Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

Quote from: T O Hare on October 20, 2008, 02:56:31 PM
Quote from: umpire on October 20, 2008, 02:53:58 PM
Goldenyears

Think Mayobridge need to win all 3 games to put An Riocht down to Div 2 automatically
If Bridge win 2 out of 3 games, that leave the Bridge with 38 points and 30% equal to 11.4 and rounded of to near point is then 11. An Riocht have 11 already and they will be in playoff off.
That is my thinking of it.

Longstone are still not clear of bottom 4 yet.

If the Bridge beat loughinisland on Sunday they are left with Liatroim and Saval in their remaining fixtures!!! ;) ;D

What's the betting on all 3 of these teams get stuffed by Mayobridge even if Mayobridge put there minor team out.  It would be like turkeys voting for Christmas for them to beat Mayobridge.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

The GAA

Looking at the game as a neutral i'd say that the bridge have an above average number of "poor" (relatively speaking) players on their team for a county championship winning team. they rely very heavily on walsh and coulter in particular and the quality isn't there to carry the game when those two are nullified.

islandboy

Maiden it is a very strange situation in that the three teams that mayobridge play would benefit from the bridge winning and thus would be out of relegation play offs. not good way for down football but.......

T O hare - are you sure we play the bridge on sunday?

Maiden1

Quote from: islandboy on October 20, 2008, 04:35:33 PM
Maiden it is a very strange situation in that the three teams that mayobridge play would benefit from the bridge winning and thus would be out of relegation play offs. not good way for down football but.......

T O hare - are you sure we play the bridge on sunday?

Yeah, think the fairest way would have been for the last couple of round ofleague  games to be played together, that way e.g.  Loughinisland would not know that An Riocht where going to lose to Castlewellan and would be all out to beat Mayobridge to be out of the bottom 4.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Square Ball

Quote from: No1 on October 20, 2008, 02:24:13 PM
Any fixtures for this weekend out yet?

It begins

Saturday 25th Oct
Div 3 Promotion Playoff
Ballykinlar 3 00
Glassdrumman v Bredagh
ACFL Div 1
Liatroim v Castlewellan
ACPRL Div 1
Mayobridge v Clonduff
ACPRL Div 2
Saval v Ballymartin
Longstone v Carryduff
ACHL Div 2 Playoff
Kilclief 4 00
Ballycran v Warrenpoint
Sunday 26th Oct 2 00
ACFL Div 1
Loughinisland v Mayobridge
Kilcoo v Saval
Ballyholland v Longstone
ACFL Div 2
Clann na Banna v Shamrocks
Kilclief v Warrenpoint
Div 3 Promotion Playoff
Saul 2 00
Carryduff v Ardglass
Div 3 relegation Playoff
Tullylish 2 00
St John Bosco v St Micheals

this is the e-mail I got, I have no idea about the venues.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Dannymcfella

Quote from: kb on October 20, 2008, 03:54:45 PM
Anyone know about what is happening in div 2 about the relegation play offs. Results from county board are wrong as Tullylish beat Downpatrick on Saturday. The 30% mark is 11.4 and kilcief have 11. Will this be rounded down or do they have to get above it?

It gets rounded down.
Is the 30% mark not 12? Bryansford not have 38 points? Thus leaving Kilclief needing 1 more point?

corn02

What the f**k are yous on about? Is this the percentage of winning the leaders' games or something. Can anyone explain the rules?

passedit

Quote from: Square Ball on October 20, 2008, 05:57:38 PM
Quote from: No1 on October 20, 2008, 02:24:13 PM
Any fixtures for this weekend out yet?

It begins

Saturday 25th Oct
Div 3 Promotion Playoff
Ballykinlar 3 00
Glassdrumman v Bredagh
ACFL Div 1
Liatroim v Castlewellan
ACPRL Div 1
Mayobridge v Clonduff
ACPRL Div 2
Saval v Ballymartin
Longstone v Carryduff
ACHL Div 2 Playoff
Kilclief 4 00
Ballycran v Warrenpoint
Sunday 26th Oct 2 00
ACFL Div 1
Loughinisland v Mayobridge
Kilcoo v Saval
Ballyholland v Longstone
ACFL Div 2
Clann na Banna v Shamrocks
Kilclief v Warrenpoint
Div 3 Promotion Playoff
Saul 2 00
Carryduff v Ardglass
Div 3 relegation Playoff
Tullylish 2 00
St John Bosco v St Micheals

this is the e-mail I got, I have no idea about the venues.

fixed that for ye square ball.   :P
Don't Panic

Dannymcfella

Quote from: corn02 on October 20, 2008, 06:09:13 PM
What the f**k are yous on about? Is this the percentage of winning the leaders' games or something. Can anyone explain the rules?

In order for the bottom 4 teams to force even a relegation play-off they must have a 3rd of the winning teams points, this is to stop teams getting destroyed week in week out yet staying up through the play-offs.

corn02

hmmm suppose good system them. What if a team went unbeaten and three teams did not have a third, would they automatically all go down or have a play-off?

Dannymcfella

Quote from: corn02 on October 20, 2008, 06:20:59 PM
hmmm suppose good system them. What if a team went unbeaten and three teams did not have a third, would they automatically all go down or have a play-off?

If a team doesn't have a 3rd of the points they are automatically down, if more than 2 teams have not got the required points the bottom 2 are automatically relegated.

corn02

Fair enough. Playoffs are a waste of time should be two up, two down.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: corn02 on October 20, 2008, 06:26:43 PM
Fair enough. Playoffs are a waste of time should be two up, two down.

Couldn't agree more

No1

QuoteAnyone know about what is happening in div 2 about the relegation play offs. Results from county board are wrong as Tullylish beat Downpatrick on Saturday. The 30% mark is 11.4 and kilcief have 11. Will this be rounded down or do they have to get above it?

It gets rounded down.
Is the 30% mark not 12? Bryansford not have 38 points? Thus leaving Kilclief needing 1 more point?

My head is fried with this shite!

11.4 is 30% of 38 and this is rounded down to 11.  As far as I can tell we are in the play offs because we have 11 points.  I know this has been explained at length earlier in this thread but there are too many pages to trawl through! 

Can anyone confirm that the points are rounded down rather than up?

umpire

Last year Div 3
Tullylish finished on top with 34 points

St Pauls got 10  points and they played in play off.

34 points * 30% = 10.2
This has been rounded to near whole point 10 instead of up to next whole point which is 11

Going by last year Div 3, then Kilclief have enough points for play off
Bryansford 38 points * 30% = 11.4 rounded of to near whole point is 11
Kilclief have 11 already.
Or has it changed to rounded up to nearest whole point 12 and different from last year