Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Jaysus SOUTHDOWN I thought you were dead!!!

8mins to go Longstone winning by 2!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

D4S

Wasn't at the match, in work here.

Longstone 2-8
Loughinisland 1-7

Good to get another 2 points, heard it was a very poor game.  Stevie Doran + Ryan Kelly were the goalscorers!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: D4S on May 18, 2009, 08:37:26 PM

Longstone 2-8
Loughinisland 1-7

Good to get another 2 points, heard it was a very poor game.

Jesus Loughinisland are going bad for a team who reached championship final last year. Rock bottom now with no points out of six games.

D4S

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 18, 2009, 08:40:42 PM

Longstone 2-8
Loughinisland 1-7

Jesus Loughinisland are going bad for a team who reached championship final last year. Rock bottom now with no points out of six.

Can't really remember that well but who did Loughinisland beat to get to the final last year?  Was it Burren in the semis? Who was it in the 1st round + quarter final?  In fairness to them they've had no Dan Gordon or the 2 O'Reillys for most of those 6 league games so far. Key players!

No1

QuoteInteresting to see Kilclief turning over the RGU, NO 1 did yous end up having the amount of players missing you thought you would have in your earlier post???

Aye, the seven boys went to the soccer so it was a good oul result for us.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: D4S on May 18, 2009, 08:44:29 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 18, 2009, 08:40:42 PM

Longstone 2-8
Loughinisland 1-7

Jesus Loughinisland are going bad for a team who reached championship final last year. Rock bottom now with no points out of six.

Can't really remember that well but who did Loughinisland beat to get to the final last year?  Was it Burren in the semis? Who was it in the 1st round + quarter final?  In fairness to them they've had no Dan Gordon or the 2 O'Reillys for most of those 6 league games so far. Key players!

They beat Rostrevor in round 1, Downpatrick in quarter final and Burren in simi. They could do with getting some league points are they will be in trouble.

BRIDGE LAD

Bridge beat tonight by 5 in the end! Town deserved winners, Eugene OHare the ref was an absolute disgrace! Worst bit of refereeing seen in a long time! He even got the score wrong at one stage. This man is not fit to referee senior games, could not keep up with play, balls lifted clean off the ground and him standing in front looking on! I know alot of them were looking more high profile games but keep the half decent ones for Division one games, thats the reason they never got them before!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on May 18, 2009, 09:37:48 PM
Bridge beat tonight by 5 in the end! Town deserved winners, Eugene OHare the ref was an absolute disgrace! Worst bit of refereeing seen in a long time! He even got the score wrong at one stage. This man is not fit to referee senior games, could not keep up with play, balls lifted clean off the ground and him standing in front looking on! I know alot of them were looking more high profile games but keep the half decent ones for Division one games, thats the reason they never got them before!

Where the Bridge many missing? Eugene OHare has a reputation for leaning to the town every time he referees them.I agree, a woeful referee.

DownFanatic

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on May 18, 2009, 09:37:48 PM

Those grapes seem to be of the sour variety Bridge Lad.  8)

Downpatrick beat Glasdrumman 0-10 to 0-08 tonight in Division 2.

Any word on the Ford and Rostrevor game?

Mid Down Gael

Rostrevor beat Bryansford by a point.

BRIDGE LAD

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah not sour grapes mate, he was really bad, as i said Town deserved to win, the bridge werent good, they were only missing six tonight!  :P :P
But seriously that man is a disgrace! Somebody should be there to see these guys!

thegael

Well I must say they must go now at once.

Their managerial standing is at zero and not shaking hands at the end - it is not what we are about in Down - a county of once great standing.

The paid club circuit i feel would avoid them like the plague too - oh county board do it quickly and get rid of them now !!!

We must act now and organise an emergency county board meeting and get all the club reps there too and put the vote of no confidence in as quickly as possible - they should have no back door!

Our county has been brought into disrepute by the non shaking of hands and wait for the news spinners putting it out that quietly marty has been rung and all is well now!!!Send the duo back to the ex-county players drinking circuit where we are all new best friends and drink all night long !

It is in our power to sack them now do it quickly!

the gael takes no prisoners!

qub la la la

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 18, 2009, 10:12:54 PM
Rostrevor beat Bryansford by a point.

i heard bryansford were winning by two when with the last kick eamon mcconville kicked the ball into the square and the 'ford keeper let the ball in through his legs to give rostrevor a one point win. Bryansford full forward then reminded the keeper that he was "the worst in the county".

T O Hare

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on May 18, 2009, 10:28:05 PM

[/quote]

Nah not sour grapes mate, he was really bad, as i said Town deserved to win, the bridge werent good, they were only missing six tonight!  :P :P
But seriously that man is a disgrace! Somebody should be there to see these guys!
[/quote]

The Bridge were winning with ten to go and i felt we were well in with a shout but for some blatant refereeing decisions by that tube eugene.. Its annoys me that  he has the same surname as me.. :-[.. I have never seen a more blatant performance by a referee and that includes Declan Moores semi-final in 2000!!!!!!!
Bridge lad-From our starting 15 we were missing Liam Coulter, Gavin Barry, Conor Garvey, John Caldwell, Ronan Sexton, Noel Sexton, Eoghan Woods and Benny Coulter :o :o :o

Darren Fegan played well in midfield for us while Mickey Walsh had a great game on the 40!!! He must have scored 5 or 6 points for us!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

supersub

Bryansford 0-11
Rostrevor 1-9

We were very lucky to win this to be honest, although we did keep trying to play even when losing by 2 in injury time. Bryansford had been at least a point in front from about 25th min until the death and were hard done by with such a late goal, but thats football! Game wasn't the best, Conor Mackin scored a few good points for us and Timmy Hanna caught some good ball at midfield for the ford. The goal was a hopeful long ball from around the 45 which might have been touched by one of our men slightly although it was hard to see, and dropped right under the keep and into the net, literally the last kick! Bryansford are a useful side and they were still missing their county men. We were missing our 2 plus adrian mackin which was a big loss upfront. Suprised at the Bridge's defeat.