Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: thegael on November 26, 2008, 08:27:33 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 26, 2008, 09:07:58 AM
There used to be a Down discussion thread over here.

the gael remembers the day when newry had gaa clubs and they tried to win trophies  - now they have drinking clubs and they are all trying to win X FACTOR trophies !

god help the gaa in down now when one of our centres of population are only interested in drinking and  X factor type competitions especially the ones who are outside of newry ballyholland social club formerly a gaa club!!

the gael takes no prisoners!

Away back to Primary school dickhead
The Aristocrat Years

T O Hare

Fao the gael, what club are you from???
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

off the laces

Quote from: T O Hare on November 27, 2008, 01:30:51 AM
It has to be an after school club... ;D ;D
Keeps 'er' straight

thegael

well well the bridge men rallying around b/holland it is amazing all these x factor clubs looking out for each other.and guess what they put great efforts into videos and websites oh they are so modern and sophisticated but WHERE IS THEIR CHARACTER?

the bridge well what can one say county titles but never had the character to mount a challenge for ulster need a few big men with steel.

jackie's apostle mickey doesnt seem to have cut the ice  a tip for the bridge get a steady pair of hands in , cut out the x factor and try and create role models for your youth away from this mad carnival of drinking your club seems to be so proud of!

wobbller

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: T O Hare on November 27, 2008, 01:30:51 AM

Quote from: thegael on November 27, 2008, 09:06:47 AM
well well the bridge men rallying around b/holland it is amazing all these x factor clubs looking out for each other.and guess what they put great efforts into videos and websites oh they are so modern and sophisticated but WHERE IS THEIR CHARACTER?

the bridge well what can one say county titles but never had the character to mount a challenge for ulster need a few big men with steel.

jackie's apostle mickey doesnt seem to have cut the ice  a tip for the bridge get a steady pair of hands in , cut out the x factor and try and create role models for your youth away from this mad carnival of drinking your club seems to be so proud of!

Answer T O Hare's question Gael, what club are you?

Or maybe you don't have a club!

No one would have ya!! Slabber!!

thegael

i'm not going to delve into the gael's club let's leave it as a mourne club.

the gael is here to run an advice clinic - no club is without it's issues the gael is here to deal with those issues eg

b/holland - x factor  drinking issuse lack of will to succeed on the playing fied .the sophisticated" newry" club won 3 league games out of 22 recreational footballers ulster council running a course on that very soon!

fontinonys won 5 out of 22 and have major disiplinary issues to deal with and not brush under the carpet - the role model issue here , mentors as role model etcc..

the bridge - more energy put into websites etc.. best web site in ulster , their senior team lack of steel character need a new man in instead of burren belfast jackie's apostle miickie . a culture of drink carnivals all day drinking encouragement to carry on this tradition

'the cross - manager being slapped in bar after leading them to a final and max number of div 2 points . brushed under the carpet and the cowards getting off with it a bit like the issue in the past of overage players and so forth .

petty inter club rivalry used as a pretext for the advancement of hurling by damning great  gaa man pb with faint praise yes my sources tell me south down gallantly lost to nicky rackard finalists louth and that issuses of player welfare were hurling board issues .

the gael could on and will, so throw up to the gael all your problems and the gael's advice clinic will give you your answers.....

bredaghgael86

Quote from: thegael on November 26, 2008, 08:54:06 PM
the gael remembers the day when newry had gaa clubs and they tried to win trophies  - now they have drinking clubs and they are all trying to win X FACTOR trophies !

god help the gaa in down now when one of our centres of population are only interested in drinking and  X factor type competitions especially the ones who are outside of newry ballyholland social club formerly a gaa club!!

wobbler there is no need to take exception to this just go out and try and get your club back competing in sport not drinking and harmless fun for god sake man get a grip x factor holy smoke what is next!

i suppose  your club has accepted defeat in trying to progress in sport so as i said earlier yes as an example  ballyholland social not gaa club. i see ballyholland won only 3 games all year in the league the gael rests his case!

Ive figured out who thegael is.  He is batman's long suffering sidekick, Robin.  Holy smoke it took me a while, but got there in the end.  I thinik the problem have 'thegael', is that people dont want to listen to someone who isnt willing to back up their critisism with proof that they have it all together. i like you though. good craic.

Off The Fence

So what club are you from "the gael"

Should be "the muppet" more like

johnneycool

Quote from: Ballybredagh on November 25, 2008, 05:01:44 PM
Down Junior Hurling debate. There's no doubting Paddy B's commitment and integrity when it comes to Down hurling, but I believe that it wouldn't do any harm having a fresh face in the management Down Junior's management team, even if it meant Paddy acting as a mentor for this person and continuing to be involved as a co-manager.  I'd agree with my club colleague that there has to be a role for Ronan Sheehan, given his success with the Non-Ards minor teams over recent years (a number of the players from these teams have already made the step up to the Juniors and I'm sure a few more would come on board, including some of our own younger players, if Ronan was involved. The word "odd" comes to mind when it comes down to how these younger lads relate to strangers!).  Also, from what I've seen of JohnnyCool's postings, and if he is who I think he is, he would surely bring something to the table; so why not get JohnnyCool involved too.  Could you work with Paddy JC?

Paddy can be a strange brew and not condusive to other peoples opinions why may be contrary to his own, well that's how i find him anyway and if i am who you think I am ( 8) ) you'll also know that i have opinions on most things and ditto Ronan and IMO that wouldn't work especially now that the shamrocks have shown their hand on paddy's appointment.
This issue is also complicated by the fact that Paddy is a full time coach in Down and there may be ties in there to the junior job but once thegael does his fact finding we'll know for sure.

Brick Tamlin

thegael, whats your take on each of the top four teams in Division 2 this year. Also be interested to hear your views on Burren.

enlighten us all with your wisdom and wit.

its me again

i would also be interested on the gaels take on the league final

also the lack of representation from some top clubs on the county panel?

thegael

good morning brick and welcome to the clinic , as i am running against time here regarding other duties i will be short and  sweet on what you asked.

top 4 teams in down div 2  this year were warrenpoint, bryansford, annaclone and banbridge

warrenpoint-  i give them a good but could do better.
next year could tell a tale but fair dues to them.
at underage level i would worry about the scourge of soccer taking their players , but overall thay are getting it fair enough.

bryansford - walked the league basically and a well done to them . i must applaud their work at underage level and they seem to be getting it right.the newry clubs and downpatrick could learn from them as they are an urban type club.

annaclone- good club, managerial issues and commitee issues in relation to their ulster intermed involvement and the issue of trying to win matches in the appeals room, win it on the pitch boys. thay are a good club, great spirit essentially the gael salutes annaclone.

banbridge - great set up i salute them they are swimming against the tide and doing great. looking at their progress i give them my vote as club of the year. they could teach the newry clubs and downpatrick a few lessons.fantastic progress and not satisfied with not doing their best - great set up.

burren- a sleeping giant and great that their ex playing icons are back involved at underage level. their choice of manager from   "russia" left a lot to be desired , i'm sure that will be sorted for 09 season a new manager.
pity that they could not  adhere to the down parish rule though with mc cartans from saval parish playing for them and the othe rmc cartan  chap who lives in warrenpoint. that was quite sickening for a lot of down people in hindsight mayobridge would have been a better choice for the ex tullylish crew.!!
but overall burren are coming back and great to see it..

johnneycool

Steady on lads we're working the oracle too hard..

Bitta-Banter

Sounds like users are warming to 'the gael'.