Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Onlooker

Quote from: wobbller on May 05, 2009, 05:49:06 PM
Plenty of talk of yesterday's heartbreak on the main page.The worst kick in the proverbials I've witnessed in a long time.
It would have been a great boost leading up to Fermanagh but it may make us all the more determined.Any of our local posters
make the journey?I drew the short straw and ended up  driving 4 appachees that had today off work .We got to Newry at 11.30pm.
I just left them there.

Watching the Under 21 Final yesterday, I could not believe that Cork got another injury time goal when 2 points behind just as they did against Tipperary in the Munster Final.  Talk about a re-run of a horror movie.  I know how Down people feel as I felt the same watching the Munster Final.  Cork must have used up all their luck for about 10 years in winning this Under 21 title, as Dublin threw away the semi final as well. 

supersub

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 05, 2009, 10:29:33 PM
Quote from: supersub on May 05, 2009, 10:27:38 PM
rostrevors grip on the minor championships seems to be slipping badly!!

I'd say they've let go of it.

same thing

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: supersub on May 06, 2009, 10:28:10 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on May 05, 2009, 10:29:33 PM
Quote from: supersub on May 05, 2009, 10:27:38 PM
rostrevors grip on the minor championships seems to be slipping badly!!

I'd say they've let go of it.

same thing

They gave it a good run, what was it, 3 or 4 years in a row? surely that is some kind of record? to have a conveyor belt of talent like that year after year, loosing players becasue they are overage makes it more remarkable than winning 3 or 4 senior championships in a row.it had to end sometime though.

T O Hare

Has the draw for the next round of the minor championship been made yet?????
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

DownFanatic

Page 7 of the Irish News today there is an article on the dedication and blessing of our pitch in the memory of the late Jack Kielty.

Square Ball

Quote from: T O Hare on May 06, 2009, 01:04:46 PM
Has the draw for the next round of the minor championship been made yet?????

the draw is to be held next Wednesday with the games on the first Tuesday in June

Lecale2

Does anybody know what happened during the Ballela/Shamrocks match last night?

Whitehair?

Dannymcfella

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

PM me any queries

Whitehair

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 07, 2009, 01:40:41 PM
Does anybody know what happened during the Ballela/Shamrocks match last night?

Whitehair?

::) I'll PM you, don't want to be sayin too much at the minute.

Mid Down Gael

Thur night results

Clonduff 1-6 Bryansford 1-8

Loughinisland where defeated by Rostrevor by 6 points.

supersub

L'island 0-6 Rostrevor 0-12

poor enough match, rostrevor never really looked like losing it after the first 5 mins against quite an under strength island team. conditions were awful especially for a period in the first half, but credit to both teams for battling it out in such bad weather!

Square Ball

Square Ball

here we go,

Friday 08th May 2009
Down SFL Division 1
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Mayobridge  0-9 0-8 Liatriom  Mayobridge Round 5 
Down SFL Division 3
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Dundrum  3-15 1-7 Aghaderg  Dundrum Round 5