Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Quote from: lroberts680 on June 07, 2009, 07:09:21 PM
Does anyone know what the dates for the down junior hurling championship semi finals are and where the matches are taking place. TOWN FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

It would be easier to find out the Third Secret of Fatima.

True Blue

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on June 07, 2009, 12:37:53 AM
Quote[quote author=Mourne Rover link=topic=25.msg561818#msg561818 date=1244330052]
Fermanagh's defeat against Cavan was a pretty telling indication our of own position. Cavan, a limited but reasonably well organised side, were able to beat Fermanagh despite conceding a dreadful goal early on. It's clear that Fermanagh are ordinary enough, and have probably gone backwards since last summer. However, they were still able to play us off the park in the last quarter at Enniskillen. We are now at best 8th out of nine in Ulster. If Antrim put up a decent performance next week, we will be 9th of nine. We can give the qualifiers our best shot, but the need for fundamental change has never been more urgent.
[/shadow][/shadow]
[/color][/color]

Well said, Mourne Rover. I totally agree. Down have sliipped dreadfully over the past number of year and to be in the position we are in (you are right, 8th or possibly 9th in Ulster) is an absolute disgrace for a once proud footballing county. Its a long time since a draw against Down would have been considered an easy touch but thats what we are now - an easy touch. Time for a root and branch review of footbal in Down, right down to the primary schools!!!
[/quote]

DLL

down football might be in a decline but i can guarantee you you dont need to come down to primary school level to look for the problem as there is a great committee looking after over 50 competing schools in all competitions and promoting gaelic games at the highest level. what happens these children when the leave us? the primary teachers of county down know we have developed the youth of the county in all codes of our organisation.
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

DownFanatic

Longstone beat Bryansford by a point in the Senior 7's Final, Ardglass destroyed Glenn in the Junior and the Ford beat Burren in the Minor decider at yesterday's Feis in Castlewellan.

I heard this event was not very well attended. The county board also had the wisdom to organise ACPRL fixtures at the same time.

Is the Feis a thing of the past?

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 08, 2009, 04:24:18 PM
Longstone beat Bryansford by a point in the Senior 7's Final, Ardglass destroyed Glenn in the Junior and the Ford beat Burren in the Minor decider at yesterday's Feis in Castlewellan.

I heard this event was not very well attended. The county board also had the wisdom to organise ACPRL fixtures at the same time.

Is the Feis a thing of the past?

diddnt even know it was on DF, wouldnt have went anyway as we had a game in the reserve league
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Div three Result

Drumaness 2-8 Bredagh 3-8
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mid Down Gael

Div one Results

Kilcoo 0-13 Liatriom 0-7

Burren and Bridge drew. Never heard final score.

dundroma

anybody know who won between drumgath and adhaderg guessing drumgath but i would be shocked if drumgath don't win

DownFanatic

Monday 08th June 2009

O Neills Down SFL Division 1
Burren  0-13 1-10 Mayobridge  Burren Round 9 
Kilcoo  0-13 0-7 Liatriom  Kilcoo Round 9 

O Neills Down SFL Division 2
Clann na Banna  0-9 0-12 Kilclief  Clann na Banna Round 9 

O Neills Down SFL Division 3
Aghaderg  1-10 4-10 Drumgath  Aghaderg Round 9
Drumaness 2-08  Bredagh 3-08  Drumaness

No1

QuoteO Neills Down SFL Division 2
Clann na Banna  0-9 0-12 Kilclief  Clann na Banna Round 9 

Poor enough game in Banbridge tonight.  A hateful hoor of a pitch!  Think Kilclief just about deserved it, Ciaran Sloan had a superb second half.  Clann na Banna will not be happy with the ref who had a shocker!

BRIDGE LAD

Bridge hardly deserved to draw tonight, Burren were the better team throughout! Very impressed with the movement in their forward line,  especially Kevin McKernan playing corner forward and James McGovern. They will be hard to stop this year. But Bridge werent firing on all cylinders tonight. Think its still seven years since Burren have beaten us!! We'll take the point anyway!   ;D ;D

gaahead2008

Burren were very unlucky not to win tonight.

For me the bridges big weakness is the back line and goalie, liam coulter just isnt up to scratch, but i do think that young fella strain will make it. a few more games at top level and he wont be far away.
in the meantime, what happened to feathestone, he was some keeper and a big loss to the bridge. he had a great kick out!

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Liam coulter did get a couple of 'powerade' all stars...he must have done something right..

T O Hare

Quote from: gaahead2008 on June 09, 2009, 12:01:06 AM
Burren were very unlucky not to win tonight.

For me the bridges big weakness is the back line and goalie, liam coulter just isnt up to scratch, but i do think that young fella strain will make it. a few more games at top level and he wont be far away.
in the meantime, what happened to feathestone, he was some keeper and a big loss to the bridge. he had a great kick out!

Liam Coulter was not playing tonight, two years ago he won a powerade all-star while last year he went through the championship campaign without conceding a goal!!!!!

We had our worst performance of the season tonight!!! We played well for fifteen minutes in the second half and could have won it in the end!!! Burren seemed to panic when they went ahead!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

gaahead2008

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on June 09, 2009, 01:08:28 AM
Liam coulter did get a couple of 'powerade' all stars...he must have done something right..

I would nt read too much into those powerade all star's, sure isnt one of the judges from the Bridge!

supersub

Quote from: amallon on May 19, 2009, 02:19:27 PM
DaddyLongLegs - Castlewellan have a great record against us at home and even with full teams we have lost down there and I like yourself didn't expect a win last night either.  I had a meeting last night and didn't get to the game but spoke to a few people who were at after the game was over and they were raging with the refs performance.  Even the normally mild mannered ones weren't happy. 

Wobbler - Sean Featherstone is into Triathons now and doesn't bother with the football at all.

Think this is the answer!!