Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

I must say cracking jersey. It wont bring you the success of yesteryear, but at least it will evoke memories.  :P

Johnnie99

Quote from: Square Ball on December 07, 2008, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: maldini on December 07, 2008, 09:25:15 PM
any truth that shane king and ciaran brannigan were playing for bryansford 3rds today in the league final against st johns?

surely these players arent eligible for 3rds football?

what was the score?

Bryansford won with a couple of late goals in an evenly contested game, Shane king was playing but ciaran brannigan wasnt.  Gerard Mccrickard playing also.

Leo

Quote from: T O Hare on December 04, 2008, 01:01:20 AM
After watching season ticket about Tyrone tonight, it struck me how far Down are behind.. Down need Club Down back quickly and innotative administrators onto the county board to sort out the mess !!!!
Far from getting Club Down back I hear the county are re-launching the old patrons scheme. That has to be a joke, like going back to changing behind the ditch because you weren't the ones who built the changing rooms.
Fierce tame altogether

T O Hare

Quote from: Leo on December 08, 2008, 02:08:33 PM
After watching season ticket about Tyrone tonight, it struck me how far Down are behind.. Down need Club Down back quickly and innotative administrators onto the county board to sort out the mess !!!!
Far from getting Club Down back I hear the county are re-launching the old patrons scheme. That has to be a joke, like going back to changing behind the ditch because you weren't the ones who built the changing rooms.

Patron scheme- whats that Leo? must have been before my time!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

An Cloch Scoilte

O'Hare, you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Defacing property in our club, with slanderous (sp??) comments on the club poem!!! Tut tut!!! ;D ;D ;D

By the way!!  Liatroim Fontenoys................oldest club in Down!!!!! ;)

Leo

Quote from: T O Hare on December 08, 2008, 02:43:27 PM
Quote from: Leo on December 08, 2008, 02:08:33 PM
County Board ran Patrons fund, collecting an annual donation from those who would contribute and giving f.a. in return. I didn't get as much as an acknowledgment.

Patron scheme- whats that Leo? must have been before my time!!!
Fierce tame altogether

T O Hare

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on December 08, 2008, 03:38:42 PM

Defacing property in our club, with slanderous (sp??) comments on the club poem!!! Tut tut!!! ;D ;D ;D

Will Mo Mac ever forgive me????:D ;D ;)
PS-The minutes of the Central Council of the GAA record that on 30th April 1888, an application for affiliation was received from St Patrick's Mayobridge County Down. The acceptance of that application makes the club the oldest registered GAA club in the county.
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

lfdown2

Quote from: T O Hare on December 08, 2008, 04:36:14 PM
Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on December 08, 2008, 03:38:42 PM

Will Mo Mac ever forgive me????:D ;D ;)
The minutes of the Central Council of the GAA record that on 30th April 1888, an application for affiliation was received from St Patrick's Mayobridge County Down. The acceptance of that application makes the club the oldest registered GAA club in the county.
ps-

yes go on...

dodgy umpire

imagine, lost by three, disapointing as we have a strong side, didnt get seeing the game though as i was away. have kilcoo in kilcoo on sunday. carryduff beat drumaness and are a good outfit.  its a pity st.pauls are unable to field, would have thought you would have a pool of players u20, am i mistaken in thinking you won the u16 b champ about four years ago?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Square Ball

Quote from: imagine on December 08, 2008, 09:21:05 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on December 08, 2008, 07:40:52 PM
imagine, lost by three, disapointing as we have a strong side, didnt get seeing the game though as i was away. have kilcoo in kilcoo on sunday. carryduff beat drumaness and are a good outfit.  its a pity st.pauls are unable to field, would have thought you would have a pool of players u20, am i mistaken in thinking you won the u16 b champ about four years ago?
Sorry I thought you would have been playing yourself.We won the East Down U-16 B four years ago beating you in a replay but real life and its attractions,etc has depleted that group as it is  today?

I think we had 5 players on yesterdays game that played in that final, probably the same story in a lot of clubs
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Quote from: rosskarr on December 09, 2008, 10:43:07 AM
  Any chance of the proposal going through on Sunday as regards promotion/relegation?

I think it will pass. Most players and officials are pissed off with the length of the season and the current play of system.

Open yer eyes Man

Taken from County Convention Booklet 2008 on Down Website

PROPOSALS FOR RE-STRUCTURING OF DOWN ADULT FOOTBALL LEAGUES
Having been asked by the County Committee to bring to County Convention a proposal
for the restructuring of the adult football leagues in the county, the County Competitions
Committee are recommending that Divisions One and Two comprise of 10 teams each
and that Divisions Three and Four comprise of 12 teams each.
Because most county panelists come from clubs in the top two Divisions (and hence it is
these clubs who are most affected by the 'starred' system) and the fact that most 'dual'
clubs are in these Divisions, the committee believe that the interests of Gaelic Games in
the county would best be served by this arrangement, which should initially be tested on a
two year trial basis.
This will place less demands on the 'dual' player as the committee recognises that current
demands make it much more difficult to play both Gaelic Football and Hurling.
In each of the four Divisions the club that finishes in first place after the ordinary round
stages will play in a league final. In Divisions 2-4 inclusive this team will be
automatically promoted. The clubs finishing in second and third places after the ordinary
round stages of the league will play each other in a league semi-final, with the winner
progressing to the league final (and being promoted in Divisions 2-4 inclusive).
The club that finishes bottom of Divisions 1-3 inclusive will be automatically relegated.
The clubs finishing second from bottom and third from bottom in Divisions 1-3 inclusive
will play-off, with the loser being relegated.
** The winner of the Premier Reserve Football League will play in Division 4 the
following season. At the end of the season, this team will revert back to the Premier
Reserve Football League and their place will be taken in Division Four the following
season by the new Premier Reserve champions. In the event of the Premier Reserve team
winning Division 4 (or contesting the final) they will not be promoted and the other
promotion spot will go to the next highest placed team in the league. Irrespective how
the Premier Reserve team fares in Division Four, they will still revert back to the Premier
Reserve League the following season.
The advantages for the proposed system are as follows;
· It will reduce the number of 'starred' games, especially in Divisions One and
Two, and hence mean that more players will be available for club games;
· It will mean a reduction in the number of occasions that clubs, especially in
Divisions One and Two, may be required to play two games per week;
· It will give the CCC more flexibility in arranging both league and championship
fixtures
· It will ease the burden on the majority of 'dual' players;
· It will provide more flexibility to county team panelists and to county team
managers.
· It will bring an end to the 30% rule
· It will bring an end to the end of season play-offs (apart from one game at the top
of all four Divisions and at the bottom of three Divisions)
The County Competitions Control Committee are recommending this structural change to
County Convention and, if accepted for the trial period as outlined above, deem it
appropriate for the incoming County Committee to determine the mechanism by which
this change is brought about.
"" The Premier Reserve club competing in Division Four will only be necessary as long
as 43 clubs continue to compete in the All-County Leagues. In the event of Killyleagh
rejoining, or the County Committee accepting the formation of a new club, this will not
be necessary.
Brian Mac Fhiobhui (Cathaoirleach CCC)
Sean O Ruanaidh (Runai CCC)

SQUAREBALL

Sounds like a great solution......especially with the 30% rule being abandoned

off the laces

When will it come in, it would hardly be forced in for next season, would it?
Keeps 'er' straight

amallon

The premier reserve league winners going into division 4 might be a problem.  Seconds games are usually on a Sunday, if they are forced to play on a Friday night there will be a good number of lads who will get no football.  An allowance should be made that the premier reserve league winners get to play their Div4 games on a Sunday.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.