Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

St Marys won by 4 after extra time. Bryansford didnt field against Castlewellan in B competition.

DaUmpire

McKenna Cup

Wednesday's semi-finals

Down play Queen's - Wed Night 7.30 Paric Esler

Armagh face Donegal.

off the laces

When is Down GAA powers that be going to face up to the reailty that no one is going to travel from the Ards to Newry to watch a County HURLING match, i feel it is time to say we tried but its just not happening so we are going back to Portaferry/Ballycran!!!!!!!
According to the IN only 47 spectators there yesterday, there is more at a div 4 league game.
Keeps 'er' straight

johnneycool

Quote from: off the laces on January 19, 2009, 08:58:23 AM
When is Down GAA powers that be going to face up to the reailty that no one is going to travel from the Ards to Newry to watch a County HURLING match, i feel it is time to say we tried but its just not happening so we are going back to Portaferry/Ballycran!!!!!!!
According to the IN only 47 spectators there yesterday, there is more at a div 4 league game.

With the crap weather over the weekend do you think 47 would even have turned up at Portaferry or Ballycran to watch a skeleton squad play DIT, I'd doubt it, there'll be bigger games over in the Ards very shortly and I'll bet you know there won't be as many at them as there's at a Feile final.

islandboy

Leo you let yourself down by your comments on bundy.  Won a National league at 18 years of age with down in 83, was a replacement all star on one occassion and was nominated for an all star 4 years in a row- when was the last time down even had a nomination? benny is one of best in ireland yet has never received a nomination. Just tells you how good he was at county level.

Top scorer in ireland one year when down only got to the ulster final-
if anyone either watched him play there was a buzz in the cowd when he got the ball as he was a scoring machine.

Lecale2

When will the fixtures be published?

The Corporal

Taken from the Mckenna Cup thread:

From An DĂșn website down.gaa.ie

Gaelic Life Dr McKenna Cup: Down v Queens Thur 7.30 pm Newry
  Date : 18/01/2009 22:59

Down will take on Queens University Belfast on Thursday Night at 7.30pm in Pairc Esler, Newry in the Dr McKenna Cup Semi Final.

The match was originally fixed for Wed night but Down boss Ross Carr agreed to change the match to Thursday night as Queens would have been missing upwards to 12 of their starting team due to exams.

goldenyears

Quote from: islandboy on January 19, 2009, 09:47:39 AM
Leo you let yourself down by your comments on bundy.  Won a National league at 18 years of age with down in 83, was a replacement all star on one occassion and was nominated for an all star 4 years in a row- when was the last time down even had a nomination? benny is one of best in ireland yet has never received a nomination. Just tells you how good he was at county level.

definitely very strange that Benny hasnt had an allstar nomination and I thought Dan should have been nominated last year. I suspect the crash v wexford ended our all star nomination chances!

5 Sams

Quote from: goldenyears on January 19, 2009, 02:07:33 PM
Quote from: islandboy on January 19, 2009, 09:47:39 AM

definitely very strange that Benny hasnt had an allstar nomination and I thought Dan should have been nominated last year. I suspect the crash v wexford ended our all star nomination chances!

Last All Star nominee we had was Shane Mulholland....yes...it WAS that long ago!
The Aristocrat Years

NedFlanders

I agree with you Leo, that team and formation would cause any team in ireland trouble, but unlike us Ross cant see that, but why can he not, we're just fans, he's the flippin county manager. And for him to tell JC not to come back for missing one training session is a disgrace, for a number of reasons, 1) NO team should be training before January, 2) He had given Carr a reason and notice that he wouldn't be there, disgrace,  its stunts like this that make me feel he hasn't got he best intrest of the county at heart, if he keeps dropping our top performers, JC was great for us in the McKenna cup and Championship last season and for Carr to drop him just doesn't make any sense, and its nit just JC were talking about. Alegdley one night after training before a match, Carr placed a drinking ban on the team, but insisted that the team go out for a meal in a hotel, he offered the players a drink, James Colgan said yes,  and a few hours later Carr text him telling him he was off the team, everyone involved ion the management of the team is  two-faced, most notably Carr and DJ, Carr seems to have a problem with Kingdom men  :-\

NedFlanders

behind the wire

here lad i dont know how right or wrong any of that is but if you are going to make allegations and deride people like that you should do more than sign it ned flanders. makes you sound like an eejit with a chip on the shoulder and too be honest we have a few too many of these on here at present.

its a bit cheap to register on here and have a go at someone after 3 posts and expect it to be treated with any respectability.

rant over.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

lfdown2

Quote from: NedFlanders on January 19, 2009, 05:33:32 PM
I agree with you Leo, that team and formation would cause any team in ireland trouble, but unlike us Ross cant see that, but why can he not, we're just fans, he's the flippin county manager. And for him to tell JC not to come back for missing one training session is a disgrace, for a number of reasons, 1) NO team should be training before January, 2) He had given Carr a reason and notice that he wouldn't be there, disgrace,  its stunts like this that make me feel he hasn't got he best intrest of the county at heart, if he keeps dropping our top performers, JC was great for us in the McKenna cup and Championship last season and for Carr to drop him just doesn't make any sense, and its nit just JC were talking about. One night after training before a match, Carr placed a drinking ban on the team, but insisted that the team go out for a meal in a hotel, he offered the players a drink, James Colgan said yes,  and a few hours later Carr text him telling him he was off the team, everyone involved ion the management of the team is a two-faced rat, most notably Carr and DJ, Carr seems to have a problem with Kingdom men so don't pencil any plays on putting brendy on your starting 15 just yet, Thursdays along Way away.   :-\

NedFlanders

::) ::)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: NedFlanders on January 19, 2009, 05:33:32 PM
I agree with you Leo, that team and formation would cause any team in ireland trouble, but unlike us Ross cant see that, but why can he not, we're just fans, he's the flippin county manager. And for him to tell JC not to come back for missing one training session is a disgrace, for a number of reasons, 1) NO team should be training before January, 2) He had given Carr a reason and notice that he wouldn't be there, disgrace,  its stunts like this that make me feel he hasn't got he best intrest of the county at heart, if he keeps dropping our top performers, JC was great for us in the McKenna cup and Championship last season and for Carr to drop him just doesn't make any sense, and its nit just JC were talking about. One night after training before a match, Carr placed a drinking ban on the team, but insisted that the team go out for a meal in a hotel, he offered the players a drink, James Colgan said yes,  and a few hours later Carr text him telling him he was off the team, everyone involved ion the management of the team is a two-faced rat, most notably Carr and DJ, Carr seems to have a problem with Kingdom men so don't pencil any plays on putting brendy on your starting 15 just yet, Thursdays along Way away.   :-\

NedFlanders

And all of this is gospel yes?? You wouldnt be from the kingdom would you Ned?

NedFlanders

Im only telling you what ive been told and know to my knowledge! And i can have a go if i want, everyones entitled to there say  ;) And no, im not a kingdom man!

gorm agus bui

Quote from: NedFlanders on January 19, 2009, 08:02:59 PM
Im only telling you what ive been told and know to my knowledge! And i can have a go if i want, everyones entitled to there say  ;) And no, im not a kingdom man!
Everyone is entitled to their say but the story about Colgan is not 100% accurate from what several county players told me at the time.