Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: thewobbler on December 15, 2008, 08:23:11 PM
The new website is a distinct visual improvement, but I hope that this is only the start of the launch process. There's too many kinks in it for my looking.

Bad start already.  I looked in the fixtures and results section knowing there was a game played yesterday.  No fixture - no result

Burren beat Clonduff in the U.20 Championship semi final, yet our 'NEW' county website can post a result.

It may be a new website but some things never change.   ::)

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: rosskarr on December 15, 2008, 09:14:05 PM
Quote from: Open yer eyes Man on December 15, 2008, 08:55:43 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 15, 2008, 08:23:11 PM
The new website is a distinct visual improvement, but I hope that this is only the start of the launch process. There's too many kinks in it for my looking.

Bad start already.  I looked in the fixtures and results section knowing there was a game played yesterday.  No fixture - no result

Burren beat Clonduff in the U.20 Championship semi final, yet our 'NEW' county website can post a result.

It may be a new website but some things never change.   ::)

It can or it can't ??? ???  Give the people or whover a chance to get up and running.The Convention was on yesterday and  that was an all day affair.It might be that it is  up to the individual Clubs or Referee to put up the result from what I hear of the new system.

Have you looked at it yet?  The only result on the website from games played yesterday was the Cross/Ballinderry - I don't think either of these is a Down team.   ???

Other articles include clubs notes from a few clubs, County Convention, the MacRory quarter final draw and something about Paddy Kielty - all which are good and a major improvement on the last site.

But why no forum for Down fans to have an opinion?  Are we not allowed to have a say or possibly this would mean someone having to 'police' this section of the websitea nd I don't mean the Down PRO who I am sure has set up this website himself.

But not updating results isn't a great start.

Square Ball

as someone has already stated give it a chance and see what happens, is it up to the clubs to text in the results? did they do that? we dont know what the procedures are so we shouldn't be apportioning blame

I think they are trying to cram too much into the main page, too much going on.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

milltown row

so what clubs were putting across thinly veiled threats about referees abusing kids during games to get them to reduce suspensions?

is this for real?

Square Ball

Quote from: milltown row on December 15, 2008, 10:17:41 PM
so what clubs were putting across thinly veiled threats about referees abusing kids during games to get them to reduce suspensions?

is this for real?

whats that about MR?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Open yer eyes Man

is this for real?

Not sure where this has come from.  Never heard a mention of it before.

I am prepared to give the website time but can't see why Down haven't gone with the tried and tested method used by other counties to provide up-to-date results from club games.  I have heard of a text service where referees send the results of game and they are automatically uploaded to the website.  What would be wrong with this?

Open yer eyes Man

I know PJ Quinn mentioned it at convention but thats the first I had heard of it.

milltown row

page 92 in the Sunday Life, Down County Secretary PJ quinn claimed this at the county Convention

rosskarr

Quote from: milltown row on December 15, 2008, 10:35:27 PM
page 92 in the Sunday Life, Down County Secretary PJ quinn claimed this at the county Convention
PJ is Secretary of the Referees Committee.You may want some of our Club spies to spill the beans on this.

Open yer eyes Man

is this for real?

If this is really is happening, then the clubs should be named and shamed.

milltown row

2 clubs apparently, but no offical complaint was made. shocking, when ya think about it

Open yer eyes Man

I'm not sure about what the complaint was against these referees.

Were these referees accused of 'child abuse' or what were these 'veiled threats'?

Trevor Hill

I hate to be critical but the new website looks terrible, its gone from bad to worse.

thewobbler

Open yer eyes man, it wouldn't be a good idea for a message board on the Down site. These things require moderation, and Down GAA just wouldn't have the resources to actively moderate it.

It only takes one slanderous comment for a forum like that to get closed down, so it ain't worth your while building one.

T O Hare

Did anyone see the yearbook yet!!!
Its really well presented..
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"