Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Open yer eyes Man

Last update at 4.11 on Down website says its is still on.

It may change, so keep an eye on it.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 14, 2009, 05:54:12 PM

Does anyone know if its on any radio station tonight? pondering here weather to go. its only half an hour fron newry according to google maps.

western exile

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 14, 2009, 05:59:21 PM
Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on January 14, 2009, 05:54:12 PM

Does anyone know if its on any radio station tonight? pondering here weather to go. its only half an hour fron newry according to google maps.
I was just listening to five fm and no mention of football.  They were advertising Susan McCann on from 7pm to 9pm

Downgael2008

you should thank your lucky stars its not on 5 fm, coverage is awful.. I switched on 1 day and it was enough some fella s on commentating and reviewing games and they wouldnt know if a football was round or square..

DaUmpire

From BBC Sport Website

Monaghan 1-12 1-9 Down  

Thomas Freeman scored Monaghan's goal against Down
Holders and Section B leaders Down suffered a three-point defeat at the hands of Monaghan in the Gaelic Life McKenna Cup on Wednesday night.

A Thomas Freeman penalty after six minutes boosted Monaghan and helped them to a 1-7 to 0-3 lead at half-time.

Down, who had previously beaten Tyrone and St Mary's, got their goal deep into stoppage-time through Conor Garvey.

It was Monaghan's first win of the cup campaign and they now face Tyrone in Omagh on Sunday.

Mourne Rover

My maths may be a bit dodgy, but I reckon that unless one side or the other wins the Tyrone/Monaghan game by a huge margin, we are already practically guaranteed to top the section on scoring average. If so, it looks like a semi away to Armagh next Wednesday. Can anyone confirm this ?

T O Hare

Down were a shadow of the team that played on Sunday, all we wanted to do was fist pass and any time we kicked  the ball was misplaced... Down played with The two Magees as a two man full forawrd line with Benny as an extra half forward, Monaghan were happy to let benny recieve ball in midfield with his back to goal, We coukld have exploited Monaghan with Benny at Full-forward and quick early ball.. Our defenders think they are Pat Spillane coming out of defence... can we just not kick the ball 50 yards out of danger!!!!
Inniskeen is an unbelievable set-up, three floodlight prunty pitches with stands at two of the pitches. Our scoring average looks good so if Armagh get at least a point against Cavan then we play them next Wednesday.. ::) :'(
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

edendorkgael

EDENDORK ST MALACHY'S GAC                     
                                           presents

"COUNTDOWN TO CROKER"

AN EVENING OF CHAT & DEBATE ON THE HOT TOPICS OF THE GAA

Would you like to be the new owner of this future greyhound champion?

Get along to the Glenavon House Hotel, Cookstown, on Friday January 23rd, when Edendork St Malachys GAC will host a gala chat evening 'Countdown To Croker' featuring Tyrone and Dublin legends from the '95 final. The greyhound pup is just one of the many items which will be auctioned on the big night, proceeds going towards the rebuilding of Edendork clubhouse, destroyed in an arson attack. Above, Austin Kelly, Edendork GFC, receives the pup from Peter Bayne (representing Mr Paddy Owens, who donated the pup). Also pictured is well known greyhound personality Mr Brenden Gervin who has kindly agreed to look after the pup.
The pup is three and a half months old and is a son of leading sire Ningbo Jack. His mother is from the much sought after breeding line of Staplers Jo and has already thrown winners in her previous two litters.
Anyone wishing to place a bid for the pup should telephone
07841 927437.

corn02

Quote from: T O Hare on January 15, 2009, 02:33:16 AM

Inniskeen is an unbelievable set-up, three floodlight prunty pitches with stands at two of the pitches. Our scoring average looks good so if Armagh get at least a point against Cavan then we play them next Wednesday.. ::) :'(

Certainly one of the best club set-ups I have seen, much of a crowd?

T O Hare

Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2009, 10:06:06 AM

i would have thought between 1500 and 2000, where does Inniskeen get the money?
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

corn02

Quote from: T O Hare on January 15, 2009, 12:08:34 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2009, 10:06:06 AM

i would have thought between 1500 and 2000, where does Inniskeen get the money?

They sold their old ground for massive bucks to a property developer.

Brick Tamlin

On another note altogether some of the whingers on here might be interested to know that Ronan Murtagh has rejoined the panel again and has resumed training.. Storm in a teacup over, nothing to see here, move along please.

Mourne Rover

Brick Tamlin, I think every Down supporter would like to see a fit and focused Ronan Murtagh in our panel. The problem is that his performances in five of the six championship matches he started last summer were poor. He hit a few scores against a dreadful Offaly side, but had the proverbial nightmare when we really needed him against Wexford and made little impact elsewhere. He would need to improve significantly if he is to make the first 15.

goldenyears

Mourne rover, I disagree completely. Ronan at 60% is twice the player of most of those playing mckenna cup right now. There will definitely be a starting position for ronan come summer!

Name me 6 forwards in down better than him

gaahead2008

Quote from: goldenyears on January 15, 2009, 07:28:23 PM
Mourne rover, I disagree completely. Ronan at 60% is twice the player of most of those playing mckenna cup right now. There will definitely be a starting position for ronan come summer!

Name me 6 forwards in down better than him

1 coulter
2 mccomiskey
3 walsh
4 ambrose
5 sexton
6 aidan burns

not that hard to name 6 good forwards from within the county who would push murtagh for place.

he's worth a place on the panel - hope the season goes well for him (am sure the rest of the spicer's will be glad to have him back :D :D :D :D)