Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: illdecide on April 09, 2009, 12:59:10 PM
Thanks there chief...I take it we go past Clonduff's pitch and head out that road??? It is onlt 5 miles from Hilltown to the junction of the Castlewellan/Dublin Road??? I assume that junction your refeering to is before that main junction???

Your getting completley round about and wrong directions. from Rathfriland dont turn for hilltown, go straight for Castlewellan. Kilcoo is 4 mile from rathfriland exactly between it and Castlewellan on main Dublin Road. When entering village the road to pitch is on left hand side about 1/4 mile from church.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on April 09, 2009, 12:59:10 PM
Thanks there chief...I take it we go past Clonduff's pitch and head out that road??? It is onlt 5 miles from Hilltown to the junction of the Castlewellan/Dublin Road??? I assume that junction your refeering to is before that main junction???

head east from rathfriland and follow the smell

amallon

Mid Down Gael's diections are spot on.  illdecide let us know how you get on and especially if there is any boxing done.  ;)  ;D
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

illdecide

Quote from: amallon on April 09, 2009, 01:40:07 PM
Mid Down Gael's diections are spot on.  illdecide let us know how you get on and especially if there is any boxing done.  ;)  ;D

I better still have my front teeth tomorrow morning...you know what yoy Down hoors are like :P Near as bad as them Tyronies savages...lol

I think that road to the left before St Mary's church/chapel is called "Bannfield Road"??? would that be right?  I have a software package on the PC here that tells me this info but it just doesn't know ant GAA (Hoors) :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

OK lads i found it...Thru the village past St Malachy's church and take next left (Moyadd cotages) and continue down that lane for 350m and pitch is on left...Thanks lads...Kilcoo by 12pts :P

DownFanatic

Sorry to bring my old chesnut up again but I do believe Loughinisland have delved into the transfer market once again.

Now Island Boy/Blue Island, correct me if im wrong, but is the Conor Megoran listed as a Loughinisland player for the Down U-17 trials not the Conor Megoran who has been starring for Drumaness underage teams for the past 5 or 6 years?

Blue Island

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 09, 2009, 02:43:52 PM
Sorry to bring my old chesnut up again but I do believe Loughinisland have delved into the transfer market once again.

Now Island Boy/Blue Island, correct me if im wrong, but is the Conor Megoran listed as a Loughinisland player for the Down U-17 trials not the Conor Megoran who has been starring for Drumaness underage teams for the past 5 or 6 years?

You don't miss a trick DownFanatic.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Blue Island on April 09, 2009, 03:59:08 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on April 09, 2009, 02:43:52 PM

You don't miss a trick DownFanatic.

You's never fail to disappoint me.

Minus15

It's near time for Down Fanatic to post up a div 3 preview. usually a good read. no pressure! ;D

DownFanatic

Quote from: Minus15 on April 09, 2009, 05:20:58 PM
It's near time for Down Fanatic to post up a div 3 preview. usually a good read. no pressure! ;D

Don't think it will be happening this year Minus. Theres no need. Theres only one team going up and thats Glenn. No need for previews and predictions  :D

illdecide

Lads after all that sh1t the match has been called off due to a water logged pitch :'(

5 Sams

Team for Sunday

1       Brendan McVeigh
2       Ciaran McGovern
3       Aidan Carr
4       Luke Howard
5       Damian Rafferty
6       Conor Garvey
7       Declan Rooney
8       Peter Fitzpatrick
9       Stephen Kearney     
10      Brendan McArdle
11      John Boyle
12      Daniel Hughes
13      Brendan Coulter 
14      Ronan Murtagh
15      Paul McCumiskey
The Aristocrat Years

supersub

anyone heard anything about the possibilty that the senior league won't start next friday as planned?

Superstar

Neevr heard anything bout senior leagues being put off, ne reasons????

Totally differnt subject -take from the main page if any of you are interested:

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

Many thanks, i hope we can look forward to youre support.

If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

gaahead2008

Depending on how the U21's do on wednesday in the ulster final, the first games of the league may be starred......

the leagues will begin next week as planned.