Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Just saw on the Mayo hurling thread that Down hurlers are only 'allowed' to train on Páirc Esler in Newry at certain times. This can't be right?? Then again, our own county board wouldn't give a shit about hurling either. Either way, Down will probably beat Mayo again this year. (I was in Longford for the u-21 semi). I also thought that ye were going to be dark-horses in the Ulster championship as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Bitta-Banter

Atticall 1-9  Darragh Cross 2-11

Mid Down Gael

Down minor team to face Cavan on Sat. Unchanged from preliminary round.

1.james Deeney Dún Phadraig
2.Ryan Doran An Ghlásdromainn
3.Shane McNamee Droichead Mhaigh Eo
4.Darragh OHanlan Cill Chua
5.Kevin McClorey Droichead Mhaigh Eo
6.Ciaran McClean Cill Chua
7.Patrick Boyle Caisleán an Mhuillin
8.Caolan Mooney Caisleán Ruairi
9.Niall McParland An Ghleann
10.Chris Clarke Ath Bhriain
11.Robbie White Baile Cholmáin
12.Patrick Quinn Baile Cholmáin
13.Matthew Bagnall An Ghleann
14.Ross McGarry Rinn Mhic Giolla Rua
15.David McKibben Ath Bhriain

western exile

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 28, 2009, 09:39:40 PM
Down minor team to face Cavan on Sat. Unchanged from preliminary round.

1.james Deeney Dún Phadraig
2.Ryan Doran An Ghlásdromainn
3.Shane McNamee Droichead Mhaigh Eo
4.Darragh OHanlan Cill Chua
5.Kevin McClorey Droichead Mhaigh Eo
6.Ciaran McClean Cill Chua
7.Patrick Boyle Caisleán an Mhuillin
8.Caolan Mooney Caisleán Ruairi
9.Niall McParland An Ghleann
10.Chris Clarke Ath Bhriain
11.Robbie White Baile Cholmáin
12.Patrick Quinn Baile Cholmáin
13.Matthew Bagnall An Ghleann
14.Ross McGarry Rinn Mhic Giolla Rua
15.David McKibben Ath Bhriain

Where?  and when?

mournerambler

Athletic Grounds Armagh at 2pm.

DownFanatic

Glasdrumman beat Annaclone 1-10 to 1-07 tonight

5 Sams

Harps beat RGU by 5 tonight. We were 3 points down with about 7 or 8 minutes to go and then we brought a one legged Rony Murtagh on and he changed the game.
The Aristocrat Years

DaddyLongLegs

Was at the game & certainly Murtagh made a difference. But by your own admission, if a "one legged" player can change things around, what the fcuk were the other 14 doing? Dont read too much into the 5 point win - it might come back to bite you!!

5 Sams

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on May 29, 2009, 12:18:35 AM
Was at the game & certainly Murtagh made a difference. But by your own admission, if a "one legged" player can change things around, what the fcuk were the other 14 doing? Dont read too much into the 5 point win - it might come back to bite you!!

Why??
The Aristocrat Years

DaddyLongLegs

Why? Relying on one player to win games? Catch a grip!!

5 Sams

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on May 29, 2009, 12:18:35 AM

The same as your 15 were doing when Murtagh came on :D
The Aristocrat Years

DaddyLongLegs

5Sams. not really a very mature reply for some one with a mighty 1400+ contibutions to the board. I'm a relatively newbie but call it as I see it - do you?? You were lucky this evening but luck isnt always good luck!!!

5 Sams

I didnt say we werent lucky. As a matter of fact with 10 mins to go I said to the the lad beside me that we didnt deserve to win the game....RGU were the better team up until then....however....there was nothing lucky about the scores Murtagh took when he came on.....its hard to beat quality...
The Aristocrat Years

thewobbler

Whilst Hoops were the better team for the first 20 mins of the second half, I wouldn't describe Ballyholland's victory as a lucky one. It was a pretty even first half, and Harps were significantly better during the latter stages of the game, lifted by the arrival of Murtagh.

I wouldn't say Ballyholland were played off the park at any stage of the game, but we did struggle at midfield during the opening part of the second half.

norabeag

Quote from: thewobbler on May 29, 2009, 09:19:50 AM
Whilst Hoops were the better team for the first 20 mins of the second half, I wouldn't describe Ballyholland's victory as a lucky one. It was a pretty even first half, and Harps were significantly better during the latter stages of the game, lifted by the arrival of Murtagh.

I wouldn't say Ballyholland were played off the park at any stage of the game, but we did struggle at midfield during the opening part of the second half.

Your assessment is pretty spot on wobbler. No one connected with RGU would really argue. We had the game won but threw it away. The introduction of murtagh was significant as he "won" a couple of handy frees and then the the panic set in.
Not having a recognised keeper certainly did not help for the first goal but we'll get over it