Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Revised fixtures issued by Sean Rooney today.

Square Ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 07, 2009, 04:01:40 PM
Revised fixtures issued by Sean Rooney today.

do you have them Lecale? if so can you e-mail me them?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

sabhallphadraig

At this stage, the only fixtures sent out have been the Div 1 & 2 ACFL, ACPRL 1 & 2 & ACHL 1&2. Apparently, ACFL 3 & 4 will be sent out also asap

Opening games (April 17th) are:

ACFL Div 1
Clonduff      v      Castlewellan   
Saval              v      Loughinisland   
Longstone      v      Liatroim   
Burren      v      Bryansford   
Rostrevor      v      Kilcoo   
Mayobridge      v      Warrenpoint   

ACFL Div 2
Darragh Cross   v      Clann na Banna
Shamrocks      v      Kilclief
Downpatrick   v      Annaclone
Attical      v      Ballymartin
Carryduff      v      An Riocht
Ballyholland      v      Glasdrumman

behind the wire

Quote from: amallon on February 07, 2009, 12:15:32 AM
Highlights of Tipp v Down from Thurles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0j67qz0xpU

Well done to Ballyholland tonight in the South Down Scór semi finals the went through in four or five competitions as winners and another couple as runner up.  The look to have assembled a crack quiz team too!

now now aidan, none of those mind games on here. id say mayobridge quiz team wont be far away come the final.

definitely a great performance by ballyholland, they bring a big crowd of supporters with them too. seems like a lot of effort goes in.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

umpire

TG4 Today (Sunday)
17.40 to 18.10
GAA @ 125 BLIAIN

GAA in 1960s, which saw Down become the first Northern team to lifted the Sam Maguire Cup

NedFlanders

Any opinions on how the county will do next sat? Or how the leagues will fair out this season?

Dubh driocht

I think the Louth game will be a tight one.We were lucky to get the win in Drogheda last year and were well beat the year before.Down had no answer to your man Paddy Keenan although I'm not sure if he's fit and I hear Darren Clarke is out,
Would like to see the Joe Ireland that played against Tyrone rather than the one who played against Queens.With all respect for effort, Jackie is not county standard but hopefully the defence will be a stronger with the injured men coming back along with Luke Howard.Plenty of options up front so the 6 in form should cause them bother.
Critical game for both counties- pity it wasn't under lights !

5 Sams

Quote from: Dubh driocht on February 08, 2009, 10:55:44 PM
I think the Louth game will be a tight one.We were lucky to get the win in Drogheda last year and were well beat the year before.Down had no answer to your man Paddy Keenan although I'm not sure if he's fit and I hear Darren Clarke is out,
Would like to see the Joe Ireland that played against Tyrone rather than the one who played against Queens.With all respect for effort, Jackie is not county standard but hopefully the defence will be a stronger with the injured men coming back along with Luke Howard.Plenty of options up front so the 6 in form should cause them bother.
Critical game for both counties- pity it wasn't under lights !

It better be cos it starts at half 7!!
The Aristocrat Years

bredaghgael86

Just looking at the fixtures for our hurlers in div 1 for this year.  Are these confirmed, or subject to change?  Far be it for me to seem like im complaining, but we only have 1 home game in the first half of the season, and the first three weeks we are down the ards.  I knw we have to play them all eventually, (well thats the plan, but in this league its not a definite), but it does seem odd of the way it has turned out.  This wouldnt have anything to do with teams not wanting to travel to belfast?  Anyway, how do people see the leagues going this year?  I also think our footballers will have enough to go up this year. Hopefully anyway.  ny other predictions for both codes?

downredblack

Not good news -

Down pair could miss entire season
10 February 2009

Down boss Ross Carr has received troubling news for his side's Ulster championship campaign this summer, after it emerged that Mourne pair Liam Doyle and Ambrose Rogers could well miss the entire season.

Doyle, who has been a key player for Down in recent seasons at centre-back, is recovering from surgery on damaged knee ligaments and continues to attend rehab, while Rogers, who was just starting to shine for the Mourne County as an impact sub, is sidelined with the ruptured spleen he picked up in last year's championship defeat to Wexford.

Carr has also had other injury woes to try and contend with since the start of his side's National League campaign last Sunday week.

"There are a few struggling to make the championship," said Carr.

"We have Dan Gordon, Liam Doyle, Ambrose Rogers, Paul McComiskey and Declan Rooney all out injured.

"They would have been seen as championship starters. Darren O'Hanlon and Eoin McCartan are still a wee bit off as well.

"Liam Doyle, Ambrose Rogers and Darren O'Hanlon are our three long-term casualties."

YogiBear

Heard yesterday that an ex-Antrim county player has joined Burren.  Apparently lives with his girlfriend down there now, wondering has anyone else heard this?

Brick Tamlin

away and stir sh*t somewhere else or at least come up with some new material.

johnneycool

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on February 09, 2009, 10:04:32 PM
Just looking at the fixtures for our hurlers in div 1 for this year.  Are these confirmed, or subject to change?  Far be it for me to seem like im complaining, but we only have 1 home game in the first half of the season, and the first three weeks we are down the ards.  I knw we have to play them all eventually, (well thats the plan, but in this league its not a definite), but it does seem odd of the way it has turned out.  This wouldnt have anything to do with teams not wanting to travel to belfast?  Anyway, how do people see the leagues going this year?  I also think our footballers will have enough to go up this year. Hopefully anyway.  ny other predictions for both codes?

Both our teams in the leagues seem to have a reasonable smattering of home/away fixtures the first few rounds or so probably because if one's at home the other has to be away so I'd say we've no complaints there. I also see that the leagues are better spread out over the year, well that seems to be the plan whereas last year a lot of our lads lad little or no hurling during the height of summer.

don't know if anyone has issues around going to Cherryvale as we've a fair smattering of players who either work or live in Belfast and it's probably handier for them than home fixtures.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: YogiBear on February 11, 2009, 10:57:50 AM
Heard yesterday that an ex-Antrim county player has joined Burren.  Apparently lives with his girlfriend down there now, wondering has anyone else heard this?

heard it all before, i suppose its mcgourty is it? yawwwwwwwn.