Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

I wonder if thegael could advise the shamrocks on the best approach of removing Paddy Branniff from the Down junior management role?

bredaghgael86

Quote from: johnneycool on November 25, 2008, 12:59:34 PM
I wonder if thegael could advise the shamrocks on the best approach of removing Paddy Branniff from the Down junior management role?
???Im confused, why would they do that?  There was talk about this on the hoganstand place, some fella said there were a load of people opposing paddy getting the job fo another year. but didnt suggest who else could/would do it! or is the next in line gona be ronan sheehan following his good work with the minor b team?

behind the wire

whatever it is thegael is on i want some of it!

df/dundrumite, what did dundrum do on him?

he seems to have a problem with darragh as well. dont know what the reason is. i always thought darragh werent a bad crowd.

maybe he just has a problem with everybody?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

johnneycool

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on November 25, 2008, 01:22:09 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 25, 2008, 12:59:34 PM
???Im confused, why would they do that?  There was talk about this on the hoganstand place, some fella said there were a load of people opposing paddy getting the job fo another year. but didnt suggest who else could/would do it! or is the next in line gona be ronan sheehan following his good work with the minor b team?

now don't quote me on this  ;)  but I think the Newry delegate at the hurling board meeting wanted a search for a new manager for the juniors and a heated debate ensued with no resolution. i also don't think he was the only one to voice his concerns.

The next thing was that Paddy Branniff was ratified at the full county board meeting without a whimper. PB then boned the sons of the Newry delegate who are both on the junior panel about their Da not wanting him to manage the team with a frank exchange of vewpoints, so someone had been talking out of shop and it wasn't the Ballygalget delegate as he wasn't there that night.

It's all getting messy

thegael

johnycool  i am not too up to speed with the hurling scene but i am seeking out the facts and opinions of trusted advisors on this one.

in cases like these i would be concerned with the motivation of those involved even yourself and sometimes petty club vendettas can come into play as i am aware paddy braniff and you are club mates. i need more time to delve into this and will give my detailed  attention.

i will report back as soon as i have all the facts and will make judgement then and deal out my advice then.

the gael takes no prisoners!

Bitta-Banter

Quote from: behind the wire on November 25, 2008, 01:24:40 PM
whatever it is thegael is on i want some of it!

df/dundrumite, what did dundrum do on him?

he seems to have a problem with darragh as well. dont know what the reason is. i always thought darragh werent a bad crowd.

maybe he just has a problem with everybody?

I think hes just a twisted wee c*#!

johnneycool

Quote from: thegael on November 25, 2008, 01:51:47 PM
johnycool  i am not too up to speed with the hurling scene but i am seeking out the facts and opinions of trusted advisors on this one.

in cases like these i would be concerned with the motivation of those involved even yourself and sometimes petty club vendettas can come into play as i am aware paddy braniff and you are club mates. i need more time to delve into this and will give my detailed  attention.

i will report back as soon as i have all the facts and will make judgement then and deal out my advice then.

Like yourself thegael i only deal in facts and the points that I raise are all well know to someone in the 'inner circle'.
I have no axe to grind with PB, the Newry delegate or club but I do think the hurling board as an entity is useless and meaningless and the points that i raise only highlight that fact.

bredaghgael86

Was the use of the word 'boned' a typo? If it wasnt what does it mean? ive said it before, but its all very well saying pb shouldnt be in charge anymore or the like, but people cant stand up and say 'we dont want him' without having a suitable replacement.  I dont know of anyone who could do it, maybe you'd have a go yourself jonnycool?

johnneycool

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on November 25, 2008, 02:39:33 PM
Was the use of the word 'boned' a typo? If it wasnt what does it mean? ive said it before, but its all very well saying pb shouldnt be in charge anymore or the like, but people cant stand up and say 'we dont want him' without having a suitable replacement.  I dont know of anyone who could do it, maybe you'd have a go yourself jonnycool?

no boned wasn't a typo, it normally means to confront or the likes, you should maybe try 'boning' Danny hogg and see how you get on!!

TBH. I don't know an awful lot about what happens in the junior set up but from what I hear from people directly involved (not PB might i add) and it seems shambolic, i.e. no changing facilities at some of the places they train, physio's bench outside even in the dark and sometimes drizzle and the likes.
i don't think PB could be blamed for the likes of that, maybe he could be seen to be complicit by accepting such crap, but what I don't understand is that our reserves encounter a lot of good hurlers from the 'mainland' (f**k i hate that term!) who for whatever reason don't participate at junior level. Maybe they can't commit but there seems to be a fair smattering of disaffected players not in Paddy's clique. Our reserves are quite poor at the minute and they'd give our seniors far better games than this years club semi-final, so something is wrong!

Ballybredagh

Down Junior Hurling debate. There's no doubting Paddy B's commitment and integrity when it comes to Down hurling, but I believe that it wouldn't do any harm having a fresh face in the management Down Junior's management team, even if it meant Paddy acting as a mentor for this person and continuing to be involved as a co-manager.  I'd agree with my club colleague that there has to be a role for Ronan Sheehan, given his success with the Non-Ards minor teams over recent years (a number of the players from these teams have already made the step up to the Juniors and I'm sure a few more would come on board, including some of our own younger players, if Ronan was involved. The word "odd" comes to mind when it comes down to how these younger lads relate to strangers!).  Also, from what I've seen of JohnnyCool's postings, and if he is who I think he is, he would surely bring something to the table; so why not get JohnnyCool involved too.  Could you work with Paddy JC?

ExiledGael

Presume you'll get as far as Ballygawley roundabout so I'll explain from there, it's pretty simple.
Take the turn off for Enniskillen/Augher and travel through Augher, Clogher, Fivemiletown. All a good straight road, shouldn't have any bother. When you're approaching Enniskillen (hour maximum from Ballygawley) travel straight into town past new Tesco on left until you come to Gaol Square, major junction in middle of town, Dunnes is on the right and you're turning right for Irvinestown along front of Dunnes.
Less than half a mile out that road you take a left for the hospital/cinema and Brewster Park. Traffic will be crammed at that stage so park up anywhere near Dunnes and you've a less than 10 minute walk to the ground.
Make sure you've 12 quid for the Ulster Council!

stiff breeze

Quote from: thegael on November 24, 2008, 11:12:26 PM
the gael has no time for soccer heads and west brits.

good bye stiff wind

I have no time for individuals who try to make a name for themselves over the interweb, or individuals who refer to themselves in the third person. The only reson you are on here is you're not fast enough to catch any of them mourne mountain goats for a good time for yourself . Attention seekers are a sad thing to behold.

dundrumite

Quote from: stiff breeze on November 25, 2008, 05:32:54 PM
Quote from: thegael on November 24, 2008, 11:12:26 PM
the gael has no time for soccer heads and west brits.

good bye stiff wind

I have no time for individuals who try to make a name for themselves over the interweb, or individuals who refer to themselves in the third person. The only reson you are on here is you're not fast enough to catch any of them mourne mountain goats for a good time for yourself . Attention seekers are a sad thing to behold.

Aww well at least he has got some activity started on the board again. Every cloud having a silver lining and all that craic.

wobbller

What is the crack with Darragh and their manager? Fisty cuffs or what?

east down gael

i agree dundrumite.this fella isnt the most subtle,but he does generate a bit of craic.