Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

lol. its funny because only me and u get it DF. I'm going to have some job explaining that one! ;D

DownFanatic

Quote from: Minus15 on April 20, 2009, 11:50:54 PM
lol. its funny because only me and u get it DF. I'm going to have some job explaining that one! ;D
:o

general

no doubt ul have a good stab at it  ;)

T O Hare

Bridge were too strong, too fit and too skilful for the Magpies tonight, in truth the scoreline flattered them, we should have won by twice the margin.. We still have a lot of work to do but two away victories out of two aint bad...
Ps Mickey Walsh is playing the best football i have seen him play in years ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

DownFanatic

Quote from: T O Hare on April 21, 2009, 12:51:54 AM
Bridge were too strong, too fit and too skilful for the Magpies tonight, in truth the scoreline flattered them, we should have won by twice the margin.. We still have a lot of work to do but two away victories out of two aint bad...
Ps Mickey Walsh is playing the best football i have seen him play in years ;)

I dont think it will be too long before Walsh and some others get the call from Ross to join the Championship squad. There are a few boys on the fringes of the panel at the moment who id say are on borrowed time. There could be a mini clearout after the League final methinks.

Pangurban

Well done Aughnaslafin, you have earned a deserve a bit of success, the beginning of better days for you

Superstar

Congratulations on the win for all concerned with Aughlisnafin, was with a few people from a few different clubs on Easter sunday chatting about football in general, and everyone agreed that the dedication within your club must be huge, to come out and train week in and week out without getting a win. I hope its the first of many.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

amallon

Kilcoo 3-4 v Mayobridge 2-12 (SFL)
Mayobridge travelled to Kilcoo to take on the reigning league champions and delivered an emphatic message that Mayobridge are still the team to beat in Down football.  Mayobridge started brightly with a Cathal Magee point in the first minute before Michael Walsh got on the end of a slick Mayobridge move to finish to the net three minutes later.  When Noel Sexton pointed a free on eight minutes everything was looking rosy for the sky blues but this was soon shattered when Gary McEvoy scored a Kilcoo goal in the tenth minute.  Points from Benny Coulter and Ryan Brady got the Bridge ship back on track before a pointed free and a goal from Down under 21 star Paul Devlin gave the Bridge something to think about.  For the remainder of the half Mayobridge pilled on the pressure with two Michael Walsh frees, a Noel Sexton free and a Ryan Brady point from play resulting whilst Kilcoo only managed a Conor Laverty free in reply.  At half time the score read Kilcoo 2-2 Mayobridge 1-8

Early in the second half replacement keeper Sheelin Stain pulled of a great save to deny Conor Laverty a certain goal, Noel Sexton hit another free and in the sixth minute John Quinn hit over a superb long range effort.  On ten minutes Ronan Sexton brilliantly fielded a Kilcoo kick out and after the ball had moved through the hands of Benny Coulter, Adrian Barry, Ryan Brady and Ronan Sexton, Michael Walsh was on hand to finish a great move which was worth the admission price alone.  Noel Sexton scored a point in the sixteenth minute and a minute later Kilcoo were awarded a penalty which Conor Laverty tucked calmly away to register Kilcoo's first score of the half.  Kilcoo scored from a free in the twenty third minute, but Michael Walsh replied with a free of his own almost immediately.  A point near the end for Kilcoo finished the scoring on what was a very impressive away win.  It must be remembered that Owen Roe park has yielded very few rewards for the Mayobridge  Senior team and before last years win it could be six or seven years since our last win there.  All involved in tonight's performance can take a lot of credit from this result.  Next up Loughinisland away.

Team & Scorers: Liam Coulter, Gavin Barry, Brendan Grant, Shane O'Hare, Kieran O'Hare, Conor Garvey, Micheal Lively, Benny Coulter (0-1), Eoghan Woods, Ryan Brady (0-2), Michael Walsh (2-3), Noel Sexton (0-4), Ronan Sexton, Cathal Magee (0-1), John Quinn (0-1)

Subs used: Sheelin Strain for Liam Coulter, Ronan O'Hare for Benny Coulter and Adrian Barry for Kieran O'Hare
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Downgael2008

Quote from: thewobbler on April 20, 2009, 09:44:32 PM
Harps were played off the field by An Riocht tonight. Ballyholland were very disappointing - nobody put their stamp on the game at all. But I was well impressed with the Kingdom - they looked a bit more physical and determined than in recent years.

The ref (I can't recall his name) was a disgrace. We had the same man in the reserves a few weeks and he obviously doesn't like yellow shirts.

Out of interest wobbler was John Clarke playing, if so how did he go ?

By the way well done to the finn great to see a small club putting a lot of work in which they have over the last few years and getting some reward  !!
Division 1 2013 --> The Finn v The Town  :P     Never say never !!

thewobbler

Clarke played well, and was involved in most of Kingdom's scores, taking about 5 or 6 for himself. He missed a couple of frees, whcih was surprising, but he looked sharp.

gerdy

outside of mccommiskey and peter fitz will any more of the u21s be called up 2 the senior panel

No1

Draw between Kilclief and Darragh was a fair enough result last night. 

I have to say the standard of refereeing so far this year has been absolute f**king gash.

No fixtures in today's IN for the EDRFL this week, can anyone confirm if this is correct?  Wouldn't mind a Sunday on the beer!!

passedit

Quote from: No1 on April 21, 2009, 04:19:53 PM

I have to say the standard of refereeing so far this year has been absolute f**king gash.

No fixtures in today's IN for the EDRFL this week, can anyone confirm if this is correct?  Wouldn't mind a Sunday on the beer!!

Quoile Tile & Bathroom Centre
Date Sunday 19th April Time 7.00pm   
   Section A1         
   Round.Four         
   Teconnaught   v   Castlewellan   J Killen
   Liatroim   v   Bryansford   G brannigan
   Kilcoo      v   Dundrum   S Lowey
   Drumaness   v   St. John's   M Davey
   Section A2         
   Round.Four         
   Ardglass   v   Bredagh   M Lynch
   St. Paul's   v   Bright      E Mulvenna
   Kilclief   v   Darragh Cross   M Curran
   Carryduff   v   Saul ( 5.00pm)   K O' Brien

Appears they were sent out with the wrong date on, which is, I assume, why the IN didn't carry them.
Don't Panic

dundrumite

Quote from: passedit on April 20, 2009, 10:16:30 PM
Was chatting to a neutral who was at the game who reckoned Mc Comiskey was excellent and that the Dundrum Keeper gave the worst exhibition he'd ever seen.  :o

Bit harsh there. In fairness to him being doing nets for our underage teams for number of years and can honestly say seen him make very very few mistakes, so pity he is getting slated on an internet forum, such is the nature of the technological revolution  :o

Bitta-Banter

Quote from: No1 on April 21, 2009, 04:19:53 PM

Just as Darragh drew level with a goal, the stage was set for an exciting finish,however the referee had other ideas and blew the game up two minutes early.Both fans and players were angry.Personally i think the ref bottled having to make any big decisions in the remaining 5 mins as he ought to have played some injury time.Think he reckoned both teams would be happy with the draw.At that stage I think Darragh looked more likely to win as theyre tales were up havin got level,however Kilclief had been on top up till that point.