Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

Passedit
Not saying PMcC had a stinker by any means (in fact he is a class act to watch) just nnoting that he didn't shine the way I would have expected him to and have seen him do in the past and credit for that goes to the close marking he received.   

DownFanatic

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on April 20, 2009, 10:21:29 PM
Passedit
Not saying PMcC had a stinker by any means (in fact he is a class act to watch) just nnoting that he didn't shine the way I would have expected him to and have seen him do in the past and credit for that goes to the close marking he received.   

He had a good 1st half when he scored 3 from play and 1 free. He seemed to tire in the 2nd half which was obviously a result of him having just played 4 games in 8 days.

marsbarkid

Lads i have waited a long time to make my 1st post but the day has FINALLY arrived for me. We (Aughlisnafin) got our 1st competitive win in 4 years tonight in a hard fought 0-10 - 1-4 victory over Ballykinlar!! Onwards + upwards from here. Have 2 say as well the referee was excellent.

Square Ball

Quote from: marsbarkid on April 20, 2009, 10:29:33 PM
Lads i have waited a long time to make my 1st post but the day has FINALLY arrived for me. We (Aughlisnafin) got our 1st competitive win in 4 years tonight in a hard fought 0-10 - 1-4 victory over Ballykinlar!! Onwards + upwards from here. Have 2 say as well the referee was excellent.

Fair play to all there, to keep it going this long without a win must be appluaded
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mid Down Gael

Brilliant. great to see it. well done the mighty finn.

Minus15

Quote from: mournerambler on April 20, 2009, 10:17:20 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on April 20, 2009, 10:03:49 PM
5 teams in the playoffs onion bag? this year there is automatic promotion for first place and 2nd play third for place in league final.
Not true minus, the way I believe it to be is that whoever finishes top of Division 3 goes into the league final with 2nd & 3rd playing of to see who joins them in the league decider.
The winner of the league final is the only team to be promoted from Division 3.

My mistake mournerambler. just checked this and you are spot on!

DownFanatic

Great to see. A big up also goes to my Dundrum club mate Philly McGrattan who is jointly in charge of the Finn this year. Congrats.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 20, 2009, 10:34:41 PM

Great to see. A big up also goes to my Dundrum club mate Philly McGrattan who is jointly in charge of the Finn this year. Congrats.

fairplay

passedit

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on April 20, 2009, 10:40:47 PM

fairplay

well done,ye'll know how far ye've progressed when people stop patronising and start bitchin about ye. ;)

Also, have ye not already beaten the boys from the barracks last year?
Don't Panic

gorm agus bui

Excellent news for the Finn. Long time coming but everyone in Down Football will be delighted.

general

well played tonight Minus15, musta had super juice in ya b4 the game?  congrats to the finn, un wards and up words

Minus15

Quote from: general on April 20, 2009, 10:47:10 PM
well played tonight Minus15, musta had super juice in ya b4 the game?  congrats to the finn, un wards and up words
you didn't play too bad yourself general. did you forget to eat your dyslexia cookies after the game?

marsbarkid

Quote from: passedit on April 20, 2009, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on April 20, 2009, 10:40:47 PM

fairplay

well done,ye'll know how far ye've progressed when people stop patronising and start bitchin about ye. ;)

Also, have ye not already beaten the boys from the barracks last year?
We drew with Ballykinlar once last season and last beat them around august 2005, that has been our only league points gained since reformation (6 years ago) until tonight.   ;D

general

DownFanatic

Quote from: general on April 20, 2009, 10:47:10 PM

From what Im hearing Minus is the cornerstone of this newly improved Glenn team. Pundits have dubbed him the 'new Seamie McGuinness.'  ;D