Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Dubh driocht on May 24, 2009, 08:13:18 PM
Yes- they have copied the Irish Rugby team and made the numbers from the names of the players and coaching staff. Ireland did it from names of supporters who contacted one of the sponsors, and therefore they were able to say they had the nation behind them.Everyone will be at it although it was more successful for Ireland than the farney men.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

marsbarkid

Strange indeed, hopefully not a free week as we have just had our bye on friday and wouldnt like to go another week without competitive football.

Out in Front

Friday May 29 (7.30pm)
ACFL Division 4

Aughlisnafin v St Michael's (P Gelston)
Bright v Ballykinlar (M Lynch)
Sunday May 31 (2pm)
ACFL Division 4

Mitchels v Dromara (L Smyth)
Monday June 1 (7.30pm)
ACFL Division 4

St John Bosco v Dromara (D Ryan)

spiritof91and94

Quote from: centre 3/4s on May 22, 2009, 10:00:39 PM
Bryansford beat us by a point tonight was a great game two good teams with some great scores from both sidescould have been a draw as handy bt to be fair it wold have been a bit harsh on the ford as the ref had very poor game. some stout boy called tumelty never saw him before

Barry Andrews - a joke!

Mourne Rover

According to the Reservoir Dubs website, Dublin beat Down by 2-19 to 1-10 at Carryduff yesterday. The Dubs apparently fielded an entirely different team in the second half, and one poster described Down as `awful'. Just to put it in some context, Dublin also had a challenge away to Mayo on Friday night and won 0-15 to 0-12.

It was always going to be tough for Down to respond to the Enniskillen defeat so quickly, but losing by 12 points at home,even in a friendly, especially if Dublin played their reserves after the break, does not sound good. Does anyone have an idea of our line-up ?

western exile

Quote from: Mourne Rover on May 25, 2009, 01:58:47 PM
According to the Reservoir Dubs website, Dublin beat Down by 2-19 to 1-10 at Carryduff yesterday. The Dubs apparently fielded an entirely different team in the second half, and one poster described Down as `awful'. Just to put it in some context, Dublin also had a challenge away to Mayo on Friday night and won 0-15 to 0-12.

It was always going to be tough for Down to respond to the Enniskillen defeat so quickly, but losing by 12 points at home,even in a friendly, especially if Dublin played their reserves after the break, does not sound good. Does anyone have an idea of our line-up ?

That was a home game for Dublin v. Mayo played at Portmarkock and they won using 17 subs!  report of it here http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gilroys-men-hit-last-five-points-to-edge-omahonys-men-1749207.html?r=RSS

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

I too would be interested to know what our lineup was..

johnneycool

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on May 25, 2009, 04:11:37 PM

From a hoganstand contributor so not gospel by any means:

Down v Dublin Challenge Game - 24th May, Carryduff
Down starting team vs Dublin
1) Michael McAllister
2) Luke Howard
3) Kevin McKernan
4) Colm Murney
5) Declan Rooney
6) John Boyle
7) Damien Rafferty
8) Dan Gordan
9) Jackie Lynch
10) Ronan Sexton
11) Danny Hughes
12) John Fegan
13) Peter Fitzpatrick
14) Gareth Johnston
15) Ronan Sexton

Peter Turley, Hugh Davey, Kieran Gordan, Stephen Kearney all came on plus a few more i think

western exile

Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2009, 04:16:52 PM
Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on May 25, 2009, 04:11:37 PM

From a hoganstand contributor so not gospel by any means:

Down v Dublin Challenge Game - 24th May, Carryduff
Down starting team vs Dublin
1) Michael McAllister
2) Luke Howard
3) Kevin McKernan
4) Colm Murney
5) Declan Rooney
6) John Boyle
7) Damien Rafferty
8) Dan Gordan
9) Jackie Lynch
10) Ronan Sexton
11) Danny Hughes
12) John Fegan
13) Peter Fitzpatrick
14) Gareth Johnston
15) Ronan Sexton

Peter Turley, Hugh Davey, Kieran Gordan, Stephen Kearney all came on plus a few more i think

Ronan Sexton is some man for one man!   I assume the poster meant 15 was Ronan Murtagh?

marsbarkid

Quote from: Out in Front on May 25, 2009, 12:21:55 AM
Friday May 29 (7.30pm)
ACFL Division 4

Sunday May 31 (2pm)
ACFL Division 4

Monday June 1 (7.30pm)
ACFL Division 4

Cheers Out in Front, Bit harsh on Dromara having to play 2 days in a row, how come their Series 8 match v Mitchels is on sunday instead of friday night?

Mid Down Gael

Division one result

Kilcoo 1-13 Burren 0-12

Lecale2

Divison 1 result: Bredagh 4-10 1-09 Warrenpoint.

gaahead2008

Kilcoo V Burren:Mid Down Gael - what sort of game was it?

On another note, Unfortunately the down management are still in place despite an overwhelming vote of No Confidence at thursday night's meeting. Bell decided to over rule the democratic decision of giving them the boot!!

At the players meeting wednesday night, the management team heard a few home truth's. The players are now conferring with each other and it's now a situation of the 'management' V 'some of the players'. Complete lack of trust in the management team at present and the only way for progress will be under new leadership. Irrespective of who will get the job in 2010 they couldnt be much worse than what's already there.

Last Sunday cost the board approximately £10,000 between fines, travel expenses and food! the classic lifted £12,000. It's an absolute disgrace but the saga continues. As a geniune gael, im completely frustrated. I contribute to the supporter's club funds, as well as the new club down initiative and my hard earned cash is being used to cover the cost of certain people behaving very irresponsibly!! It pains me to say but our county board are letting them away with it so I guess they deserve everything they get, it's a political minefield!!

Out in Front

Quote from: marsbarkid on May 25, 2009, 05:23:49 PM
Quote from: Out in Front on May 25, 2009, 12:21:55 AM
Friday May 29 (7.30pm)
ACFL Division 4

Sunday May 31 (2pm)
ACFL Division 4

Monday June 1 (7.30pm)
ACFL Division 4

Cheers Out in Front, Bit harsh on Dromara having to play 2 days in a row, how come their Series 8 match v Mitchels is on sunday instead of friday night?

My error marsbarkid - it's Friday and Monday Dromara play (both at 7.30pm) - Sunday May 31 was the next line in the fixtures...got a bit mixed up.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: gaahead2008 on May 26, 2009, 12:15:16 AM
Kilcoo V Burren:Mid Down Gael - what sort of game was it?

On another note, Unfortunately the down management are still in place despite an overwhelming vote of No Confidence at thursday night's meeting. Bell decided to over rule the democratic decision of giving them the boot!!

At the players meeting wednesday night, the management team heard a few home truth's. The players are now conferring with each other and it's now a situation of the 'management' V 'some of the players'. Complete lack of trust in the management team at present and the only way for progress will be under new leadership. Irrespective of who will get the job in 2010 they couldnt be much worse than what's already there.

Last Sunday cost the board approximately £10,000 between fines, travel expenses and food! the classic lifted £12,000. It's an absolute disgrace but the saga continues. As a geniune gael, im completely frustrated. I contribute to the supporter's club funds, as well as the new club down initiative and my hard earned cash is being used to cover the cost of certain people behaving very irresponsibly!! It pains me to say but our county board are letting them away with it so I guess they deserve everything they get, it's a political minefield!!

Was a very entertaining game considering it rained throughout. Very fast fotball and the play was end to end. Kilcoo had 14 men for 45 minutes of the game loosing a player to a straight red but Burren failed to use their extra man to their advantage. Leo Smith done his best to spoil it.