Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: downman on April 15, 2009, 07:33:35 PM
cheers forget me. il just sit patiently and wait for the result. has the makings of a cracking game

DownMan

someone has posted on another thread that they are showing it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Whitehair

ACHL Div1

Ballela 1.17 Warrenpoint 1.9

Any other scores?

Dubh driocht

I hear Armagh have the wind in the second half - not looking good , but Mc Comiskey can turn a game if he's close to goal.
For those interested, payola is indeed pay-out, which could be used to buy a Spanish fish-dish , Dodgy Umpire is on his own in enjoying the food (probably in the Michael Collins)and it will be interesting to see the Bookie's interpretation of 'winning' division 3

Forgot me Boots

No problem DD, I was just wondering as you mention in your post that Dodgy was half way to Payola that you and he were halfers, or you are him in disguise?   ;) ;)

wobbller

Down won by a point with a goal in the last minute

DownFanatic

This win means that all U-21's wont be able to play in Friday night's League openers id say.

THE DADGA

ACHL DIV2

BALLYVARLEY 3-11 CASTLEWELLAN 2-7

EITHER CASTLEWELLAN OR CLONDUFF TO WIN THE LEAGUE??? :D

I'LL NOT BE HOLDING MY BREATH!!!

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Forgot me Boots on April 15, 2009, 09:17:27 PM
No problem DD, I was just wondering as you mention in your post that Dodgy was half way to Payola that you and he were halfers, or you are him in disguise?   ;) ;)

nah, i would be the better footballer   ;)

Quote from: Forgot me Boots on April 15, 2009, 06:43:05 PM

what is the craic with the word Payola? are you waiting on the Ulster for a double DD, do they have to beat Tipp first or do the bookies pay out as they finished top of the table? are you and Dodgy Umpire halfers on the bet?

yes big dan needs to lead us to the anglo celt before i get a penny
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: dodgy umpire on April 15, 2009, 10:21:39 PM
Quote from: Forgot me Boots on April 15, 2009, 09:17:27 PM

nah, i would be the better footballer   ;)

Quote from: Forgot me Boots on April 15, 2009, 06:43:05 PM

what is the craic with the word Payola? are you waiting on the Ulster for a double DD, do they have to beat Tipp first or do the bookies pay out as they finished top of the table? are you and Dodgy Umpire halfers on the bet?

yes big dan needs to lead us to the anglo celt before i get a penny

Where did you do the bet?? They might sting you on the related contingency rule...  :(

Square Ball

[/quote]

Where did you do the bet?? They might sting you on the related contingency rule...  :(
[/quote]

?

The Worker

Well Done to the U21's 2nite, some end to the game!  Poland was outstanding throughout!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Square Ball on April 15, 2009, 10:27:27 PM

[/quote]

?

[/quote]

The outcome of one event that would make the outcome of a future event (done together in a bet) more likely...

Therefore Down topping the league would make them more likely to win the Ulster...

So instead of getting a double on the leage price and the championship price, bookies would offer you a special double price...

This is why you cant do doubles/trebles on United to win the League/Cup/Champs League, you need to get a special accumulated price (smaller than the double/treble would pay)

Think this was first shown after Brian Lara first came to England and watever team he joined won all round them and people were expecting to get paid out on the accums for the team to win all the comps but they only got paid out on a special odds... Or like Ronaldo top scorer in the world cup and brazil to win in 2002, think many bookies had to get cases settled as people had mistakenly done this bet as a double instead of a special double price...

mournerambler

Not sure if the question has been asked before but was just wondering does anyone know the reason why the U21's play in the yellow jersey?

Mourne Rover

Tonight was one of those nights which make you proud to be a Down man. We looked a beaten side at half-time, with Armagh hitting  two goals and having a strong wind behind them in the second half. However, we got off to a good start, with two excellent points from play, and really began to take control.

Our defence was sound under the dropping ball, and the pace of our half backs was probably decisive. Magee was strong at midfield but Fitzpatrick was absolutely outstanding. A couple of his points from the right wing, into the gale, broke Armagh hearts, although we have already seen him do something similar for Down seniors. There was a touch of Ambrose senior about him, and I cannot put it more highly than that.

The forwards coped with a limited supply, with Maginn running himself into the ground and McComiskey, while tightly marked, always a threat. Our goal  was a piece of poetry, with a quick break followed by a long ball to either O'Reilly or Devlin and a neat pass to the onrunning Poland before the net bulged.

The ref signalled two extra minutes and stuck to them exactly, which surprised me. It's a bit tough to be facing an AI semi within three days,  but there is great momentum behind this squad and they will not be lacking in self belief.

Square Ball

Is the semi on Saturday or Sunday?