Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto-Gael

Anyone know whats up with the county website? I know it promised a new format and relaunch a while back and now it seems down. Is it in the mid of probs switching the sites or just no-one has noticed  :)

UPDATE: Its back again and no change so I guess it was the latter  ;D

Separate topic to that - anyone heading for the club development conference this Saturday? Is so, what are you (and club) hoping to get out of it?

Statto-Gael

Saturday 15th Nov

ACFL Div 1 (2 30) - Clonduff v Liatroim 

ACFL Div 1 Semi Finals - Extra Time if Necessary

Pairc Esler (5 45)  - Rostrevor v Kilcoo (C Brannigan)
Pairc Esler (7 30)  - Mayobridge v Castlewellan (C Reynolds)

Sunday 16th Nov

Div 3 Relegation Playoff
Newcastle (1.00) - St John Bosco v Teconnaught

Lecale2

Has any info been issued on the County Convention?

5 Sams

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 12, 2008, 09:01:10 AM

Its on on Sun 14th December in St Malachy's Castlewellan...invitations are out for nominations and motions...
The Aristocrat Years

wobbller

Lecale, are you going to run for High Office?

off the laces

Quote from: wobbller on November 12, 2008, 04:04:09 PM
Lecale, are you going to run for High Office?
Need someone to go in and sort them out........
Keeps 'er' straight

amallon

There have been a lot of people giving out a lot of critisim I wonder will they allow their names to go forward for jobs where the hassle and grief far out weigh any small perks there might be.  I wouldn't fancy it myself.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

DaddyLongLegs

Quote from: amallon on November 12, 2008, 05:27:26 PM
There have been a lot of people giving out a lot of critisim I wonder will they allow their names to go forward for jobs where the hassle and grief far out weigh any small perks there might be.  I wouldn't fancy it myself.

Well said amallon though I didnt think there were many perks. Is a Co Board position not the same as any Club position - endless unpaid hours, personal & family sacrifices, untold criticism from those who seem to think they know how to do everything (but never actually do anything!) etc etc.

Pangurban

Well said A.Mallon, no one should be permitted to critisize until they have earned the right to do so. The Pub Pontificators need to be made face up to the emptiness of their rhetoric

wobbller

Quote from: Pangurban on November 12, 2008, 08:36:43 PM
Well said A.Mallon, no one should be permitted to critisize until they have earned the right to do so. The Pub Pontificators need to be made face up to the emptiness of their rhetoric

So do we submit our CV first to see if any of us are eligible to speak out about our CB and other matters.Hilarious suggestion. ;D ;D

johnneycool

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 12, 2008, 10:25:39 AM

Its on on Sun 14th December in St Malachy's Castlewellan...invitations are out for nominations and motions...

So the clárs wil be out with the clubs soon as well as the financial reports!  ;)

Maiden1

Quote from: amallon on November 12, 2008, 05:27:26 PM

If someone is suggesting what they think is an improvement to the current system it should not always be seen as a critisism.  A healthy county board to me is 1 that gives people the opportunity to voice there opinions without anyone taking offence.

Based on what happened this year below are some improvements that I think could be made.

All final round games to be played together.
A set points total to reach (10 or 11 points) so that we do not get the farcical situation where it is in 3 teams interest to lose there last match.
I'd personally like to see Saturday matches scrapped as a lot of teams have players who play soccer on Saturday, the rule about not playing foreign sports was done away with in the 70's we are just bringing it back by another method.

There are no proofs, only opinions.

Figo

In fairness after playing a few games towards the end of the year on a saturday I have to say I would much prefer it than a sunday game.  It will always conflict with the soccer games but neverthe less leaves everyone with the sunday free.
I think you can only have one sport as a priority and if your losing players to soccer games so be it.  In my view Carnbane League doesnt compare.   

Super Dupe

Kilcoo v Rostrevor game on Saturday has been postponed to Monday night due to the death of the president of the Kilcoo club.

It will now take place at 7.30pm in Newry on Monday.

Dulaney

If thats the case with the Rostrevor v Kilcoo game is there any chance of the Mayobridge v Castlewellan game being brought forward a bit? 7.30 is a late kick off on a Saturday evening for spectators who might also have plans, surely this game could be brought forward to 7pm or even 6.45 now to let people away that wee bit sooner and not 9 o'clock at night.