Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Quote from: bridgegael on November 07, 2008, 04:35:34 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on November 07, 2008, 04:17:41 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on November 07, 2008, 04:14:35 PM
Is the under 20's before or after xmas ?

think your over age lad

i wouldn rule it out,  sure he has head in every other bridge team going this year! ;D
:D
your some boy to be talking, if its after xmas we night enter a team!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

supersub

Quote from: T O Hare on November 07, 2008, 04:14:35 PM
Is the under 20's before or after xmas ?

apparently it is starting quite soon. so before xmas is the answer to your question!!

T O Hare

ah sure it will give other clubs a chance  ;D :D ;)

Square Ball

the u20s will not start until all the div play offs are settled.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dodgy umpire

Quote from: imagine on November 06, 2008, 11:20:40 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on November 06, 2008, 09:48:36 PM
why do you assume i have a vested interest in young people being on the senior panel? (bar our progression into division two)

I am not assuming anything of the sort.Typical "hurler on the ditch".Your first postings in relation to Bredagh all year and you choose  to put the
boot in.Never encourage or mention Bredagh during the season,but wait until defeat and then out with knives.All I hear about  south Belfast,youselves and Saint Bridgets,I usually
dismiss but your sneaky attacks makes me want to change my mind.Oh for the isolation of North Down away from  all that.
Go and help out within your Club instead of attacking it Mr vested interest

you previously implied that i wanted a friend to be on the team, so therefore you are assuming that. it is not my first post relating to bredagh this year , at least get your facts right. expressing an opinion on the make up of the senior panel is not a sneaky attack nor is it in anyway comparable to sticking a knife in. catch yourself on
The Boys in Red and Black are back

dodgy umpire

yes, son friend or self, ie a vested interest .... i am not confused, nor was i at the pub but thanks for your concern
The Boys in Red and Black are back

T O Hare

Bridge hammered liatrom, 6.15 to 0.5 was the score i think, total farce and the worst division one game i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

Maiden1

Quote from: T O Hare on November 08, 2008, 02:59:57 PM
Bridge hammered liatrom, 6.15 to 0.5 was the score i think, total farce and the worst division one game i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

Surprised they managed 5 points.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

amallon

MAYOBRIDGE 6-14 LIATROIM 0-6

Mayobridge completed their league campaign on Saturday with a comprehensive win over very understrength Liatroim team at Fontenoy Park. Right from the throw-in the 'Bridge went into the attack and Brendan Coulter, fresh from his exploits in Australia, hit the net. This was to set the tone for the rest of the game with the visitors scoring at will, meeting very little resistance from the home side and the winning margin gives a good indication of the one-sided nature of the game. The 'Bridge now look forward to next weekend and the league semi-final meeting with Castlewellan while Liatroim can put their feet up for the winter knowing that will be playing First Division football again next season.

Mayobridge team and scorers: Liam Coulter, Gavin Barry (1-1), Shane O'Hare (0-1), Seamus Grant, Conleth O'Hare, Brendan Grant, Micheal Lively (0-1), Cathal Magee (0-1), John Caldwell, Noel Sexton (2-2), Michael Walsh (1-4), Gavin Walsh (0-2), Adrian Barry, Brendan Coulter (1-1), Ryan Brady (0-1).

Subs used: Robbie Coulter, Kevin McClorey (1-0), Ciaran Bradley.

Liatroim scorers: Colin McCrickard (0-2), Liam Morgan (0-2), J.P. Owens (0-1), Ryan Doyle (01).

-------------------
To be fair to Leitrm a good few of their players were at a wedding yesterday and weren't in the best of form for the game.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Whitehair

Division 2 Hurling Final Replay @ Ballela

Ballycran 1.12 Warrenpoint 1.11

Lecale2

Downgael2008

I think its an absolute disgrace the way the leagues have finished this year. All final day fixtures should have been played on the same day to give teams a fair chance. How saval, leitrim and loughinisland fared out against the bridge in those last couple of league games was nothing short of disgraceful, knowing defeat would keep you up. What a fantastic way to promote our games to the youth of those clubs using defeat as an acceptable means to send another club down. This is not a personal attack on those 3 clubs but the whole system and league structure. Saturday fixtures at 1pm is laughable and wouldnt under no circumstances happen in any other county in Ulster and that is just 1 minor issue. The whole structure seriously needs looked at or we are going to find our football in this county disintegrate at an alarming rate.

Rant over !  >:(

gorm agus bui

100% correct Downgael. This year has shown exactly the flaws with our leagues with teams lying down to either gain an advantage for themselves or to do a bad turn to a neighbour.
But clubs must take responsibility here as they were the ones who turned down the opportunity to change about 18 mths ago.
When it comes to issues like this all clubs take a very narrow view. That is democracy in action. Perhaps a ctte, reperesentative of all stakeholders,should make the decision on behalf of all clubs for a trial view.
We all know the various options open to us. Now it is time for affirmative action before we gp through the same process again and again

DownFanatic

Downpatrick beat Tullylish 0-09 to 0-08 today to condemn Tullylish to Division 3 next year with Dundrum.
This just once more highlights the inadequacies in our League structure. The two teams that went up from Division 3 last year are now back down again and the two teams that went down from Division 2 last year are very likely to go back up to it from Division 3 this year.

Bitta-Banter

Any word on Bredagh & Crryduff games today?