Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superstar

Quote from: supersub on May 19, 2009, 06:11:12 PM
are the minor games still on this evening does anyone know?

Clann na Banna v Loughinisland has been postponed
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

superblues

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on May 19, 2009, 01:46:35 PM
Ive seen the Bridge a few times this season and on a number of occasions I thought they were sailing a bit close to the wind (1/2 point wins etc against reputedly weaker teams). So when they were ambushed by the Town I wasnt surprised - it was only a matter of time. Of course the Bridge were missing some key players but isnt every team at this time of the year for one reason or another? And the surface was in an awful state but didnt the Town play on it as well? And with a poor Bridge defensive display throughout the game, the long ball in eventually found its way into the Bridge net to leave a margin of 6 in it with little time left.

So not a lot left to blame except the ref???. I agree the ref wasnt at his usual best but conditions were difficult for him too. Letting the game flow is often applauded and on a number of ocassions I noticed the ref do just that - for eg, taking account of the conditions, the efforts being made to put a toe to the ball, the opposing players possibly fouling actions etc etc  - letting the play go on so that the game wasnt ruined by continuous stoppages. And that happened for both sides.

I think its a disgrace to attack the ref in the manner that he has been on this forum and Im sure its not reflective of the general attitude of the Bridge club. At the end of the day, 6 points is a comprehensive defeat & its no use blaming the ref. Thats the sort of stuff you hear on the go-games circuit for 7 & 8 year old!
was talking to a few castlewellan boys after the match and they could not believe some off the refs decisions

Bitta-Banter

Ballymartin 1-9 Darragh Cross 1-11

dundroma

Dundrum 0:5 4:15 Ardglass.
Referee played second half very sort.
Conditions very slippy.
Good luck to both teams in the future.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: dundrumite on May 19, 2009, 04:12:22 PM
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on May 19, 2009, 11:00:06 AM
Quote from: supersub on May 19, 2009, 02:28:58 AM
Bryansford 0-11
Rostrevor 1-9

We were very lucky to win this to be honest, although we did keep trying to play even when losing by 2 in injury time. Bryansford had been at least a point in front from about 25th min until the death and were hard done by with such a late goal, but thats football! Game wasn't the best, Conor Mackin scored a few good points for us and Timmy Hanna caught some good ball at midfield for the ford. The goal was a hopeful long ball from around the 45 which might have been touched by one of our men slightly although it was hard to see, and dropped right under the keep and into the net, literally the last kick! Bryansford are a useful side and they were still missing their county men. We were missing our 2 plus adrian mackin which was a big loss upfront. Suprised at the Bridge's defeat.

Thought our full back gave an immense display last night - and he could not even make the under 21 panel!!
Good game and good to see con reynolds letting the game flow for both teams.

Who was your fullback Spirit?

Brian King - ex College All Star

DownFanatic

Lecale2

Hurling results-

Bredagh 1-11 1-13 Ballela
Shamrocks 3-16 1-3 Warrenpoint
Kilclief 3-9 1-18 Ballycran

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: dundroma on May 19, 2009, 09:28:38 PM

What competition was this game in?

Square Ball

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on May 21, 2009, 01:49:12 AM
Quote from: dundroma on May 19, 2009, 09:28:38 PM

What competition was this game in?

Minor I think
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

cloneman

Does any of our Loughinisland posters know if your reserve match is on this weekend.  I think we are supposed to play you in this round of fixtures but it our match wasn't in the Irish News and the dates aren't on the county website?

Cheers

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Blue Island

Quote from: cloneman on May 21, 2009, 08:32:49 PM
Does any of our Loughinisland posters know if your reserve match is on this weekend.  I think we are supposed to play you in this round of fixtures but it our match wasn't in the Irish News and the dates aren't on the county website?

Cheers

Unless things have changed today, we were told the reseve match against yourselves is on on this weekend. Don't have the times of the match yet though.

TheClutch

Down SFL Division 1
Rostrevor V Burren  Rostrevor
Longstone V Saval  Longstone 
Clonduff V Mayobridge Mayobridge
Kilcoo V Bryansford  Kilcoo
Liatriom V Loughinisland Liatroim 
Castlewellan V Warrenpoint Castlewellan   

Down SFL Division 2
Carryduff V Atticall  Attical
Downpatrick V Shamrocks Downpatrick 
Darragh Cross V Ballyholland Ballyholland   
An Riocht V Ballymartin An Riocht 
Annaclone V Kilclief Annaclone   
Clann na Banna V Glasdrumman Clann na Banna   

Down SFL Division 3
Glenn V St Pauls Glenn 
Drumaness V Ardglass Ardglass   
Dundrum V St Johns Dundrum   
Teconnaught V Aghaderg Teconnaught 
?Saul V Agharderg? Aghaderg fielding two teams? However if Saul play Bredagh, i tip Bredagh
Tullylish V Drumgath  Tullylish

Down SFL Division 4
St John Bosco  Dromara Bosco
Mitchels  BallykinlarMitchels   
Bright  St Michaels St Michaels
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)