Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaUmpire

Quote from: Leo on January 06, 2009, 11:50:57 AM
Clarke is a very versatile player and would definitely be in my panel.
Agree with Leo,Clarke can play a number of positions and adds depth to the squad which is what we need at this moment given the long term injuries we have.

???Cant understand why micky walsh aint getting a chance, plyd well last year for da bridge deserves another chance with the county
Dont rate jackie lynch at all, trys his best but aint mobile enough for county football.Also id give ciaran Brannigan of bford a run out, ino he small but looking at the mckenna cup squad, think he'd do better than some otr boys if the was given the chance.

New Down website looks good wasnt able to make game on sunday and the first place i found the result was on the down website, hats off to the people who are loking after it now, although more up to date photos wouldnt go a miss.

goldenyears

lads, i wouldnt read too much into some of the more known players being left off the panel at this stage as I know for a fact that Ross has agreed to give some lads personal programmes to follow, but really they have been given time off to re charge the batteries - if they feel they can give 100% come NFL time, then they will be drafted back in; if the appetite has gone then they wont be brought back in

the big omission for me has to me micky walsh but it seems that current mgt dont fancy him.....

thegael

How Mickey Walsh is not on is unreal.They, the management  obviously have a grudge against him and they haven't the man management skills to deal with him which is a real pity.
Down need him.The guy is real quality not unlike Shane Mulholland and Greg Blaney  great vision and more.

the gael takes no prisoners!

Mourne Rover

The Gael is among our most entertaining contributors and mentioning Shane Mulholland and Greg Blaney in the same breath is one of his best yet. Mulholland was a talented young forward who failed to deliver on his early potential at county level, and his Down career was effectively over within three years. Blaney was among our best players of all time, and maintained his high standards across 18 seasons at senior level,winning All Ireland and Alll Stars along the way. Michael Walsh is still well capable of playing county football, but his last few displays were ordinary and it is reasonable to look at other options for the time being.

wobbller

Is Mickey Walsh working around home as a teacher or is he still in England?

dodgy umpire

Quote from: guevara on January 05, 2009, 10:33:44 PM

Ok the fella enjoys a night out with his mates  who the f**k doesnt! Ive seen Benny out in far worse states than Ive ever seen Murtagh. Yes Benny delivers at County but if nights out effect Ronny then they must effect Benny too.

he must have cut them out , looks far leaner, can any bridge men shed light on the new look?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

bridgegael

Quote from: wobbller on January 06, 2009, 09:05:58 PM
Is Mickey Walsh working around home as a teacher or is he still in England?

Michael has just recently opened his own physiotherapy practice in warrenpoint. has been home for well over a year now.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mid Down Gael

The treatment of Michael Walsh and more recently John Clarke is a disgrace. These men are as good as we have in Down. I also think Mayobridge people dont appreciate Walshs contribution to their clubs successes. I have seen him in the past two years in championship finals and in ulster and he along with benny and Gavin Barry where the reason for them winning the last two finals against the stone and loughinisland. We need our best players representing Down. He is our best option at number 11 and Benny plays better when he is at the recieving end of his accurate pin point passes. swallow your pride Ross.

wobbller

Rules are Rules! Mickey doesn't like rules other than his own.

the milkman

Quote from: dodgy umpire on January 06, 2009, 09:11:19 PM
Quote from: guevara on January 05, 2009, 10:33:44 PM

Ok the fella enjoys a night out with his mates  who the f**k doesnt! Ive seen Benny out in far worse states than Ive ever seen Murtagh. Yes Benny delivers at County but if nights out effect Ronny then they must effect Benny too.

he must have cut them out , looks far leaner, can any bridge men shed light on the new look?

Yeah i was thinking that myself on sunday, he looked to be in great shape!

Open yer eyes Man

Is that Benny on the front page of the Down website?

He definately looks in good shape (not so sure about the hat though  :))

gaahead2008

john clarke has been a scapegoat in the county over the last 12 months, his performances in the league where excellent - playing some of the best football of his career - he was in great shape.
john will tell you himself that the management gave him a hard time last season, particularly over his committment to his club. it seems this season again things havent improved.

wobbler - im shocked at your comments about michael walsh - ive watched the lad over the last number of years like most down fans. one of the most committed there is.
This year he done great work with mayobrdiges minors - they put our club out duing the championship and the young fellas traniing under him had a great respect for him.
his efforts for mayobridge seniors have been as good as there is in down - coulter relies on the high quality ball that is delivered to him by walsh.

mid down gael - you hit the nail on the head - PRIDE!!   it seems ross's pride is more important than down football!!

bredaghgael

Condolescenes to Ardglass GAC and the family of Marty Ross who passed away today.May he rest in Peace!

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: bredaghgael on January 06, 2009, 10:45:08 PM
 Condolescenes to Ardglass GAC and the family of Marty Ross who passed away today.May he rest in Peace!

Jez, thats a shock.  Had he not been well?

A decent lad and a great character.  RIP

gorm agus bui

Absolute gentleman. Knew him well. Great lad and a great footballer in his time.
May he rest in peace.
Codolences to his family and to everyone in Ardglass.