Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on December 03, 2008, 02:50:39 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on December 02, 2008, 04:35:44 PM
I am not getting a dig at Jerry. i just dont think it should be left to one man...

Unfortuante reacton from Mayobridge to the 5FM story. I thought it was an over reatcion personally.

What was the reaction? Link?

corn02

Was there not something in the local paper from Jerry after Maypbride took issue at a comment he made? The Bridge boys will know better. I could be off target here.

The Corporal

Which clubs are looking for new management for next year? Any rumors on who's taking who?

bridgegael

Quote from: corn02 on December 03, 2008, 03:01:07 PM
Was there not something in the local paper from Jerry after Maypbride took issue at a comment he made? The Bridge boys will know better. I could be off target here.

Mayobridge GAC had nothing to do with what jerry was referring to.  there were complaints made to five fm during commentary of the count final about comments made.  maybe it was someone from the 'bridge but not the club.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Superstar

Quote from: Downgael2008 on December 02, 2008, 06:38:38 PM
his view on championship? conor garvey is not a good choice at midfield. What about that murphy lad from ballyholland. Also is it for all championships or just senior?

Was all three championships, there was lads on from St Johns and Annaclone.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

Downgael2008

Quote from: The Corporal on December 03, 2008, 04:24:36 PM
Which clubs are looking for new management for next year? Any rumors on who's taking who?

Bryansford are looking a new manager and according to Gaelic Life on Friday St Johns Bosco Newry !! Rumours today are that stephen poucher (Burren Trainer) was appointed an riocht manager ? Anyone confirm?

dundrumite

Just doing bit of snopping and I see Downpatrick were beaten by Eirrigal in the 1993 Ulster club final. Does anybody have any idea of the score?

T O Hare

After watching season ticket about Tyrone tonight, it struck me how far Down are behind.. Down need Club Down back quickly and innotative administrators onto the county board to sort out the mess !!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Maiden1

Quote from: dundrumite on December 03, 2008, 09:57:28 PM
Just doing bit of snopping and I see Downpatrick were beaten by Eirrigal in the 1993 Ulster club final. Does anybody have any idea of the score?

Think they lost by a couple of goals.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

corn02

Quote from: bridgegael on December 03, 2008, 07:17:37 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 03, 2008, 03:01:07 PM

Mayobridge GAC had nothing to do with what jerry was referring to.  there were complaints made to five fm during commentary of the count final about comments made.  maybe it was someone from the 'bridge but not the club.

Fair enough, suppose someone was offended, bit harsh I thought.

dodgy umpire

heard dan gordon will take part in a charity boxing match around 28th december in castlewellen, a south down sinn fein fund raiser or something. anyone heard anything about this?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Pangurban

More likely an Aughnaslafin G.A.C. fundraiser, they run these tournaments every few months featuring celebrities and local characters

islandboy

Dodgy umpire- heard he was not fighting at all.

Lecale2

I can confirm that it's the actor Dan Gordon, not the footballer.

He is boxing Sean Og McAteer while dressed as Red Hand Luke in a find raiser for Aughlisnafin.

Leo

Quote from: T O Hare on December 04, 2008, 01:01:20 AM
After watching season ticket about Tyrone tonight, it struck me how far Down are behind.. Down need Club Down back quickly and innotative administrators onto the county board to sort out the mess !!!!

Quite agree.
I understand that Club Down was initially formed for one job - Park Esler - and stepped down when that job was done but I am totally amazed that the county didn't move heaven and earth to keep them and apply them to other aspects of the county's needs.
It is typical of Down that the best thing to happen in the county recently (outside of an All-Ireland win) was allowed to wither away.
The Club Down boys are precisely the sort of administrators we need.
Fierce tame altogether