009, 11:49:41 PM
Could Down Fanatic take some time off from sniping at Loughinisland, and spend it trying to think off a Div.1 club that does not have any blow ins, and whose players are all resident in Parish

Two of the more successful and consistent clubs in recent years kilcoo and the Bridge, struggling to name any blow ins that play for them clubs. Certainly not to the extent of other certain division one clubs. Could anyone correct me?

Spirit any chance you get to snipe at either Dundrum or Mc Comiskey your like a rat up a drainpipe on it. Have you a genuine dislike/obession with either or perhaps even both. Just pose the question why waste energy typing such needless, arrogant, derogatary post?????

Lets face facts here - if mccomiskey is to improve his game he needs to be playing first division football - i have nothing against him or dundrum - you need to wise up and get a life mite

Yes I am going to defend my club when arrogant idiots like you suggest our best player should transfer (and I am assuming you mean to Bryansfod  :o). Just as in a similar situation with yourself and T O'Hare, after he made a comment about Ciaran Brannagain and Gavin Barry's pocket you counterargued with a totally unrelated point on Brendan Grant.. Maybe practice what you preach. perhaps while I am looking for a life for myself I could pick you one in on the bargain ;D

islandboy

Does anyone know if the ford game is on tonight or moved to monday due to prodigy concert? also is the town v kilcoo match in kilcoo?

Bitta-Banter

Anyone on here encouraging players to move to the club down the road would be safer following local soccer.
Players lookin for a higher standard of football can work to play for their county.

No1

Quotehow many teams dont have a couple of blow in's? admitedly we may have more than most being in the city, but look at both our senior football and senior hurling teams and you will see that they are made up mostly of bredagh natives.

:D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D

Even your referees are blow ins FFS  ;)

dundrumite

Quote from: islandboy on June 19, 2009, 03:41:33 PM
Does anyone know if the ford game is on tonight or moved to monday due to prodigy concert? also is the town v kilcoo match in kilcoo?

According to the Irish news it is in Kilcoo Islandboy

supersub

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on June 19, 2009, 03:42:35 PM
Anyone on here encouraging players to move to the club down the road would be safer following local soccer.
Players lookin for a higher standard of football can work to play for their county.

But in relation to the original argument, McComisky is already playing for his county, so this would be the highest standar available to him!

behind the wire

no one minds players that transfer to another club with valid reason i.e. moved to another part of the county. what people don't like to see are the caravan dwellers, i.e. those who transfer simply because they think they are above their own club (i know that aghaderg have suffered from this almost to the point of being unable to field). It is this sort of thing that downfanatic and others make valid points, unfortunately it also seems to be what spirit is openly advocating.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

DownFanatic

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 19, 2009, 09:18:07 AM
Quote from: islandboy on June 19, 2009, 09:08:16 AM
island always in front and never looked like losinf a game. Shay Curran was back playing for the point. Downfanatic - heard that he said that the football was that bad in dundrum he would happily travel back to the point three times a week rather than continue with that rubbish. just in respect of transfers how long do you think it will be before mc comiskey transfers to another club?

;D ;D ;D
For his sake it has to happen soon (imo)

Please provide a well thought out and structured rationale as to why McComiskey should transfer.

Ive heard many opinions on it over the years and no one has given me a coherent argument as yet.

I await your response with great excitement.

dundrumite

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 19, 2009, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 19, 2009, 09:18:07 AM
Quote from: islandboy on June 19, 2009, 09:08:16 AM
island always in front and never looked like losinf a game. Shay Curran was back playing for the point. Downfanatic - heard that he said that the football was that bad in dundrum he would happily travel back to the point three times a week rather than continue with that rubbish. just in respect of transfers how long do you think it will be before mc comiskey transfers to another club?

;D ;D ;D
For his sake it has to happen soon (imo)

Please provide a well thought out and structured rationale as to why McComiskey should transfer.

Ive heard many opinions on it over the years and no one has given me a coherent argument as yet.

I await your response with great excitement.

By the looks of it there are a number of posters looking forward to that response.... Over to you Spirit

T O Hare

Why would McComiskey transfer from his parish club!!!!! Mickey Linden played in division 4, 3 and 2 and still became the footballer of the year!!!! He also won a few senoir championships and senior leagues ;) ;) I was too young to remember but was there any calls to get Mickey playing for Burren in the mid 80's ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bridgegael

Quote from: T O Hare on June 19, 2009, 05:18:23 PM
Why would McComiskey transfer from his parish club!!!!! Mickey Linden played in division 4, 3 and 2 and still became the footballer of the year!!!! He also won a few senoir championships and senior leagues ;) ;) I was too young to remember but was there any calls to get Mickey playing for Burren in the mid 80's ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

excellent point T.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

down6061689194

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 18, 2009, 05:46:07 PM
Although they dabbled in the underage market
Very Much so!

Quote from: islandboy on June 19, 2009, 03:41:33 PM

I'd be disgusted if the GAA moved a game being played on the other side of town because of a concert.

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on June 19, 2009, 03:42:35 PM

Exactly. What happened to the 'soccers about who you follow, Gaelics about who you are.'

Bitta-Banter

Darragh Cross 0-5 Carryduff 0-4

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

D4S

Burren 2-9
Longstone 2-12

Great result away from home! In work wasn't at it but chattin to someone who was.  Said very exciting game with Longstone better side throughout up until last 10 when Burren really scrapped for every ball and were on top.  They got back to within 2 points, think longstone lead by 5 at one stage.  Mark Poland got 2 goals!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.